It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rewriting history: Ukrainian PM Yatsenyuk says USSR invaded Germany during WWII

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Russian television asked for Ukranian language without German

youtu.be...

Ukranian is not Chinese for me. And Radzyansky Invasion lol is something new in Ukranian language.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: kitzik

The funny part that Yatsenyuk indeed said "invasion" and not "вторгнення" , "anmarch" or any other word.

So again I ask where exactly was it said? I have asked numerous times and yet no answer...care to answer this very easy question?

His original words: www.1tv.ru... (from around 1:09)

Incidentally, do you think the WW 2 would have been won if neither the Soviets nor Allies "invaded" Nazi Germany?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
Incidentally, do you think the WW 2 would have been won if neither the Soviets nor Allies "invaded" Nazi Germany?

The invasion of Germany by the Soviet Union and the Western allies resulted in the defeat of Germany. The only problem was that the allies returned the land to Germany after the defeat. The Russians did not. The Berlin airlift was the culmination of realising Soviet intention to keep what they had invaded and occupied. The Soviets used WW2 to subjegate eastern Europe. The result was that those subjegated nations turned to the West when the Soviet Union finally collapsed.

Regards
edit on 10/1/2015 by paraphi because: typo

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

He does say invasion and that I will admit, but he doesn't mention Russia and Germany in that context as it has been said. In fact the Ukranian word for Germany is Німеччина which I don't see in the subtitles nor do I see the Ukranian word for Russia...Росія.

I do see the word for invasion but just don't see the other key words that should have been in the same sentence as invasion.

Never came close to saying that, but to say Russia didn't invade Germany during the war is a outright fallacy, as they did invade and occupy Germany and I do understand the reason why...but they did invade Germany and the fact is out there that it happened.

Also the media outlets that are reporting him saying it in that context are all Russian and any other media is picking it up from Russian media.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: wildespace

He does say invasion and that I will admit, but he doesn't mention Russia and Germany in that context as it has been said. In fact the Ukranian word for Germany is Німеччина which I don't see in the subtitles nor do I see the Ukranian word for Russia...Росія.

Are you just looking at the subtitles, or actually listening to what he says?

He says "Radiansku invasion" - which translates as Soviet invasion, and he says "v Nimenchinu" which literally means "into Germany".

Since you like clutching at words, was it Russia or the USSR that invaded Germany? Although for many Westerners the two mean the same thing, it's not fair to equate the modern democratic state with its tyrannical past self. Just ask the Germans ;-)

And, as has been already mentioned here, Ukraine was already part of the USSR when WW2 took place. There could have been many Ukrainians as part of Soviet troops invading Germany.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Since you like clutching at words, was it Russia or the USSR that invaded Germany? Although for many Westerners the two mean the same thing, it's not fair to equate the modern democratic state with its tyrannical past self. Just ask the Germans ;-)

Did you just call Russia a 'modern democratic state'??? I'll assume you mistyped and meant something else as democratic and Russia are about about as opposite as you can get.
edit on 10-1-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
The invasion of Germany by the Soviet Union and the Western allies resulted in the defeat of Germany. The only problem was that the allies returned the land to Germany after the defeat. The Russians did not. The Berlin airlift was the culmination of realising Soviet intention to keep what they had invaded and occupied. The Soviets used WW2 to subjegate eastern Europe. The result was that those subjegated nations turned to the West when the Soviet Union finally collapsed.
Regards

That deserves to be quoted and repeated. Russia has been reaping what it sowed ever since the end of WWII. Now in Ukraine Russia is AGAIN sowing more future suffering. It is amazing a whole country of people can believe what is going on in Ukraine is a good thing. Proof positive that if you write history to make yourself look good then you are bound to repeat it.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
this blueblood yaytsenyuk comes from thoroughbred rabbinical kind Bacai mocks the memory of killed 26 million redblood Soviet goyims , 1 million of them in the capture of Berlin who saved they blueblood tribe from destruction They used to say thank you dlm6.meta.ua... for our (their) victory and then stuck a knife in the back the USSR in 1991, is waiting for you too, for your (their) victory . like a dog they roll the bones and hang a medal around his neck but kicked out of the booth youtu.be...
edit on 11/1/15 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

I suppose no one else reaps what they sow, oh wait maybe they will.

And already are.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Lots of emotionally-charged and subjective posts here, but the real topic here is Yatsenjuk's words. We've successfully established that he did say "Soviet invasion into the Ukraine and Germany". So let's talk about that rather than how bad the Soviets were after the Nazi regime fell.

Do his words actually hold any point or meaning, or are they a very awkward attempt to twist history to present the Soviets in a bad light?

Invasion, in my understanding, is carried out as an unprovoked act of aggression against another country. Should we give the Soviets slap on the wrist for helping (and I think being instrumental in) bringing down the Nazi regime (which I'm sure wouldn't have been possible if the Soviets dutifully stayed outside of the German borders and just went back to their country. hoping that Hitler will stay put). I really hope you see how ridiculous this whole charade looks.

