It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The person you are calling is temporarly unavailable

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:51 AM
a reply to: Develo

Not to be rude, but you have no idea what you're talking about. My experiences are more than just beliefs, i've been there i did it, i thought it, it is my reality. So far there is not much meaning to it, but the fact it altered my perception of the world in a very earthquake like fashion.
Or maybe i understand you wrong, it just feels very condescending, to say you're perception holds more truth than mine. What beliefs would you say control me? The fact that i say i touched something out of my personal limitations? My "little experiences" are my life. So i get a bit bitchy if you call it little and tell me i have to get rid off it...

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:13 AM

originally posted by: Peeple
So far there is not much meaning to it, but the fact it altered my perception of the world in a very earthquake like fashion.

I know exactly what you talk about since I experienced the same.

I'm not saying you have to get rid of it.
I'm not saying it's "just" beliefs.

What I'm saying is that what happened to you is known in some "underground" circles, and even studied, theorized and finally made into a conscious and controlled practice.

Your experiences don't mean much yet because you mostly "let them be", meaning you let your subconscious take the reins. And the subconscious usually thinks of weird things...

But this can be turned into an almost conscious and controlled experience with enough practice. It's just important to understand where this perception comes from. As you said, my perception isn't more valid than yours, and the opposite is true too. But in both cases they are influenced by our inner world.

It's crucial to understand the huge role of that inner world on our perception, but also on our lives and the events occurring around us. And our inner world is mostly shaped by our history (which we can't change) and our beliefs and desires (which we can change).

By controlling your beliefs, you can control your inner world, and thus your perceptions and experiences.

In your inner world you have no limits and are all powerful. If your perception shows you something that frightens you, it's only because you believe that thing has power over you.

Nothing has power over you if. You only let this be if you believe it.

The vast majority of people on ATS let their beliefs control them. Most are afraid of something (TPBT, Masons, Mossad, Chemtrails, Aliens, Asteroids, Financial collapse, etc...). Almost none of them realize how they let this shape their world and control their life.

You, having a glimpse into how our reality can react in strange ways when we change our inner world, has been given the opportunity to understand the whole potential of this revelation.

It's only up to you to decide to seize that power and use it how you want. There are no limits, but there are consequences.
edit on 2-2-2015 by Develo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:47 AM

OKay now I actually feel obliged to thank you. Let's go back to the reason for this argumentation: our mythological development screams steered, i say outer force, you say inner force. I'll tell you what happened after i read your post and please bear with me, because i will tell you in detail the boring # i did and what i thought while doing it, i'll point out what i found to be synchronicity and what seems "planted" and what the contribution of my conscience, or "tying it all together" mind is. Awesome, English is such a fanatstic language every second word i'm amazed how beautiful it is. con-science. Connecting the facts... Anyhoo:
i had some pot went washing the dishes and tried to reconsider my beliefs, what i found was this: The big world religions, and that's the outside part, of my insights: Jews, Catholics(and lutherans all the more reasonable not legitimate kids of it. i'm just seriously pissed at what i found here on ATS, calling themselves "christians" so i won't use it), Muslims and Eastern-philosohical traditions are all full-filling an obvious purpose.
The first ones the Jews, got all the tools to build working societies, the first laws, invented trading and so on...
The Jesus-followers, were the first ones to build schools, hospitals, orphanages and spread the so far gained knowledge, and here comes synchronicity: our current pope is jesuit. Ah Papa Francesco, i love that guy...
Muslims, were born in war, still they had a strong start, they are meant to be the religion of science and in the beginning they did, the first anatomy studies and all that was done in the first universities and research facilities under Salddin(? i'm not sure and too lazy to check here:Al-Azhar), our numbers and all that would be much more complicated, if not impossible if we wouldn't use arabic symbols...
The Eastern phylosophical traditions, are all over the place, this hit me:
they are Phils'osophie(planted). Get it? While the Jews got the ten as central number in their Kaballah, the I-Ching knows it is all about the eight. While others were still playing in the muddy dirt of pre-renessaince (pre-aufklärung), they already had a lot of stuff figured out. It is the missing link in our spiritual development, so to speak, what we need to prosecute pathalogical studies on our current world societies...
Now what did my conscience have to do with it? It picks and chooses, or remembers things and forgets others. How exactly can this be limited to my perception? Did i write modern family? Invented the religions? Put them in their seats for the wild ride, i say we are getting prepared for?

