It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BNP leader arrested ( finaly )

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   

bbc news
The leader of the British National Party has been arrested as part of a police inquiry following the screening of a BBC documentary.
A party spokesman said Nick Griffin was arrested on Tuesday morning on suspicion of incitement to racial hatred.

West Yorkshire Police confirmed they had arrested a 45-year-old man from outside their area.

BNP founding chairman John Tyndall was arrested on Sunday on the same charge.

Criminal damage
link

final he is arrested

[edit on 14-12-2004 by bodrul]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Yay! Perhaps now some of the party members will leave and get their senses back now they are not listening to his racist spiel.

I hope they lock him up, it'll be one less person iciting hatred in Britain, and shows that (I hope) the government AREN'T gonig to put up with these people anymore.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teh_Gerbil
Yay! Perhaps now some of the party members will leave and get their senses back now they are not listening to his racist spiel.

Doubtful, the reason people sign up to the BNP is that they are racist neo-nazis already.

Great news that he's been arrested

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Seems like he got off on bail for now,

BNP BOSS REMAINS DEFIANT

The leader of the British National Party remained defiant tonight after being questioned on suspicion of inciting racial hatred.

Nick Griffin claims his arrest this morning was part of a government campaign to "demonise" his party.

"This is an electoral scam to get the Muslim block vote back to the Labour Party," he said after being bailed.

I hope this sends a message to his party,

Full story
SKYNEWS

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
bad news for the government...
you are giving them more fuel for the fire now. i know people who are far right voters and they have told me that the BNP will be using this during the election.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
bad news for the government...
you are giving them more fuel for the fire now. i know people who are far right voters and they have told me that the BNP will be using this during the election.

I can't help but see the similarities between Hitler being jailed after the Beer Hall Putsch and the BNP leader being arrested.

After Hitlers jail term, people saw that the Government feared Hitlers ideas, and in the minds of the ignorant they voted for him.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
I can't help but see the similarities between Hitler being jailed after the Beer Hall Putsch and the BNP leader being arrested.

After Hitlers jail term, people saw that the Government feared Hitlers ideas, and in the minds of the ignorant they voted for him.

Exactly,
this is what is worrying now, the BNP dont just preach to white voters anymore. its the only far right group in the UK that can get votes from non whites

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
it is a shame that that (multiple expletive insult) got bail

The police should have:

dropped him off in Brixton and let the yardies have a pop at his @$$

Or

denied him bail, and put him in a cell with that fool Abu Hamza (and some of Hamza's followers)

Oh, i have such an EVIL imagination sometimes...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Oh god... The Beer Hall putsch similarties scared me now you mention it.
They should send him to Brixton... Or infact, any large ethnic group area.

Although now the BNP is diversifying into all areas, there are all religions joining now.

We really cannot let them get into power. If it actually means taking action, I am willing. I just hope im not alone, or they are stopped sooner. Can we not get a law passed on this?

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   

We really cannot let them get into power.

I totally agree with you on this

If it actually means taking action, I am willing. I just hope im not alone, or they are stopped sooner.

You are not alone, and you can take action, either through helping the Anti Nazi League, or try the unity coalition (but you'll probably find they are closely linked to the ANL anyway)

Can we not get a law passed on this?

unfortunately not. it would be a breach of human rights i think.

but we can always wish i guess...

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Maybe they should try to involve them more in the political process. Let them have their say so people can see what an odious bunch of worms these people are. I'd like to see him debate his ideas with Blair/Howard/Kennedy and watch him get ripped to shreds or possibly with Abbot/Boateng/Amos. Hold him up and show people the kind of moron he is.

Arresting him under a law many people either don't understand or don't agree with will just give them something to use politically.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Yeah, then people who realise that the BNP don't HAVE a policy at all, except "We hate people! Lets kill/send them away! Even if they are Britsih but disagree with us!" And "Hitler was right."

It'd be funny as they tried to argue a point with no firm ground, or even ground at all...
Could make a good comedy video.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daystar
The police should have:

dropped him off in Brixton and let the yardies have a pop at his @$$

Or

denied him bail, and put him in a cell with that fool Abu Hamza (and some of Hamza's followers)

So the police should resort to racist actions against him them?

that really doesnt make sense. police should just let them be because the more they and the government get involved, the more support the BNP will gain.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   

that really doesnt make sense. police should just let them be because the more they and the government get involved, the more support the BNP will gain.

Very true, if we sink to the level of the BNP then people won't be able to see what the BNP truely are...scum

Lets not drop to their standards,

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   

ok fair point. i let my distaste for these people run riot. apologies

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daystar
ok fair point. i let my distaste for these people run riot. apologies

That can be bad too,
heard of something called "Red watch"? it is run by the national front (i think) and if you are seen pubically or via the internet protesting against the far right..your details (with your picture) appear on the site.

Scary...

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Really? Isn't that... Illegal? Publishing folks details online? You could report a link to the autorities.

Sorry about sinking to their level too, they just annoy me so much... Gagh, Nazi's, why in this day and age? Outdated beleifs aren't good.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Really? Isn't that... Illegal? Publishing folks details online? You could report a link to the autorities.

Sorry about sinking to their level too, they just annoy me so much... Gagh, Nazi's, why in this day and age? Outdated beleifs aren't good.

People are entitled to their views and some feel that is the best way to live their life.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I don't get this hatred for Nick Griffin.
I've seen the speech he was arrested for and I didn't see anything there that was worth prosecuting him over.

He mainly just mentioned crimes being committed against whites that the media were not mentioning and he talked about immigration and how no party other than the BNP wanted to do anything to reduce it.

Here's a copy of the speech:
www.bnp.org.uk...

Direct link:
www.robertlockearchive.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
It's not good news at all.

Arresting people for speaking such things, only forces them to go under-ground and helps to legitimize there cause. I'd much rather that they were out in the open and were saying whatever they desired - even though I would be on there list of people they desire to deport.

AceOfBase - Just so you are aware, the title and tag line for their 2004 election was "Let's Show Immigrants the door in 2004". It wasn't all lovey dovey and showing what they media do not...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join