It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Soldier Does The Unthinkable During Muslim Prayer Time. OMG…

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Assuming this video is what it says it is (and I have some doubts) this guy's an absolute moron. Cry all you want about terrorists beheading Westerners, but we bombed and maimed innocent people in these countries for a decade.

The myth of 'protecting us' is also a complete nonsense - here in the West you are significantly (and I truly mean significantly) more likely to be killed or even harmed by lightening than a terrorist. Do you need protecting from lightening?

I'd like to see this idiot rock out after his child was blown into pieces in a drone strike based on poor intel.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
So on 4th of July, I'm going to play this and post it on all American forums.

www.youtube.com...

God Save the Queen

God save our gracious Queen,
Long live our noble Queen,
God save the Queen!
Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us,
God save the Queen!

O lord God arise,
Scatter our enemies,
And make them fall!
Confound their knavish tricks,
Confuse their politics,
On you our hopes we fix,
God save the Queen!

Not in this land alone,
But be God's mercies known,
From shore to shore!
Lord make the nations see,
That men should brothers be,
And form one family,
The wide world ov'er

From every latent foe,
From the assasins blow,
God save the Queen!
O'er her thine arm extend,
For Britain's sake defend,
Our mother, prince, and friend,
God save the Queen!

Thy choicest gifts in store,
On her be pleased to pour,
Long may she reign!
May she defend our laws,
And ever give us cause,
To sing with heart and voice,
God save the Queen!

Ok maybe I won't, but we'd see how many who defend this jerk's actions would defend mine.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I think people need to understand just how awful "prayer time" really is over there. Think of a massive number of 50s era loud speakers with a million watts going though them creating this god awful distortion, then pumping their prays though them. There was one place where we nicknamed this guy the "Angry Cleric" It was a good 45 minutes twice a day of screaming for everyone to hear...great fun.

This guy is just demonstrating that frustration of listening to it day in and day out....

I have this friend who lives almost on the runway of the biggest airport in our country. Every 5 mins. a plane flies right over his house close enough that you could touch it if you stood on his roof.

God awful noise!!!

When I asked him if he wasn't going insane with the noise he said he didn't even hear them anymore...

Maybe it's something like that.

Being in a new place asks adaptation and I think he is going about it in the wrong way. Just my humble opinion though..

Peace

I'll let you decide... This one is actually not too bad compared to others... Make sure you turn your speakers to full to get the total effect...

edit on 11-1-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I think people need to understand just how awful "prayer time" really is over there. Think of a massive number of 50s era loud speakers with a million watts going though them creating this god awful distortion, then pumping their prays though them. There was one place where we nicknamed this guy the "Angry Cleric" It was a good 45 minutes twice a day of screaming for everyone to hear...great fun.

This guy is just demonstrating that frustration of listening to it day in and day out....

How is that any different from the idiotic and fanatic CATHOLIC Church Bells Cacophony I have to listen here in Spain ANY effing holiday, any Sunday at ungodly hours? When I say ungodly hours I mean it, I am talking about 7:00am and sometimes ALL DAY LONG.
Today was another Sunday where I didn't get enough sleep because of the church bells chiming on-end early in the morning. The "religious firecrackers" I am not even mentioning, firecrackers which get shot at SEVEN AM in the fricking morning and can also last for the entire day on most holidays, in addition to the church bells.

'scuse me that I find Islamic prayer time not more nuts than this. In fact I would actually prefer an Islamic prayer at a civil time over effing church bells at 7:00am any day.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: mr-lizard
Ok maybe I won't, but we'd see how many who defend this jerk's actions would defend mine.

Deal, but you need to listen to this guy play the Star Spangled Banner 5 times a day though very load and distorted speakers for months, then you can do you thing...sound good?

1. The Dawn Prayer must be observed during two hours before sunrise (11:114, 24:58).
2. The Noon Prayer is due when the sun declines from its highest pointat noon (17:78).
3. The Afternoon Prayer can be observed during the 3-4 hours preceding sunset (2:238).
4. The Sunset Prayer becomes due after sunset (11:114).
5. The Night Prayer can be observed after the twilight disappears from the sky (24:58).

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed

How is that any different from the idiotic and fanatic CATHOLIC Church Bells Cacophony I have to listen here in Spain ANY effing holiday, any Sunday at ungodly hours? When I say ungodly hours I mean it, I am talking about 7:00am and sometimes ALL DAY LONG.
Today was another Sunday where I didn't get enough sleep because of the church bells chiming on-end early in the morning. The "religious firecrackers" I am not even mentioning, firecrackers which get shot at SEVEN AM in the fricking morning and can also last for the entire day on most holidays, in addition to the church bells.