True story but just a tiny example...
edit on -06:00America/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagopMondayAmerica/Chicago by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:07 AM

Now what did my conscience have to do with it? It picks and chooses, or remembers things and forgets others. How exactly can this be limited to my perception?

Well if you really want to know:

I'm not asking you to believe me on this. I'm asking you to trust me. I have been through this many times and since long. In my heart, I have nothing but the will for you to be happy and in control.

The synchronicities you mention, they are common and also understood. But also, they are shaped by your beliefs too.

You call them significant, and for you they certainly are, but for me they aren't actually. They are significant because they fit a belief you constructed. You think they confirm your beliefs but in fact they don't, they mostly are the result of a confirmation bias.
There are even a few mistakes in your post, like stating the Jews invented societies, laws, trade, when they were much older. I could expand on these mistakes but it's not the point. the point is you see what you believe in.

Again, what shapes the world for you, synchronicities included, are beliefs.

You believe all this is steered, so you see proofs of it.

Easy as pie.

Is it the truth? Is it an illusion?

Does it really matter? When anything you believe in can become true for you, what is the most important? That it's the truth for everyone or that it's a truth empowering you?

It's the second of course. You can chose your beliefs, so prefer those that give you power, and consider the rest as merely background noise that doesn't require too much of your attention and energy.

Again and to be fully clear: I'm not saying you are wrong. I'm saying you are subjectively right, but that since you choose what you can be right about, why not using it to be right about having more power over your life? That's a belief worth investing in.

In my humble opinion of course

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:37 PM

I've mentioned somewhere else before, i'm familiar and comfortable with the radical constructivism theories. Also i mentioned by far am i not free from mistakes, quite the opposite actually, i am a seeker and super happy when someone forces me to think harder and learn more. I am fully aware that it is my decission and i am the one who has to endure the consequences, but i also have a certain urge to see how much further i can push it. I want to find the truth, even if it is entirely useless to everybody else: i need to know more.
How is that not being in charge? I'm incredibly stubborn and to be frank with you, i've invested already far too much to stop. The point of no-return has been past and i have to hold up to the end of my bargain, even if it is just me playing with myself.
I know society is as everything else undergoing an evolutionary process and the Jews didn't wondrously pull them out of their asses. Just by the way. But that's splitting hair a bit, you have to forgive me a certain blurryness- i mostly prefer abstract expressions. Because i am the god of my world and i do whatever i want. If the price i have to pay is people like you thinking they'd have to protect me, or something than all i have left to say is:
Well, try to stop me. Because i won't. And like i said i pay the price, i submit to the rules, i actually actively founded into my beliefs, to protect me. So i don't need you to do that.

I'm not asking you to believe me on this. I'm asking you to trust me. I have been through this many times and since long.

Why would i trust you? What have you been through? Let me guess it is too private to discuss it so publically? Pretty unjust don't you think? Patronising me, when i had the courage to share my experiences...

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:06 PM

hy would i trust you? What have you been through? Let me guess it is too private to discuss it so publically? Pretty unjust don't you think? Patronising me, when i had the courage to share my experiences...

Absolutely not!

I've posted my experiences countless times before, I just don't want to shove them down people's throat if they are not interested. If you want to know more, I can totally share.

I'm no trying to antagonize you, just trying to tell you countless people had similar experiences before and a whole corpus of occult sciences exists that studies this.

If you aren't interested or think you are above all this, I have nothing that can help you.

If you are interested by this science and are willing to learn from others who experienced similar things before you, I can direct you to some works. But I will not share them here in the open if you aren't intetested.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:37 PM

You have 8 posts, with this avatar.

I've posted my experiences countless times before,
Are you sure?

Are they so occult they don't get counted? My interests lie in different areas, like the fantastic arte-documentation "L'Effet Placebo". Interactions between mind and matter, is my thing. You can call it magic, but i'm pretty sure the answer is science. Real science, no voodoo, or anything, which like you said yourself is just a construct built to protect from reality.
"The biggest success in psychology so far was when homosexuality got cancelled from the list of mental diseases. With one coup de main millions were cured", like Paul Watzlawick says, and the implication is: We don't know how our psyche works. So no offense, but take your weird little caped, cone-hat nerds with you, because that is not what i am doing and not what i'm interested in.

