It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rewriting history: Ukrainian PM Yatsenyuk says USSR invaded Germany during WWII

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: kitzik

The war ended (european front) because Russians occupied Berlin. Are you really that dumb not to understand this ?

Really because the Russians were in Germany in April of 1945, yet the Germans didn't finally give up to the Allies until May of 1945...and didn't surrender to Russia until 2 days later.

April 16, 1945
The Soviets launch their final offensive, encircling Berlin.

April 30, 1945
Hitler commits suicide.

May 7, 1945
Germany surrenders to the western Allies.

May 9, 1945
Germany surrenders to the Soviets.

www.ushmm.org...

So it took Germany almost a month before they decided it was over for them...You do know the Germans were fighting the war while Russia occupied Berlin right?

In the last month, the Germans, not so much the NAZIs, were trying to surrender to the Western Allies without surrendering to the USSR. Eisenhower said Germany must surrender unconditionally to all of the Allies (USSR included) or none of the Allies. In the last month, many Germans were able to cross over to the Western Allies front and surrender there.

A historian on CSPAN said the Germans fought to the last man in Berlin. He was SS Charlemagne (French Volunteers) fighting on the second floor of the Reich Chancellery.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage

Russia DID invade Germany, in 1945, after the Soviets pushed the Nazi's out of the USSR.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

lol

the puppet government of Kiev speaks

I am sure he calls US ambassador to Ukraine by "your lordship"

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer

Russia DID invade Germany, in 1945, after the Soviets pushed the Nazi's out of the USSR.

LOL

You do know Germany invaded Russia in WW2.

As in came all the way to Stalingrad

You know there are number of famous movies made about it .

You do know 20 million Russians died in WW2, not that you care, they are scum for you aren't they.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TryAndStopTheFuture555

You do know 20 million Russians died in WW2, not that you care, they are scum for you aren't they

Stalin certainly didn't care. That was just 20 million he didn't have to feed any more.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I once heard from a former Ukrainian (now Canadian) that in their schools they were taught that Hitler died of old age in the Antarctic. Definitely a different line of history than what I was fed in Canada.

Perhaps this is true for all Ukrainians in school during a certain period? I believe that this would have been taught when Ukraine was part of the USSR. So dually interesting that the Soviets would even allow this. Maybe not? (If true).

It is interesting to hear a modern member of state publicly announce the opposite of what most consider historical consensus though. Especially when it coincides with an agenda.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Just dropped by to lol at RT as news source..

Pffft

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

I dropped by your post to lol at you

The infamous ATS neocon warmonger

hi Rigel4

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
Stalin certainly didn't care. That was just 20 million he didn't have to feed any more.

Russia wasn't prepared for a world war by any means

shortage of ammunition guns everything but human lives.

You dishonor their ultimate sacrifice by trying to spin their deaths.

As a backer of NEW NEO FASCISTS in Washington. You'll find that for this World War Russia is ready.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

You dishonor their ultimate sacrifice by trying to spin their deaths

You dishonor their deaths by defending the man who made those deaths inevitable. If the Soviet Union was unprepared for war... it was entirely the fault of its leader.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

You dishonor their deaths by defending the man who made those deaths inevitable. If the Soviet Union was unprepared for war... it was entirely the fault of its leader.

It is also called blaming the victim.

that is so 1960s

get with the times man

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Exactly like in 1984, from one minute to the other, completly unanounced
Nazi Germany was never our enemy!!!
Nazi Germany was always our Ally!!!
We always were at war with the Sowjets!!!
we never were allied to the sowjets!!!!!!

He gave an Interview in the most watched news in germany were he made that claim and the reporter did not even tried to correct him or in anyway reacted to it.....
Just shocking what the europeans brought to power in the ukraine, is this the foreplay for what willl come in whole europe once the whole population is so terrified by more and more "islamist attacks" that they rename the EU to the 4. Reich???

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I could only stand so much reading in this thread. Let me set the historical record straight (this is all from memory, so some dates might be a day or two off):

August 23, 1939 - Nazi-Soviet Pact signed. A secret protocol of this agreement was that the Soviets and Germans would invade Poland together.

September 1, 1939 - Germany invades Poland from the west, setting off WWII.

September 17, 1939 - The Soviet Union invades Poland from the east.

November 30, 1939 - The Soviet Union invades Finland.

March 12, 1940 - Formal peace treaty signed between the Soviet Union and Finland, after the Soviet military victory.

June 15, 1940 - The Soviet Union occupies Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania.

