It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rewriting history: Ukrainian PM Yatsenyuk says USSR invaded Germany during WWII

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
a reply to: Phatdamage
The USSR did invade Germany.

They occupied a large part of it and turned into the German "Democratic" Republic. The collapse of the USSR resulted in Germany being re-joined as a single nation.

The OP needs to go and read a history book rather than relying on RT.com, the Russian authorities propagandist mouthpiece.

Regards

The OP needs to go and read a history book rather than relying on RT.com, the Russian authorities propagandist mouthpiece.

I think some on ATS here need to stop being mouthpiece defenders for a fascist. If you want to defend him there are the Ukrankian forums for that unless u get tired of seeing WW2 fascist heroes.

the Russian authorities propagandist mouthpiece.
Oh and the Westren News Media is fair and balanced how again?
edit on 14-1-2015 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TryAndStopTheFuture555
a reply to: Phatdamage

lol

the puppet government of Kiev speaks

I am sure he calls US ambassador to Ukraine by "your lordship"

Some here love the Government of Kiev and has done no wrong. Therefore it is there voice as was the Syrian Rebels.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

Oh and the Westren News Media is fair and balanced how again?

It must be as you have used it as a source for several of your threads lately. Or is it that way only when you think it fits your mindset?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: mike dangerously

Yatz The Rat's version of history is pretty much what you would expect from a fascist tool?

And yet that version is known by those who lived it, so all those who lived through it must also be lying...right?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Some here love the Government of Kiev and has done no wrong. Therefore it is there voice as was the Syrian Rebels.

What exactly does Syria have to do with a thread discussing Russia and WWII?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

And yet what I say is completely factual. Undisputable fact.

Not sure where fascism comes into this, but that's your slant to paint the Ukrainians as fascists, something that flies in the face of the evidence. Ukraine is not a fascist state.

Ah, yes. RT.com is a Russian propagandist mouthpiece. Happy for you to start another thread with the evidence of impartiality from RT.com with regards to he reporting of Ukrainian affairs. That'll be a laugh.

Regards

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Okay now can someone show where this man is rewriting history as that is the premise of this thread?

Russia did invade Germany at the last months of the war which has been shown by other members and has been admitted by other members that it happened, so again please show where he has tried to re write history as the title of this thread says...because as of yet that hasn't happened.

Also remember where this is coming from...Russian media, where they defend the Boss at any cost.

Remember now according to RUssia and their media they didn't invade Chechnya,or Georgia and they didn't invade and annex Crimea from Ukraine...so would you expect them to agree they invaded Germany at the end of the war?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Happy for you to start another thread with the evidence of impartiality from RT.com with regards to he reporting of Ukrainian affairs. That'll be a laugh.

That will never happen as it has been shown way too many times that they are only out to protect the homeland with their reporting.

Impartiality isn't in their contracts...which is why we saw many of the reporters leaving them because of their biased reporting in Ukraine...or all out lies they have tried to run as truth.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
More evidence of cannibals in the pro-American elite in Kiev junta banquet dishes: burgers House of Trade Unions and liver of Militias , alcohol - tincture Veteranka cake for dessert - Russian child participated "Russian" human rights activist Elena Vasileva asked to cut tummy
www.youtube.com... in Internet erased eyewitness accounts of cannibalism in the House of Trade Unions but this system, she consumes four million children in the world in year only the absolute level of secrecy

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: mangust69
More evidence of cannibals in the pro-American elite in Kiev junta banquet dishes: burgers House of Trade Unions and liver of Militias , alcohol - tincture Veteranka cake for dessert - Russian child participated "Russian" human rights activist Elena Vasileva asked to cut tummy
www.youtube.com... in Internet erased eyewitness accounts of cannibalism in the House of Trade Unions but this system, she consumes four million children in the world in year only the absolute level of secrecy

You do realize those aren't really babies, don't you?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
Okay now can someone show where this man is rewriting history as that is the premise of this thread?

This man attempted to present Russia's invasion (ok, we can use that term, as long as we use it for the Allies too) as a deplorable act, as something they shouldn't have done.

In a way, his words can be turned against him. Yes, let the Germans remember the Soviet invasion and the liberation of their country from the Nazi regime. The Soviets didn't invade a free and democratic Germany like it is today, they invaded an evil state that needed invading.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

This man attempted to present Russia's invasion (ok, we can use that term, as long as we use it for the Allies too) as a deplorable act, as something they shouldn't have done.

