It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"House of Cards" or "The West Wing"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Which imaginary (US) government would you prefer have in power?

I've always been of the opinion that our TV viewing habits were a more accurate portrayal of our true desires then any poll ever could be. Both are popular with viewers - one is old school and one new.

So how about it - which would you prefer??

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Politically, i couldn't be further away from the Bartlett administration on The West Wing. And I really don't particularly like Josh, to be honest. That said....i would trip over myself voting for a man like him. But I think they like to lie about what candidates are really like. Because I would also trip over myself voting for Vinick and Santos (the 2 running for office in the final season).

In retrospect, I don't much care for Reagan. But during his presidency, he emanated an ambiance of integrity and principle. Maybe he had that integrity and principle, and GHW Bush was just too big of a scoundrel. We don't get that peek behind the scenes, and were not given an opportunity to hear him speak post presidency to get a better idea of where he actually was (mentally and emotionally) during his terms.

At this point, I would vote for anyone that had character, principles, and integrity. None of them seem to represent me and my values. I do what I say I'll do. I don't lie, steal, and cheat. I take enormous pride in doing things "the right way", and generating good will in the process.

And at this point I don't anticipate participating in the next presidential election. When given a choice between a kick in the groin or a sock in the nose, sometimes the only sane choice to make is "neither".

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
West Wing !!!

new topics

join