It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[DRG2015] Writers Contest[WINNERS ANNOUNCED]

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Anyone else have any ideas?

Um, I got two...

-A story based on an ancient mythology or a well-known legend,

-A story in which a new, previously unknown civilisation is described (it may be a new civilisation on a distant planet, it may be a new civilisation of elves, anything).

That's all I can think of...

OMG, how cute, I just glanced over at my tank and little froggie is sitting on a leaf.

Picture or it didn't happen...

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Interesting. Thank you, I shall keep this mind.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Maybe a Dystopia scenario? Future or current, doesn't matter.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

To witness dystopia one needs not to write a story, one needs only to look out the window ...

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

The best tales are founded on reality.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Good point.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Have a look at this

we are going to do some collaboration with our artists (of which many of you count yourselves). The concept: they are running a contest where they have 2 images that they can manipulate into something dazzling/amazing. The contest will run, ATS members will vote, and the winning image will be used as the prompt for a short story contest.

Once this contest is over, we will resume our normal festivities with our current winner determining the next prompt. Even if its about the penguins, LOL.

Stay tuned...and vote for your favorite images in the above linked thread.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Sounds interesting...I'll be keeping an eye on it. Great idea!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I won't be entering that one, but will surely make a vote.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

And why, may I ask, not?

I love reading your stories; don't bother not writing one this time round, I'll be most upset!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I have an idea. If I had writer status I'd put it in the collaborative forum and try to get it set up and off and going myself... but since I don't
- I thought I'd put the idea here for consideration.

What if in the near future, a group of privately funded scientists discover a way to travel through time. Suppose, certain people wanted to take advantage of this and travel through time with advanced knowledge and technology.

What if this explains out of place artifacts? What if this explains the miraculous feats, architecture, out of place knowledge - some 'gods' and pharaohs and leaders - had and exhibited - in a stage of human development that far exceeded the knowledge base. Suppose, that history is being rewritten by the future. By a group of powerful men who covet power.

What if you were recruited with others - to go into the past 10,000 (?) or so years - to where this group of powerful people are wielding and shaping the future - and stop them. You are sent with advanced technology and a base of operations to hunt the men of the future posing as gods - an island everyone ironically calls - Atlantis.

You can create your operative character, the renegade time traveler villain and connect it with a legend, out of place artifact, or even out of place knowledge. I'm at a point where I'm flip flopping through different oddities in history in my head. King Arthur and Merlin, Robin hood, the ark of the covenant - but it could be something totally abstract to the mysterious batteries found that dated back thousands of years. Also a watch that was found out of place in time.

Anyhow, that's my idea and I thought I'd share.

ETA - Heh, I just saw the photomanipulation contest. Me thinks I'll throw my hat in!

CdT

edit on 12-3-2015 by CirqueDeTruth because: edit to add

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Night. I just thought of a Topic for the Next Writing Contest. Not sure if You have already thought of this, or anyone else has mentioned it yet.

Cryptozoology! I have always been fascinated by this. As have a lot of others in the Forums. Such wonders still exist that have not been found or proven yet. That I am sure of!

For those who have heard the word but are not real sure of it's true meaning, Here's the Wiki on it:

"Cryptozoology (from Greek κρυπτός, kryptos, "hidden" + zoology; literally, "study of hidden animals") is a pseudoscience involving the search for animals whose existence has not been proven. The animals cryptozoologists study are often referred to as cryptids, a term coined by John Wall in 1983.[1] This includes looking for living examples of animals that are considered extinct, such as non-avian dinosaurs; animals whose existence lacks physical evidence but which appear in myths, legends, or are reported, such as Bigfoot and Chupacabra;[2] and wild animals dramatically outside their normal geographic ranges, such as phantom cats (also known as Alien Big Cats)"
edit on 14-3-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

I love Your Imagination! Your Time Traveling AND Out of Place Artifacts is an amazing Theory. Even if You came up with it for kicks, it could have valued Merit! Perhaps You have solved that great Puzzle/Mystery of the out of place (in Time) Items!!
Later for now, Syx.

edit on 14-3-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Oh sorry I didn't respond here earlier.

You guys are awesome! I have been given some great ideas here and in U2U's for the next topic and I can say this...It will be very difficult to choose! Some really great ideas people! Thank you! I also know this...it will be fun and challenging.

Until that time of decision, I am still open to suggestions. Keep them coming!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

And why, may I ask, not?

I love reading your stories; don't bother not writing one this time round, I'll be most upset!

That was the photo manipulation contest. I'm not that technically inclined. LOL

Thanks so much for your kind words, much appreciated. HUGS!

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Sorry so late .. Congratulations!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

the photomanipulation contest is now over, with results to be posted imminently by DTOM.

ONce that is done, there will be a writing contest. The schtick: the writing theme will be the winner of the photomanipulation contest.

I do hope you enter. You're a great writer

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Oh, cool. We'll see. Thanks for your kind words!!!!

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join