It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Tuba Man" killer kills again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This is about a murder case from Seattle that involves 3 juveniles stomping a man to death back in 2008, they received slaps on the wrist and have since all reoffended. 2 have even secured themselves cells in prison. 1 just plead guilty to murder. So why are we so insistent that violent teenagers be given such lenient sentences?
These 3 "teens" beat a beloved local fixture to death, their punishment was hardly severe.

Because all three killers were 15 when they beat McMichael, all were released after no more than 36 weeks in juvenile detention. Their sentences included credit for roughly 24 weeks they'd already spent in custody before the manslaughter sentencing

Kelly and another of McMichael's three killers, Billy Chambers, both have been convicted of new felonies since inflicting the brain injury that led to the death of "Tuba Man" on Nov. 3, 2008

Kelly's first felony after killing Edward McMichael was in 2010, when he was convicted of second-degree robbery. Seattle Municipal Court records show Kelly also has a pending case for obstructing a police officer from a 2011 incident. That was filed March 2.

The other killer who is a repeat felon, Billy Chambers, is now at Stafford Creek prison following convictions for second-degree assault and hit-and-run with a Crown Victoria. Police also described him as an active gang member in 2010.

www.komonews.com...

These men were so bold that they even bragged to police about the "Tuba Man" murder case.

Urquhart said when officers arrived, "[Chambers] bragged how his lawyer got him off with only three months after stomping 'Tuba Man' to death. He went on to say that his lawyer would get him off of these charges as well."

mynorthwest.com...

Which leads us to the present, the recent murder conviction or should I say plea deal. Even after his prior murder he was still able to cop a plea to second degree murder.

SEATTLE -- One of the three men responsible for the beating death of Seattle icon "Tuba Man" Ed McMichael pled guilty Wednesday to a 2012 murder in Bellevue.

Ja'mari Alexander Jones, 21, pled guilty to second degree murder for the shooting death of 30-year-old Deshawn Milliken inside a popular Bellevue bar.

www.komonews.com...

As an aside note it seems worth it to add that the "tuba man" was white, his killers are all black. So apparently some young black men do get treated well by the justice system.
edit on 10-1-2015 by hammanderr because: quote

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
1. Our system is all jacked up.

2. Everyone on ATS would be up in arms if a police officer did us all a service and shot one of these animals dead.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Puting kids in jail is wrong, having kids kill people with no remorse is so wrong, what kind of world have we built to have that kind of behavior happening, we are a sick people just wow.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Puting kids in jail is wrong, having kids kill people with no remorse is so wrong, what kind of world have we built to have that kind of behavior happening, we are a sick people just wow.

15 year olds that stomp a man to death aren't "kids". They're murderers. And that's proven by their behavior since then.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Well the moment I read about the light sentences, I assumed they were light skinned kids. Then I saw they were dark skin kids and was shocked the system did not do what it usually does and railroad them like it does every other dark skin individual (regardless of national origin or ethnicity). Then I realized it was Washington state, and said to myself "Nuff said" . Now I am only surprised they did not get a fully paid college education and job placement prioritization and identify them as the victims, victims or society of course and their environments yadayadayada. The West coast states have some serious issues when it comes to their justice area. These kids would have been serving life sentences for that crime here in Florida.

Heck, maybe even a death sentence knowing our courts.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

Did you have a point.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718
1. Our system is all jacked up.

2. Everyone on ATS would be up in arms if a police officer did us all a service and shot one of these animals dead.

Wrong.

Vigilantism being ok by cops while not by citizens would be the issue.

Cops are not judges nor are they a jury of our peers. Execution by cop is the issue many are angry about...not justice.

Peace

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

15 year olds that stomp a man to death aren't "kids". They're murderers. And that's proven by their behavior since then.

Stomping on someone like they're a piece of trash makes my blood boil! Give me a break, teenagers know the difference between right and wrong. If they don't know that killing another human being is the worst thing anyone can do by the time their thirteen, shame on their parents. It doesn't take a genius, let alone a teenager to understand when they kill someone, they will end up living in a 6 by 9 jail cell for the rest of their life! Treatment shouldn't be any different.

Kids today are much more street smart than earlier generations. Today, they lack consequences for poor behavior and it's causing more teens to believe they can get away with it. Today we treat teens with kid gloves and any kind of physical discipline by a parent is considered child abuse.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
hey blame the state, not the entire justice system. Like I said these fools would likely be on death row here in Florida from that first murder.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr

As an aside note it seems worth it to add that the "tuba man" was white, his killers are all black. So apparently some young black men do get treated well by the justice system.

3 white teens stomped a black man to death and it wasn't on EVERY major news network for 6weeks straight?!?!?

Oh wait, it was 3 black teens stomping a white man to death...... No hate crime here....move along, move along

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Oh well, embedding videos takes skill, here is a video of tuba man. His murder was truly savage and thoughtless, as is obvious in this video he was a threat to no one. Read the comments under the video to get an idea of what people from the area thought.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 11-1-2015 by hammanderr because: video

new topics

top topics

join