Hilarious i just noticed: 8 the upright endless and back to my former statement Eastern-traditions: holistic pathology.
Just because you don't see what my words actually contain, doesn't make the implications go away. I still see them bright as day.
edit on -06:00America/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagopMondayAmerica/Chicago by Peeple because: Always make room for a good in memoriam Douglas Adams joke when you can, my brain says...

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:49 PM
a reply to: Peeple

Your problem is you assume too much.

It's my 4th account on this site, and I roam 4 different forums.

Yes. I'm sure.

Also I don't believe in "magic", I believe in science. I'm an engineer working in particle physics.

I posted about confirmation bias. This is modern psychology.

Yes mind over matter works. Think about it and think about what I meant when I said beliefs control everything.

I'm not going to try harder. If you want to know more, you will ask for it. If you are happy with your life right now, I have no reason to tell you more and I wish you a great evening.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:01 PM

I am sorry, but from one reasonable person to another: you can see how i'm having even more issues trusting you after that?
If you have something to share: intrigue me, maybe i bite.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:40 AM

I am sorry, but from one reasonable person to another: you can see how i'm having even more issues trusting you after that?
If you have something to share: intrigue me, maybe i bite.

Aren't you already intrigued?

Sure, what do you want me to share about? Books on the topic or my experiences?

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:58 AM

Experiences. Maybe you noticed i value experiences more than definitions.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:54 AM

OK. Where to start.

So for more than 15 years now, I've been very interested into philosophies, shamanism, old hermetic texts and mysticism. Probably as a reaction to my education since I'm an engineer first and engineers like to know how things work from the inside.

I mean sure particle physics, chemistry, biology, it all explained a lot of things already, but there were still pieces missing from the puzzle. Hard sciences do not deal with subjective stuffs like meaning, will, consciousness etc and yet these things are also part of the universe. So you have to integrate them in order to get the full picture.

That's exactly what philosophies, mysticism, hermeticism and all these older "sciences" are doing. In classical times, there was no separation between the human and the world, the human, the observer, the consciousness, is the basis of all observation and must thus be accounted.

Modern sciences try very hard to eliminate this "human error" from the picture but the result is we only get a part of the picture. For example when we start to look to the infinitely small, we discover the behavior of particles is never independent from the observer.

Observer and observed are both part of a single reality and in order to understand how each work, you have to take them together.

So that's why I was into all these old and less old texts which have no problem mixing physics and psychology, philosophy and chemistry, etc... After a few years of study, suddenly, one day, while reading one of these books (a famous hermetic text) I had an epiphany. It's like when all the pieces of the puzzle fall perfectly into place and the whole thing emerges.

It was beautiful. It was also very powerful. A simple idea, so simple most of the time we ignore it, and yet that simple idea was illuminating everything.

Suddenly, I could make sense of all the other texts that were previously too obscure, too symbolic for me. I went back to older texts I did not understand before and suddenly they made sense.

That night the foundations of my old world crumbled and I found myself immersed in a new and infinite sea of knowledge. I cried tears of joy and awe.

My mind felt free to explore all these new territories with this new light, this new key that could magically explain virtually everything.

Problem is, my mind wasn't disciplined enough yet. I was thirsty for knowledge and I found the key to it, but I wasn't aware it could be intoxicating if you abuse it.

For days, my mind wouldn't stop thinking, thinking and thinking about all these new possibilities. I couldn't sleep at all for days, despite taking sleep aids or hammering myself with pot or booze. Actually, these substances would even make me even higher than before, but they wouldn't make me sleep.

Then the strangeness started.

I always loved to look for synchronicities around me because they are fun. But these days, synchs would be looking for me. I started to see them all the times, literally 5 times or more per hour. It was getting out of control.

It was starting to be too much for my mind. I was begging for rest, for things to get back to normal for some time, but they wouldn't.

I bit the forbidden fruit of knowledge so I had to die. And I did, symbolically (but that's another story).

The more time passed without sleep, the stranger things became, but I was watching this all with an almost detached look. I quickly realized the things I was hearing and seeing, it was only for me, not a shared experience.

