It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police say a gunman has taken hostages at Tomball Hospital in Tomball, Texas. KHOU

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Father in custody. Latest report.

No one harmed.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

originally posted by: deadeyedick
yea thank you obamacare

This has nothing to do with Obamacare.

Can you explain how you arrived at that conclusion? Or should we assume it's as factual as "you can keep your insurance plan".

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The radio is reporting that no weapon was involved and all are safe.
Having just dealt two close relatives in the hospital I can tell you that I can completely understand frustration over the current situation in hospitals.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
My earlier post about drug addiction seems to have been way off base. I apologize for that. Just heard a news report that said he was upset because they want to take his son off life support.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
My earlier post about drug addiction seems to have been way off base. I apologize for that. Just heard a news report that said he was upset because they want to take his son off life support.

UK Daily News people are commenting on how the father was on his way over to say goodbye to his son who was in ICU. Knowing he was on his way, his ex had life support pulled before he could get there just to be a pill. Father never arrived in time to say goodbye, which sent him over the edge. I don't know if this was true or not, but if it is, it's understandable. Hell of an ex, if so. I can see the funeral now, you'd need security, just to ensure he doesn't strangle the wench. I know if my ex pulled the plug on my daughter before I had a chance to say goodbye just to be a bastard, I know he would need security from me.

(Though I will say, ICU CERTAINLY was NOT the place for all of this to go down. Those families are in enough torment worrying about their loved ones without having to worrying about SWAT and all that!)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow
Prediction Time:

White Male, 30-40 years old, domestic situation.

Resolution: Suicide by cop.

White Male: Check
30-40 years old: Wrong; 59.
Domestic Situation: Check
Resolution: Wrong; Arrested and Charged

50%

Not bad.

www.click2houston.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
No decency from those making jokes about Obamacare and watnot. Thats ats in a nutshell, I shouldn't be surprised.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Knowing he was on his way, his ex had life support pulled before he could get there just to be a pill. Father never arrived in time to say goodbye, which sent him over the edge.

I guess she had "custody" then? I wonder what the laws are about life and death decisions at the hospital. Though an ex husband, he's still the father. Would the Hospital do that, knowing that one parent hadn't yet given the OK or even gotten closure?

Hmmm…

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Knowing he was on his way, his ex had life support pulled before he could get there just to be a pill. Father never arrived in time to say goodbye, which sent him over the edge.

I guess she had "custody" then? I wonder what the laws are about life and death decisions at the hospital. Though an ex husband, he's still the father. Would the Hospital do that, knowing that one parent hadn't yet given the OK or even gotten closure?

Hmmm…

I honestly don't know the law, but for me, common decency would dictate she wait until he arrives, go get herself some rotgut in the cafeteria while he says his goodbyes, after he leaves, she goes in to say her goodbyes, then pulls the plug, neither having to cross the others path and this all could have been avoided. I know, I have an ex like her but in male form. I've been dealing with the games for 4 years now. Our daughter is 19 but because she's special needs, I get to deal with his games for life. Yeah me!

We have joint medical custody, yet he refuses to pitch in when she needs something, such as her cell phone minutes because he feels "19 is too young". No, he's just trying to make me pay for everything. I know the game. His latest game is to take her out of state when she visits him without my knowledge, something I'm not allowed to do. I'm at the point of amending the divorce decree to make him pay half her expenses and notify me when she goes out of state. Just to level the playing field. Some exes get along, some never grew up. Sounds like this lady was of the never grew up variety.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I can feel your pain. Too bad the child becomes the battle ground between the parents.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I can feel your pain. Too bad the child becomes the battle ground between the parents.

I always try to take his feelings into consideration. For example, when she was visiting me over Christmas break and became seriously ill with the flu and had to go to the ER, I texted him the whole time to let him know what was going on. When she is with him and she goes to the hospital, I find out the next time she visits me and she tells me she wanted to call me but he wouldn't let her. That's the stuff I put up with.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

... This guy is in Texas. Texas has the worst mental healthcare in the country. He probably isn't on his meds right now.

Sounds like pure speculation. Any facts?

edit:

Mental Health by state
edit on 1/15/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I'm sorry you have to go through that.

Its a hard road. For both parties. Even harder for the kids. Look whats happened in Dallas.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

... This guy is in Texas. Texas has the worst mental healthcare in the country. He probably isn't on his meds right now.

Sounds like pure speculation. Any facts?

edit:

Mental Health by state

I wish it was speculation.

healthblog.dallasnews.com...
mhafbc.org...
www.motherjones.com...

Texas is a bad place to have a mental illness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join