It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Hebdo (2015) vs Rainbow Warrior (1985)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
July 1985 New Zealand, French agents plant two naval mines on the Rainbow Warrior. Killing Dutch Photographer on board the boat.

So really why is France getting so up set about Freedom of Speech and expression. When 30 years ago there very own government sanctioned a terrorist act in another nation to stop people from expressing there right to freedom of speech (protesting). The French are quite happy to crap in someone else backyard. But cry tears of outrage when it comes home to roost in there own backyard.

pot calling the kettle black....

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: greenfruit

Seriously?? A bunch of innocent people get slaughtered and this is what you come up with?
Did the French do something to you personally to piss you off?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Sounds like a lot of other countries, mine included.
The walls of this house are infested with vermin.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Here is a link from the BBC about the sinking of the Rainbow Warrior since the thread author failed to provide one. I as I am sure many are unfamiliar with this story.

www.bbc.com...

I must point out that this sanctioned act of terror did not come from the people of France but from within the government at the time. The act of terror you are speaking was not directed at the French government but at the innocent citizens of France so they have every right to be upset. The French military ministers resigned and the two operatives went to jail for the crime of manslaughter for the act against the Rainbow Warrior.

Perhaps this protest can become a turning point in the war against terror, we have seen children, 132 killed at the hands of these groups, cartoonist, and many other innocents across the globe so protest and let us hope its stops or at least slows the violence against the innocents.
edit on 1/10/2015 by DJMSN because: correction

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
My government has sanctioned the killing of many that I do not condone nor celebrate.

Why do you expect more from the citizens of another country than we do our own?

The government has to act outraged regardless. It's the citizens that I pay attention to and care about and that is where this loss is truly felt more than anywhere else.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
the rainbow warrior, wow - now that's something close to the heart and home.

They never intended to kill, they just wanted to damage the boat so it couldn't interfere.

Wrong, I agree - but whats happening today with militant Islam is totally different

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
i see your location says in the toilet,i think thats where your views should stay since comparing this incident to rainbow warrior is so far off track.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN
Thank you, I had never heard of it.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
An Eye for a Eye and we are all Blind.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Well said, I'd forgotten all about that; it was in New Zealand in our backyard.

en.wikipedia.org...
"As part of a plea bargain, the two agents pleaded guilty to manslaughter and were sentenced to ten years in prison, but in fact spent just over two years confined to the French island of Hao before being freed by their government in breach of its treaty obligation"

2 years for manslaughter,hmm. Pre-mediatated murder if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

exactly ! i wish more people would stand up like this to the attempts of internet censorship ...........

so much fish around this story ..

top topics

join