At first it was all out of control, visions imposed to me from my subconscious, fears and obsessions incarnated. It was scary but I suffered it.

Then I started to play with it. I realized I could change the atmosphere by changing my state of mind, I could make things I was thinking about happen before me. Sometimes I felt like I was being followed and watched by people, always dressed in black, like they were stalking me. But I also realized I just needed to laugh at them to dispel it all and to make them become normal people again.

Basically, for 3 weeks non stop, I experienced synchs, visions, psychic experiences, prescience, all these "crazy" stuff.

During all this time I studied it like an engineer, emotionally detached, learning to actually control them.

Then I got better and found rest again. As my mood was getting more peaceful I started to experience more "heavenly" stuff like feeling angelic presences instead of demonic ones, seeing more vibrant colors, hearing more melodious sounds.

Since then, I tried to understand this experience and I started to make sense of it. I browsed many boards, exchanging with people, realizing my experience was unique but also similar to many others, that I wasn't alone. Then I started to find many different books on the topic, all giving this experience different labels (spiritual crisis, mystical experience, schizophrenia, gnosis) but all describing the same symptoms and the same reality.

And here I am today. One day I found a key to the otherworld. There I was met by death at the bottom of the abyss, and I had to rebuild myself from the shattered pieces. Today I'm back. I still have this key and if I need it, I know how to use it.
edit on 3-2-2015 by Develo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:18 AM

Well i agree. I don't know about the angel and demon stuff, but in general you are only supporting my notion: i'm on the right track. And as a reasurance, how fine i actually am: never needed medication, for anything. I sleep normal, no unusual emotional turmoil. But also no detachment, quite the oposite actually a deep and growing connection with everything.
And to give you a better impression of where i'm coming from: my current favorite idea is "quantum waves". Everything "spiritual" is a cumulation of tiny thoughts and as observer you only see a tiny part of the "real deal". Never underestimate the power of the written word. It is basically a manifested thought, or the result of all the little vibrating quanta in and around me resulting in frequencies, altering reality. Nothing new really, but never the less interesting and all i am trying to do is finding a better and more modern approach. You got sucked in and teared down, because you confused what you were doing with ancient fairy tales of magic and stuff. Doesn't work for me, i'm sorry. While i valid your experience, it is not mine and i more or less take it as cautionary tale, not to get sucked in into that deluded theory of "the one right answer". There is no such thing. The truth is always the intersection of experience and interpretation and therefor flawed per definition. "My heart of gold is the uncertainty drive..." Sorry but i always have to make a joke.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:39 AM

For the record, I'm not believing in angels, demons, nor in ancient fairy tales. I was just using common symbolic terms that speak to many. When I say I got teared down it's a poetic way of saying staying up for 3 weeks with racing thoughts makes you go cray-cray

Like I explained, I think each experience is shaped by beliefs. I never talked about a single truth actually. Only about an idea that helped me make more sense of otherwise hermetic texts.

I'm just informing you that there's a ton of existing literature on the subject if you are interested (looks like not and that you are more on a personal quest), and that like it or not, your experiences WILL be shaped by what you believe in, as per the mechanism of confirmation bias I posted earlier.
edit on 3-2-2015 by Develo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:35 AM

your experiences WILL be shaped by what you believe in, as per the mechanism of confirmation bias
goes for the both of us and everyone else...
Sorry, if you feel i'm not opening up enough for what you try to share, but it is already hard work to keep my feet on the ground I am pretty boundless, unbound and without a wish to follow someone elses rules. I lead. But you may follow

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:35 AM

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:32 AM

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:52 AM

edit on 5-2-2015 by Develo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:41 AM

hahaha Gnarls Barkley? wtf I am obviously too fringe.

Can you tolerate loud, noisy pop rock? I dare you.

edit on 2015-02-07T05:44:15-06:002015Sat, 07 Feb 2015 05:44:15 -060015am44Sat, 07 Feb 2015 05:44:15 -060000 by corsair00 because: wrong song

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:51 AM
a reply to: corsair00

Never heard of Frank Black before, just listened and my brain was confused. It shouldn't work, right? Totally no harmony or something ::: its squeeking... But somehow it works, dude ::: it totally works...

new topics

<< 1    3 >>