The only problem was that the allies returned the land to Germany after the defeat. The Russians did not.

So the DDR was not Germany, but a piece of USSR territory, then? That's a new "history lesson" for me.
/sarcasm
edit on 11-1-2015 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
In all honesty, what does it matter, right here, right now?

It's like the people of Germany constantly being beaten up over the Nazis decades ago, especially by the Zionists in their never-ending "reparations" claims.

Bottom line, the people of Germany, the current generation and the previous couple had absolutely nothing to do with the things that occurred back then. They are no more responsible than I am for the British slave trade and kicking the French arse's at Agincourt!

However, the rabble rousers, like arseface in Ukraine, have nothing other than the deeds of the past to try and justify their own brutality in the present, and will try to use past "history" as a rallying call. It's the same with all politically motivated nutcases.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
so youtu.be... youtu.be... Germans met arseny understood without translation

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: narin
c'mon it's a nonsense.
First Roosevelt, Churchill and Stalin met in Yalta and agreed to divide Germany and keep US/USSR interest zones in Europe apart.
en.wikipedia.org...
So, it was not invading Germany by Russians.

For that matter people should get reminded of the bombing of Dresden. (later East Germany)
en.wikipedia.org...
Dresden was bombed to ashes,

In four raids between 13 and 15 February 1945, 722 heavy bombers of the British Royal Air Force (RAF) and 527 of the United States Army Air Forces (USAAF) dropped more than 3,900 tons of high-explosive bombs and incendiary devices on the city.[1] The bombing and the resulting firestorm destroyed over 1,600 acres (6.5 km2) of the city centre.[2] An estimated 22,700[3] to 25,000[4] people were killed.

Lets learn some history: Ruskies and Yankies were alies during the WW II . Brits were fighting with them too.

Sad, really sad that we'll have to go through all of it again.

edit on 11-1-2015 by Douriff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Invasion, in my understanding, is carried out as an unprovoked act of aggression against another country.

The you understand wrong. It doesn't have to unprovoked in the slightest. The Allied invasion of Europe on D-Day is proof of that.

The only problem was that the allies returned the land to Germany after the defeat. The Russians did not.

So the DDR was not Germany, but a piece of USSR territory, then? That's a new "history lesson" for me.
/sarcasm

From 1945-1949, the DDR was administered by Soviet authorities who then transferred this responsibility to the puppet Government they set up, all the while Soviet forces remained in the country. The Soviet Union itself annexed considerable chunks of what did constitute Germany (Eastern Prussia), expelled the German occupants and they remain in control of this land to this day, calling it Kalingrad (it used to be Konigsberg)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Europe and Japan are still occupied by the United States, in their territories are American military bases. But if you have the kitchen sits heavily armed bandit and holding a knife at the throat you wife or a child USA call democracy, but the owner is hoping that a neighbor will come and tear off head of gangster
edit on 12/1/15 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: mangust69
Europe and Japan are still occupied by the United States, in their territories are American military bases. But if you have the kitchen sits heavily armed bandit and holding a knife at the throat you wife or a child USA call democracy, but the owner is hoping that a neighbor will come and tear off head of gangster

In other words, the Crimean elections were a farce, because the very presence of Russian troops was holding a knife to their throats. Or does that reasoning only apply to America?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

So let's talk about that rather than how bad the Soviets were after the Nazi regime fell.

The whole point of the grievences people in a dozen countries have with Russia, the successor of the USSR, is their actions after WWII. So let's NOT talk about the real issue and play semantics and word games between Ukrainian and it's translations instead.

Funny

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phatdamage

Ukraine's Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk has made some surprising statements during his visit to Germany, saying that USSR invaded Germany during the Second World War. Alexander Mercouris, International Affairs Editor for the Russia Insider magazine, says that Yatsenyuk is trying to win sympathy in Germany, but is ultimately failing to do so

I've heard the excuse that the German attack in 1941 was a preemptive strike because the Soviet Union was just about to strike Germany. This the one of the many self-justifications used by Nazis during and after the war. But to actually have a modern European Prime Minister mouth it is still shocking.

EDIT - I know this is RT and is a dubious site for accurate news on certain items, but what he is saying cannot be ignored, he is trying to re-write history, the question is why?

The Russian Air Force was deployed so close to the border that the Germans were able to destroy it on the ground on the first day.

The Russian Army formations were also right on the border, they were not in strategic defense positions.

The USSR had just signed an armistice with Japan, freeing up troops from Eastern Asia.

If Germany had invaded Britain, Russia would have had its best chance at a quick victory over NAZI Germany.

I think the Ukrainian PM was talking about the real attitude of Stalin and USSR in world politics.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

So let's NOT talk about the real issue and play semantics and word games between Ukrainian and it's translations instead.

But the issue here IS what you call semantics of Yatsenyuk and not USSR actions in Eastern Germany after WW2.

If you want to discuss USSR and DDR you are welcomed to open another thread.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Gewöhnlicher Faschismus: Neuer Genozid in Neurussland. Die Sicht der Deutschen Margarita Seidler.
youtu.be...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join