It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim man saves Jews in paris

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Brotherman
a reply to: intrepid

If it wasn't a piece of propaganda meant to sway opinions on the radical Islam epidemic why did the author leave out the religion and creed of the people responsible for executing 4 of the 19 hostages?

Because it would be redundant. But thanks for pointing out that Muslims should only get bad press....from some.

I never said that, I am not even generalizing over the whole of the issue just this article, is it so horrible to give a good person credit while being honest about the bad people denouncing them? Good on the brave man that did that for them people, it reflects great credit upon himself not Islam. They point out he was of Islamic Faith yet leave that information out whilst speaking of the criminals responsible for this heinous crime. Did he save them people because of his Islamic Faith, you know what maybe he did because he truly believes he is his brothers keeper and all that and that is awesome. Did the criminals commit this crime because of their Islamic Faith well you know what they may have. Either way it reads to me like you are trying to point me out as some kind of racist or Islamaphobe I don't think that I am racist because I think this article could have been more honest. I percieve this as an unbalanced article and I stated why. I understand what you are saying to me I am saying that it doesn't change my mind on how I view this article.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

TDLR- The terrorists acted because of Islam. The courageous Muslim didn't. You don't see a problem with that?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Of course I see a problem with that, that being that a good person of faith does good things were as bad people use faith as an excuse to murder people. It is truly effed up.

Here is an article on the same story I find is more balanced at least for my liking I think it is more informative and less sensational if you are interested in checking it out.

The young man is being lauded as a hero on social media, and held up as a reminder of how wrong it is to demonize all Muslims in the wake of the attacks. You can watch his interview with BFMTV in French above.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Parisian helps fellow Parisians , the fact he's a Muslim has nothing to do with it.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Agreed, I just don't like when they put a label on one without other, I agree with your view point and that would have been a spectacular way of referring to this young hero. Maybe I am getting to cynical but everytime I read reports like this I almost always feel its a persuasion piece and not just reporting the news.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Parisian helps fellow Parisians , the fact he's a Muslim has nothing to do with it.

Does it have anything to do with the shooters?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Emeraldous

originally posted by: Spader
a reply to: sg1642
Doesn't matter if he was a Klingon. He HELPED save lives. I don't think he went in the cooler with them. If he did who cares? He still helped.

It gave me an image of an attic and the rest of that chestnut, so ya alien.

Anne Frank. Seriously? He was someone who cared. That's all. I don't think he had her diary in her back pocket.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Of course it does , they were the catalyst for his act of Humanity , but the story could just as easily be reported as black man helps white people escape from black shooter.

edit on 10-1-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642
link here

Speaks for itself really

god bless him, thanks op

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

And the fact it was a kosher supermarket is a bit of a giveaway they might be Jewish.

Uh, the community Muslims used that store also. Like Jews, they eat kosher.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Of course it does , they were the catalyst for his act of Humanity...

I can only extrapolate from that is that Islam influences people to do bad things. It doesn't influence people to do good.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I can only extrapolate from that is that Islam influences people to do bad things. It doesn't influence people to do good.

And you would be wrong , I'm saying he acted as a Human being and his belief or lack of belief has nothing to do with it.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Emeraldous

a reply to: sg1642
Doesn't matter if he was a Klingon. He HELPED save lives. I don't think he went in the cooler with them. If he did who cares? He still helped.

It gave me an image of an attic and the rest of that chestnut, so ya alien.

Anne Frank. Seriously? He was someone who cared. That's all. I don't think he had her diary in her back pocket.
No offense I'm just sharing what image was conjured.
con·jure
verb
past tense: conjured; past participle: conjured
make (something) appear unexpectedly or seemingly from nowhere as if by magic.
"Anne conjured up a most delicious homemade stew"
edit on 10-1-2015 by Emeraldous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Oh please. Muslims are slammed daily, even moderates. If they are going to take the flack, give them the credit when producing actions that could get themselves killed in the process.

That reminds me, one of the police officers who was murdered by these terrorists was also Muslim.

Paris shootings: Ahmed Merabet's killers 'pretend Muslims' says brother

Speaking during a news conference his brother Malek urged people not to avenge his death with further violence and reiterated that Islam was not about "terrorism or madness".

He added: "My brother was Muslim and he was killed by people who pretend to be Muslims. They are terrorists, that's it".

I hope some folks learn from this incident.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes

Mods could you move to breaking alternative news for me?

dude seriously? Your initial submission does not even meet the criteria required for an opening post to breaking alternative news. Frankly it barely makes the cut for a regular topic. Now you want someone else to do the work for you?? Thats just rich.

In any case, the source clearly put that headline to sensationalize and grab attention. Sure it turn out that some of that claim can be considered accurate. But the reality is a Man of principle took a risk and helped 'others' in need during a violent event by terrorists. Nobodys race or religion or ethnic background played any role in this whatsoever. It is only being ran like that in the headline because "Man saves other during crisis" is not going to turn as many heads as "Heroic Muslim man saved Jewish hostages during Paris siege by hiding them in freezer" .

in fact I may even go as far as imply that even that headline instigates Islamaphobia subconsciously by creating the following thought process:
"oh so there is A Muslim in this world that is not all about killing Jews" . That process happens subconsciously without most people knowing it themselves. But it continues to support a false logic in the collective subconscious that overall Muslims hate Jews (clearly false by anyone living in the real world and not in media VR) by emphasizing a sensationalist headline about an isolated incident in which the opposite was true.
the only reason I asked for a thread move was because I wasn't sure if this was the correct forum. No need for the hostile attitude. I also didn't put that headline to grab attention I was stating what the article said.
edit on 4951642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

And the fact it was a kosher supermarket is a bit of a giveaway they might be Jewish.

yes I was just pointing out it was fairly obvious there would be Jewish customers in there. To everyone who has posted I've maybe used less tact than I should have. Religion shouldn't be anything to do with this really. The fact is he has performed a brave act and saved lives. I was just sharing the article.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Oh please. Muslims are slammed daily, even moderates. If they are going to take the flack, give them the credit when producing actions that could get themselves killed in the process.

Ok the man did what he should have done being Muslim or not... yea great! Pat on the back, everyone is a winner, even the Muslims speech...

Feel better?

edit on 10-1-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Lol this is true. I'm working with 20 Pakistani here in America...where do you all think they get their kosher meat from...

BTW are we cheering that a man did the right thing, or that a Muslim may have actually help some Jews and not hold them down for the bad guy. I have issues with that second part since it means that there is a reason we need to demonstrate something that should be a no brainer...

edit on 10-1-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

What is the big fuss about?

The Quran makes it clear

Quran 2:62 However, those who have become believers (the Muslims), and the Jews, the Christians and the Sabaeans who believe in God and the Day of Judgment and strive righteously will receive their reward from the Lord and will have nothing to fear nor will they be grieved.

So as you can see. Terrorists do not read the Quran.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: sublim33

What is the big fuss about?

If you have read the thread it becomes clear that it is Islam that influences terrorism. BUT saying that Islam had nothing to do with the character of this man that did the right thing.

The Quran makes it clear

Quran 2:62 However, those who have become believers (the Muslims), and the Jews, the Christians and the Sabaeans who believe in God and the Day of Judgment and strive righteously will receive their reward from the Lord and will have nothing to fear nor will they be grieved.

So as you can see. Terrorists do not read the Quran.

Exactly. But that is not what is being portrayed in this thread. The opposite in fact.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join