It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A request for ATS to put back and show the time-honored slogan 'Deny Ignorance'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
a reply to: Springer

Cool, a beautiful summary of the slogan. If I've read it before it was long ago. Would you consider linking that to the top of ATS's pages, via using the slogan there again? If so, what do you think about the idea of a contest to put the words into a design? And if you don't have the room to include it again, how about an informal design contest? Thanks.

I agree with this idea. Thing is,it became out of sight ,out of mind... I honestly thought it had fallen by the wayside. The summary says so much more than the two words and to hyperlink one to the other would be a great idea and may help to remind members why we are here.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: Aleister

Thought I'd throw in a design myself since it's really quiet in the design thread..

I didn't know how else to visualise the slogan..

Peace

PS can't let the opportunity pass to spam my favorite thread on ATS

BTS: Avatar creation thread

You want an avatar, banner or anything else created like this just drop by and post your request, talented people are waiting for your order!!

That's some fancy footwork OM
Very nice work

TBH I never noticed the deny ignorance was missing, it's so ingrained after 10 years here I just kinda assume we all know it. Deny ignorance has become an integral part of my day to day speech, and more to the point my thinking.

@Aleister

I whole heartedly support this

Those two words have changed my very being, made me a better person and helped me face adversity where once I would have hidden.

Deny Ignorance..................Hell yeah

Cody

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

a reply to: glen200376

As far as I know it's not dropped, it was just removed when all the changes were made. But your post, and the one before, shows why it should be put back - it's ATS's slogan, and one people used to live by here.

People use it often to back their own beliefs to feel superior, to call someone else stupid without using the word. Many would say looking for mars anomalies is "ignorant" for instance.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

I say not looking for Mars anomalies is very ignorant! We are at a unique point in the history of exploration where machines are rolling around on Mars, and from what some people have found which gives indications that maybe fossils from the past can be seen in rocks, what's not to be excited about (and for those who don't know, Char-Lee was one of the stars of the anomalies thread in 2014, so bantering among fellow Marsammals).

++++++++++______________+++++++++

Great designs. The American flag 'Deny Ignorance' one should be hung up in the every Washington D.C. office in order to inspire government officials to actually do so.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I say not looking for Mars anomalies is very ignorant!

We certainly agree there! I wonder if there would be a way to uniformly interpret what deny Ignorance means...

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I wonder if there would be a way to uniformly interpret what deny Ignorance means...

Definition and context.

deny : to refuse to give (something) to someone : to prevent someone from having or receiving (something)

ignorance : a lack of knowledge, understanding, or education

There's also intent - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Just so it's known, I did vote for "Crush ignorance with a sledgehammer until it stops twitching" but then got told to log off and take my meds.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The current side ads are far more offensive than 'deny ignorance' and are rather gross and more of a cringe factor than 'deny ignorance'.

That said. whilst 'deny ignorance' was slightly cringey, it was a valid message that I have quoted a few times on ATS from necessity and it has to be said there are moments where it was needed like a watermark on each comment on every page.

Perhaps something more poignant is needed to remind people the importance of 'deny ignorance'.

A calm version after a crazy few days of world news.

edit on 10-1-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

The current side ads are far more offensive than 'deny ignorance' and are rather gross and more of a cringe factor than 'deny ignorance'.

With Firefox you can hold the control key and tap the + key on the numeric keypad a few times to remove the Buffalo wings.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Thanks.

I think that function is generic, it works on Chrome also and if it didn't make the text something like font size 150, I would do that.

I have tried.

edit on 10-1-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

I wonder if there would be a way to uniformly interpret what deny Ignorance means...

Definition and context.

deny : to refuse to give (something) to someone : to prevent someone from having or receiving (something)

ignorance : a lack of knowledge, understanding, or education

There's also intent - www.abovetopsecret.com...

People continue to use it in other ways on ATS.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

So what?

You asked a question, I answered it. You're welcome.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Here ya go - D.I.Y.

( Deny Ignorance Yourself )

edit on 11-1-2015 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

a reply to: Springer
what do you think about the idea of a contest to put the words into a design? And if you don't have the room to include it again, how about an informal design contest? Thanks.

Contest is up and running...

2015 Ignorance Denied Banner [and Avatar] Contest

Peace

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

With Firefox you can hold the control key and tap the + key on the numeric keypad a few times to remove the Buffalo wings.

deny the Buffalo wings!!!!..begone daemons!!

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Thanks. Ask a stupid question, get a great contest. Probably some pretty creative work will find its way to that thread.

(post by cloaked4u removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: cloaked4u

What kind of nonsense is your post? That's not my opening post, someone (where did you copy it from?) has grossly edited it. This is one time, and I've only done this maybe once, I'm going to report a post to the admins.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

I was wondering about that troll post aswell...chose to ignore it.

Peace

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

I choose to report it, and hopefully staff will ask the poster for an explanation. I've never reported a post pertaining to me before, and only have reported one other post since I've been here (it was giving private information about how to find a home of another poster). This one is made up, slanderous, and way out of the bounds of decency on this site. Thanks for your quick comment, I have no idea what happened here and asked staff to investigate.

Here is my real OP:

Just because I miss it. It seems ATS's official slogan would fit well right after the red "Youtube" button on the top left of the page, in-between that and the social media and u2u bar on the top right.

The slogan, of course, is as known to people who were around awhile ago as the name ATS itself, but lots of the new editors may not be as aware of it.

Maybe have a contest for a stylistic looking 'Deny Ignorance' slogan? Just ideas (but I'd love to see the avatar design people work on a very good looking 'Deny Ignorance' slogan, that'd be cool and those folks are way too creative to be human!)

edit on 12-1-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join