It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Much of your Freedom Have You Given up for Convenience

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

That's correct.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

You DO realize your situation PROMOTES the use of this data-collection. Its an upside to catch Mr or Mrs Criminal and their ilk!! I have some 2 yrs of googlemaps plotting my every move,every store,bar, highway and town and city is stored on the servers. The PRISM priests of High Surveilance pass it all on to the No Secrets Authority where all my doings are stored forever.

Its all GOOD and right on brother! Keeps all of us correct and Upstanding Netizens. Hell yeah!!

Should the day arrive when our masters stray from the path of kindly looking after our sorry asses we'll be in BIG trouble. Like it aint bad enough Facebook can f**k a guy's employment prospects. The day could come when historical ANTi-authority activities will fasttrack people all the way to a concrete room.

Godwin law can kiss my ass and all that. All that data is a loaded gun that could fall into the WRONG hands.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies
I guess this all started with the Patriot Act where the government collected all your financial data but found out that they (the Government) can not get all the information on people that like to pay cash so they went to bed with the tech groups such as Apple, to help in collecting data on everyone, because the government knew that even the bad guys like their gadgets.

Sort of reminds me of when J. Edgar Hoover who had a file on everyone, maybe this is what they want, records of everything we are doing.

Good luck with me, about the only site I belong to is this one, don't have a cell phone, don't use credit cards (but do have one) pay cash for everything, who am I kidding, I have a drives license, been in the military so they have my prints and DNA on file, pay taxes, file tax return, ect. but they don't know were I stash my loot.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

I'm just not that interesting or financially viable enough to take a second look at.

We are on a conspiracy website, for starters.

I was profiled when homeless once by a cop. He asked a lot of unusual questions. Among them, if I was employed, owned a home, an apartment, wife and kids, had family in the bay area, what their names, addresses were, whether they owned homes.

After pondering that for a good many lifetimes, I became convinced he wanted to know if I was vulnerable to being set up. Simply asking me if there was an emergency number they could call in case of death would have been sufficient, imo.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join