It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Bailed Child Rapist On The Run

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Benjamin Griffiths, who was on trial for raping a 9 year old girl, has gone on the run after being given bail even though he was on trial for this serious crime of which he has just been found guilty and sentenced to 10 years.

www.mirror.co.uk
AN EVIL paedophile who raped and assaulted a girl of nine has escaped justice and is on the run - because he was given bail.

Benjamin Griffiths was sentenced to 10 years but the judge also had to issue a warrant for his arrest at Chester crown court when he failed to show up on the last day of the trial.

The ex-teacher, of Aberystwyth, was placed on the sex offenders' register for life and ordered never to come into contact with children again.
But Plaid Cymru MP for Ceredigion, Simon Thomas, said: "The question is how someone accused of such a serious crime was on bail."

And NSPCC acting head of policy Vince Muspratt said: "It is very surprising that bail was granted for such a serious offence."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It's very surprising he was given bail whilst being on this charge, and his decision to flee just before sentencing certainly spells out his guilt.

Should he have been given bail?

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
A resounding NO. He should not have been given bail. I feel his sentence of 10 years is pitiful as well.

Prison should be for rehabilitation in most cases. But sometimes, like this, it should be punishment.

He should be sent to Strangeways and given an amorous cellmate...

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Hopefully the girls parents will try and find the Monster before the police do as he the laws in our country these days see peadophiles like this guy usually serving only a third of the sentace anyway. If it was my daughter, my fists would be the last thing the guy ever sees. People like this make me

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Personally I think that the most vile act a human being can committ is one against a child. I know I'm going overboard here, but frankly I think this animalshould be hunted down, and shot where he stands like the lowly coward that he is. I also feel that a full blown investigation should be launched against the judge that allowed bail in the first place.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'd have to agree with the views so far. Correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought bail was on the condition that the Judge believe the accused will not commit more crimes or that they are unlikely to flee.

On both counts he seems to fail to me. Child abusers have a deep sickness and cannot help themselves, so I don't see how a Judge could ever be certain of them not repeating their crimes. Quite disturbing really, and if anyone were facing 10 years I think most would make the decision to run, so again another bad decision from the Judge.

I makes the head spin.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I can't believe a judge in his or her right mind would let such a dangerous person like this out on bail! Did the judge think he was going to stay at his mothers house sipping on milk and cookies while he was waiting to be sentenced?? Notice that I did not refer to this sick puppy as a man. I think if I were the parents of this young girl, I would bring suit against the judge because of his lack of sane judgement in this particular case. I in ways would have to agree w /Superdude only the last thing he would ever see or hear would be a large calibier bullet penetrating his skull and procedeing through the rest of his deminated mind. My prayers are with the little girl and the family of this bizzare clear and cruel misrepresentation of justice. Heaven forbid he hurts another child.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   

John Nada said:
Child abusers have a deep sickness and cannot help themselves,

I don't buy this line. Even if supposedly proven by a multitude of studies. Child molesters are cruel beasts that have an urge (or urges) like drug addicts and alcoholics. They could NOT follow their base instincts and cruel desires but instead either choose to abuse children or intentionally fail to stifle the urge(s) to do so.

Like any type of abuser, lack of self control or even a pursuit of oppression drives these people, it is not a 'sickness' it is a choice.

A pattern of traits and behaviours which signify infatuation and obsession with one's self to the exclusion of all others and the egotistic and ruthless pursuit of one's gratification, dominance and ambition.

To term these animals as 'sick' provides them with a potential escape mechanism. They are not 'ill' as much as they are predators. As with any predator they could not hunt but have chosen to seek their prey instead.

These people are more akin to a feral dog than to a rabid dog. They have chosen to pursue their degenerate desires and should be treated as any feral creature that comes in contact with humans.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
In response to your whole post Joe, I never said they never had a choice, and I CERTAINLY never said it was an excuse for them.

As for me saying sick...well...If someone chops off someone's head I call them a sick bastard, if someone eats someone alive I call them a sick bastard, if someone abuses small children I call them a sick bastard...why? You're not exactly 'well' in the head if you do sick s@#t like that are you?

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
picture

[edit on 14-12-2004 by IntelRetard]

new topics

top topics

join