It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember Bosnia? The 90s Conflict? Ambassador: U.S. "sent army to create this.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
But why would "the West" do something contrary to its own interests? A stable and unified Yugooslavia would stand as a bridge to both Eastern Europe and the "Muslim world." reply to: Nikola014

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

I am no fan of Islam at all, but this post is pretty inaccurate.

Holy Smokes! You and me agree on something. It must be a sign of the End times. LOL

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Great post. I've always said that a unified Yugoslavia would be a rival to Germany in financial power and particularly resources in today's age. But it splintered in a nationalist fervor and as such, none of that regions players have much power.

But if they could somehow united again, maybe even join the EU, they would be the major power player in the EU. I don't think that any one in the EU wants that though.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

I tend to think of American (and partners) foreign policy as akin to a cockroach exterminator, going around the neighbourhood in the dead of night with a sack full of Roach eggs planting them in a home here and a home there...wait a week and drop Roach extermination flyers through the homes' letterboxes offering a 10% discount.

If the MIC want the contract to exterminate the roaches, there needs to be infestations to exterminate.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You sort of broad stoked it (then and now), thought this was pertinent…

How is it pertinent?

A truck gets sold at auction and it gets sent overseas and now the American government is responsible for them having the truck...grasping pretty hard at the straw aren't we?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

UN Complicity In Islamic Jihad Against Serbs

Me thinks your video is of a prisoner exchange...look it even has the same people in it.

Imagine that.

(post by Telos removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Ironic for the author not to even change or make notes on why the Ambassador stated what he did. But its clear what the Ambassador said we send the army to create this.

Except the US wasn't involved with troops till 1999 so exactly how did the US send troops to create this? Ironic that you would take what was said out of context...but for you I am not surprised.

Here you go a timeline of what happened in Yugoslavia...

www.pbs.org...

I am surprised there was no outrage at his statements at all.

That is because everyone else seems to understand what he said and didn't take it out of context as to what was said. The only reason it seems to be true to you is because you have this fascination with the US and and casting blame to them causing all the problems in the world throughout history.

How you make terrorists? well going to war is one of them.

It also helps to blame the US for everything instead of actually seeing where the real problems lay.

edit on 11-1-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

(post by tsurfer2000h removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I am amazed that your source even got the Ambassadors quote wrong and made it a sensationalist headline.

I see here the quote he said...

"Perhaps people do not believe it because we had to send our army here, to the region, in the 1990s, which were quite controversial, but we really wanted to create a situation that we see more and more today," he was quoted as saying, and added:

Looks as though he said they wanted to create the type of country they see today where everyone isn't killing and torturing others like they were doing back then.

But of course you decided to follow suite and run with the headline...tell me something exactly where in that article does he say we created the situation by sending our troops there?

This seems to be a recurring theme for you lately...take what someone says and make it out to be something it isn't.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

A truck gets sold at auction and it gets sent overseas

The truck got ship to ISIS, not "overseas".

Kind of like when the Ukrainian government was using UN helicopters but they forgot to take the logo off the side.

Probably a language barrier thing.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

The Western interventions may look like a failure to the public but they aren't to the puppet masters who create these scenarios.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
This seems to be a recurring theme for you lately...take what someone says and make it out to be something it isn't.

That's how his propaganda works.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
Look at how those countries are doing now and the hatred the exists between the people there. Mission accomplished.

Wasn't that hatred alive and well for like the last 2000 years with only the Russians oppressive might keeping it at bay? We seen the same thing in Iraq, remove the oppressive force and old grudges come a live very quickly.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

You said the truth.

But why do people keep forgetting to mention all the things that was done to Serbs during that time? You made it seem like only evil Serbis did the bad things. You keep forgetting that for the war you need at least two sides. If you don't want to recognize that Bosnians and Croatians also did terrible things, then you are just ignorant and fed up by western propaganda during that time.

I have one question for you all. Who put those nationalists on the top of Bosnia, Serbia, Croatia? They didn't come there all by themselves. They were supported by the west because they needed to finish what had been started. Destruction of communism in Europe and Yugoslavia.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Actually it's quite the opposite. Our nations never lead wars against each other during the past. It all started in the '90. Well, truth to be told, a seed of hatred was planted during the WW2 with cetnici( they were for the king ) and ustase( they cooperated with the Nazis ). But considering that Tito and communist won, they were the enemies of the state and were not welcomed in Yugoslavia. They were quiet till the early '90, because they preached nationalism so a lot of young people joined them.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The truck got ship to ISIS, not "overseas".

Last time I checked they were overseas. I also looked at a map and Syria and Iraq don't seem to be in the US, so then where did they ship it to if not overseas?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Kind of like when the Ukrainian government was using UN helicopters but they forgot to take the logo off the side.

You mean this one...

www.stopfake.org...

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join