June 22, 1941 - Germany invades the Soviet Union. Second Russo-Finnish war begins.

December 6, 1941 - The Germans are stopped within sight of Moscow.

February 2, 1943 - The German 6th Army surrenders at Stalingrad, which was the furthest expansion of the German military into Soviet territory.

July 5, 1943 - Battle at Kursk (and environs), largest tank battle in history. After the Soviets won this battle, the Germans were slowly pushed back toward the eastern frontiers of the Reich.

September ?, 1944 - Fighting between Finland and the Soviets ceases, peace treaty signed after the war.

January 12, 1945 - The Soviets begin their East Prussian offensive, which is their first major foray into German territory.

March 9, 1945 - U.S. and British armies cross into Germany en masse from the west.

April 16, 1945 - The Soviets invade eastern Germany.

April 20, 1945 - Berlin is surrounded.

April 30, 1945 - Hitler commits suicide in his Berlin bunker.

May 2, 1945 - The German defenders of Berlin surrender.

May 9, 1945 - FInal surrender of German military forces.

So, we see from this short (and incomplete) timeline that both the Germans and the Soviets invaded other countries, and each other, during WWII. That's what happens in war.

I think Yatseniuk was trying to play on German memories of what the Soviets did to German civilians during the last days of the war when he made his remarks. It was a clear propaganda snap at the Russians.

edit on 13-1-2015 by jt327gir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Since you like clutching at words, was it Russia or the USSR that invaded Germany?

It was the Red Army, is that a better choice of words for you?

The fact is the Red Army did in fact invade Germany at the end of WWII and occupied it for a time after...are you also saying they didn't, because that is what the premise of this thread is about?

The truth is he isn't trying to rewrite history by saying what happened, as the OP and it's Russian source are trying to elude to.

It may not have been the best thing to say at the time, but the facts are it happened and history provides us with the answers...which is the Red Army was occupying Berlin and they did that by invading and conquering the German Army at the time.

So where exactly is the Ukraine PM trying to rewrite something that was witnessed by those who lived in Berlin at the time, and history has shown us?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: jt327gir

It was a clear propaganda snap at the Russians.

It wasn't propaganda as the facts show it happened, as you said it was more of a reminder as to what happens when Russia decides to invade your country.

Might not have been the right place or time to say that, but he definitely isn't trying to rewrite history.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

It is also called blaming the victim.

Are you seriously calling Stalin a victim? He would have you shoot your mother for saying that.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Are you seriously calling Stalin a victim? He would have you shoot your mother for saying that.

You agenda guys are really no fun because you don't debate, you troll

I Wrote that Russia lost 20 million to invading Germany

You wrote how Stalin loved the fact 20 million wouldn't need to be fed.

I wrote how Russia lost 20 million not because of Stalin but sheer unpreparedness for War.

You wrote how that is Stalin's fault.

I wrote how blaming Stalin for Hitler being bad guy and invading and killing 20 million Russians is the same as "blaming the victim for being killed"

So Person A has no gun, and after person B kills person A, we are going to say, screw him, he didn't have a gun.

Alright, now give me your best troll answer please, do your job.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I guess they will all have to disclose so that we can figure out what was, what is going on!

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phatdamage

Ukraine's Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk has made some surprising statements during his visit to Germany, saying that USSR invaded Germany during the Second World War. Alexander Mercouris, International Affairs Editor for the Russia Insider magazine, says that Yatsenyuk is trying to win sympathy in Germany, but is ultimately failing to do so

I've heard the excuse that the German attack in 1941 was a preemptive strike because the Soviet Union was just about to strike Germany. This the one of the many self-justifications used by Nazis during and after the war. But to actually have a modern European Prime Minister mouth it is still shocking.

EDIT - I know this is RT and is a dubious site for accurate news on certain items, but what he is saying cannot be ignored, he is trying to re-write history, the question is why?

The USSR did invade the Baltic States (prior to Op Barbarossa), the USSR did invade northern Romania (prior to Op Barbarossa) and was very likely to invade Central Europe via Germany (toughest kid on the block). Stalin was gambling on Hitler invading England. He gambled wrong and Hitler launched his gambit. The whistle-blower who wrote the book Icebreaker decades later revealed the truth.

So the Ukrainian PM is not being entirely accurate, but neither was he being far from the truth.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Yatz The Rat's version of history is pretty much what you would expect from a fascist tool? Trying to prey on anyone who has any kind of fear of Russia.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join