As I said... Also pipe those bells though load speakers across the whole town too... BTW where do you live?
hehe

1. The Dawn Prayer must be observed during two hours before sunrise (11:114, 24:58).
2. The Noon Prayer is due when the sun declines from its highest pointat noon (17:78).
3. The Afternoon Prayer can be observed during the 3-4 hours preceding sunset (2:238).
4. The Sunset Prayer becomes due after sunset (11:114).
5. The Night Prayer can be observed after the twilight disappears from the sky (24:58).

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

So what? Its a predominantly Islamic region. That would be like living in Detroit and then complaining about all the Red Wings fans. If you live in an Islamic country you have to put up with their culture.

Why does it upset you so much?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
a reply to: Xtrozero

So what? Its a predominantly Islamic region. That would be like living in Detroit and then complaining about all the Red Wings fans. If you live in an Islamic country you have to put up with their culture.

Why does it upset you so much?

It doesn't upset me, my original post is how annoying prayer time over there is. Its extremely loud and most of the time distorted and played throughout the day from 2 hours before sunrise to after sunset and when your living in a tent there is no getting away from it. All I'm saying is I can understand the guys frustration for what he did.

When we do this same thing with rock music to Getmo detainees it is called torture...hehe

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

I once lived in a house next to a church and the bells rang every quarter of an hour 24 hours a day.
I had to move out.
When I ran my east end pub in london I was awoken by the mosque everyday but the guy doing it had a lovely voice and I enjoyed it plus I didn't need an alarm clock anymore lol.

edit on 11-1-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

this is just plain rude

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mr-lizard

www.youtube.com...

God Save the Queen

God save our gracious Queen,
Long live our noble Queen,
God save the Queen!
Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us,
God save the Queen!

O lord God arise,
Scatter our enemies,
And make them fall!
Confound their knavish tricks,
Confuse their politics,
On you our hopes we fix,
God save the Queen!

Not in this land alone,
But be God's mercies known,
From shore to shore!
Lord make the nations see,
That men should brothers be,
And form one family,
The wide world ov'er

From every latent foe,
From the assasins blow,
God save the Queen!
O'er her thine arm extend,
For Britain's sake defend,
Our mother, prince, and friend,
God save the Queen!

Thy choicest gifts in store,
On her be pleased to pour,
Long may she reign!
May she defend our laws,
And ever give us cause,
To sing with heart and voice,
God save the Queen!

Breaking News: the Star Spangled Banner is used during the morning colors far more often than its not. Both in CONUS and OCONUS. Nobody went out of their way to upset anybody.

Unless I missed somebody posting proof that this actually did happen during prayer time, anyway

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I actually like the sound of church bells in the distance, and train whistles , boats in a harbor, calls to prayer, and cantors singing, and ATS members

caterwauling

Over an issue from 2012.

carry on

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: th3dudeabides

this is just plain rude

BTW it was on a FOB, not like down town in front of a Mosques, so there really wasn't anyone but ISAF to hear it anyways.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Question for our brave soldiers who have served our country, are our bases in foreign countries considered U.S soil?

Thank you for your service.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Question for our brave soldiers who have served our country, are our bases in foreign countries considered U.S soil?

Thank you for your service.

That's not a simple answer. Depends on status of forces agreements, owned versus leased, and a bunch of other crap. A FOB in the middle of nowhere may very well be referred to as "our piece of America" or something but in a legal sense, it most likely isn't.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Gosh the brainwashed are rampant

You don't have to "respect" anything, this is a modern INTERNAL American philosophy designed solely to avoid internal strife in our Multicultural nation, mostly so that large corporations can more effectively employ people without being "sales" targeted by any singular group. REALITY says that some societies prosper while others fails and the individual cultures come down to the practices and behaviors by which you raise your children and things you do and do not allow as part of your culture which MANDATES standing up to terrible practices by other cultures that do or even potentially Could infect your own.

Stand for something or you'll fall for anything

Bravisimo Soldier

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

You just have to go back 20 year's to find those.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero I think people need to
understand just how awful "prayer time" really is over there.

Freedom of speech and prayer is what needs to be protected, not bullied
and ganged up on. Why were you over there if not to protect these cultural rights ?

julius popper/christopher columbus/ vad the impaler come to mind.,
. . . just another pith-hatter with a attitude problem.

. . . . . .

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

The killing needs to stop, on ALL sides.

Maybe provoking people so they want to kill us isn't the great idea it seemed to be...

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

the only comment i can make that doesnt violate the T&Cof ATS is :

guitar lessons needed

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join