In a way, his words can be turned against him. Yes, let the Germans remember the Soviet invasion and the liberation of their country from the Nazi regime. The Soviets didn't invade a free and democratic Germany like it is today, they invaded an evil state that needed invading.

Yeah, they went from Nazi evil to Stalin evil.

Good trade eh?

There were no choice for the inhabitants of East Germany. They were forced into USSR.
edit on 17-1-2015 by pompel9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: pompel9

Yeah, they went from Nazi evil to Stalin evil.

Good trade eh?

There were no choice for the inhabitants of East Germany. They were forced into USSR.

Forced into USSR? East Germany was never part of the USSR, it was a separate state.

This is all subjective, but if I had to chose between living in a Communist Germany versus a Nazi Germany, I'd chose the former without thinking twice. I grew up in the USSR myself, it asn't as bad as the Westerners try to paint it. In fact, I think the East Germans lived a much better life than the Soviets did, as I remember us kids being jealous of our East Geman guests (who brought lots of cool presents) in a kids' summer camp.

~~~

Once again, Yanukovich made it sound like the Russian invasion and the defeat of Nazis was a bad thing and shouldn't have happened. People in this thread can try to weasle their words as much as they like, but it remains a very awkward and nonsensical attempt to throw dirt in Russia's direction.

Now, if he had said "we all remember how Germany was partitioned by the Allies and Soviets, and the Soviets established a communist rule in their half", that would have been more historically accurate. But he didn't say that. His words were solely concerning the Soviet "invasion" into Germany, anything else is people putting the words into his mouth.
edit on 17-1-2015 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Forced into USSR? East Germany was never part of the USSR, it was a separate state.

This is correct. It was more a vassal state of the Soviet Union. Membership of the Warsaw Pact clearly defined East Germany's allegience. As a communist state, the East German people had no say in any matters.

Certainly, Stalin and the Soviets engineered the creation of East Germany and were ultimately responsible for the outcome, including the murder of people trying to leave East Berlin when the wall came down.

Regards

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Use the subtitle translate from Ytube

edit on 18-1-2015 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

This is correct. It was more a vassal state of the Soviet Union. Membership of the Warsaw Pact clearly defined East Germany's allegience. As a communist state, the East German people had no say in any matters.

Certainly, Stalin and the Soviets engineered the creation of East Germany and were ultimately responsible for the outcome, including the murder of people trying to leave East Berlin when the wall came down.

Regards

Thanks for the history lesson, but I doesn't relate to the topic of this thread. This thread is about Yanukovich using the term "invasion" to condemn the Soviet's part in getting to Berlin and bringing the Nazi rule down.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plugin

Use the subtitle translate from Ytube

Brilliant, thanks for posting those. This is, unfortunately, all too close to what's really happening in the Western media.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

At least it's something I can use when debating in real life about why the west shouldn't be so closed minded about Russia because my experience if I say something in defense of Russia people get very angry at me (it's scary really), it's almost not possible having a normal discussion about this (all thanks to western propaganda??).

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: pompel9

Not exactly. For them to be a separate state, they would have had independence to do what they want to do. The never did that, as they were following the orders from USSR. In reality they were a part of USSR, with a so called government that didn't decide anything. All they did were taking orders from USSR.

Good trade eh?

This is all subjective, but if I had to chose between living in a Communist Germany versus a Nazi Germany, I'd chose the former without thinking twice. I grew up in the USSR myself, it asn't as bad as the Westerners try to paint it. In fact, I think the East Germans lived a much better life than the Soviets did, as I remember us kids being jealous of our East Geman guests (who brought lots of cool presents) in a kids' summer camp.

~~~

Once again, Yanukovich made it sound like the Russian invasion and the defeat of Nazis was a bad thing and shouldn't have happened. People in this thread can try to weasle their words as much as they like, but it remains a very awkward and nonsensical attempt to throw dirt in Russia's direction.

Now, if he had said "we all remember how Germany was partitioned by the Allies and Soviets, and the Soviets established a communist rule in their half", that would have been more historically accurate. But he didn't say that. His words were solely concerning the Soviet "invasion" into Germany, anything else is people putting the words into his mouth.

East Germany was a vasal state of USSR. They did not have self control. The so called government there did not decide on anything. They only took orders from higher up in the USSR.
edit on 21-1-2015 by pompel9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: pompel9

The Soviet Union did invade Germany, so the statement remains true. "Invasion" is shorter and carries more emotional punch than "remember how the Soviet Union, in concert with its western allies, drove the German army back across its borders and, having defeated the Nazi government, partitioned the country along lines established secretly at a meeting in Yalta...."

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join