It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rewriting history: Ukrainian PM Yatsenyuk says USSR invaded Germany during WWII

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You can not seriously believe anything this fool says. He says outright in the video "we all remember this clearly". Excuse me? He wasn't even born until 1974 so how does he remember anything from that time? He doesn't. Not from WW2 He doesn't. He remembers WHAT HE WAS TOLD about WW2,that is all.

And isn't odd how now he hates Russia so much,but these same people were so willing to take loans from Russia such a short time ago? I think they're real hatred of Russia comes from the same place as always:they don't like paying back what they owe. They have done this several times in the past and Russia had to cut off gas to them to get them to pay.Russia is currently thinking about calling in their loan to Ukraine for $3 billion that they once again don't seem to want to pay. I guess the thinking is if they can just make the rest of the world hate Russia enough,the world will take their side when they default on what they owe another country. Do we really want to be loaning out our tax dollars to these dead beats? Does the rest of the world? I would say they are a complete waste of money and resources. Even when their country was in 'better' shape than now,they didn't want to pay their bills. Let them fall.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

The funniest thing that although Yatsenyuk was speaking in Ukranian, he did said this one word "invasion" in English.

Except for one problem...where exactly in that 6 minute video was that said?
edit on 10-1-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Kinda weird thats the arguement you have to peddle man, ill try and explain this as best I can if your not able to put historical events into proper context.

Ok,

So Arseniy Yatsenyuk makes the statement "we all remember very well the Soviet Incasion of Ukraine and Germany".

Now, given the current political shenanigans between Ukraine and Russia right? and given the fact Yatsenyuk is in Germany trying to curry favour with Germany in support against Russia he attempts to paint Russia in a bad light from pointing to a period in history we are all very aware off while conjuring up the fear of a Russia invasion, which he also states "we have to prevent this" as though there may be a chance of this in the near future.

Now.

Couple of things that are wrong with this

For one thing Ukraine was part of Russia during WW2, so I fail to see how Russia invaded herself.

Now we are surely both aware of the reasons Russia invaded Germany during WW2 yes?, if not it was in direct retaliation for Germany doing this, Operation Barbarossa. And I think its safe to say were all pretty lucky Russia did invade germany yes?, I mean, historicaly that can be viewed as pretty good right?. Because it wasnt some blatant act of aggression, they were helping us crush the Nazi Empire. And be under no illusion, Russia much like they did in Asia effectively ended the war for us.

Operation Bagration

And thats the problem see, Yatsenyuk is refering to this period in time to paint Russia in a bad light by totaly ignoring the circumstances that surrounded such a thing, like ignoring the fact WHY they invaded Germany. Which is strange.

Look I know your hatred for Russia is strong and whoever pays you to post this kinda stuff is probably bat # crazy but please dont let that prevent you from seeing whats actualy going on here.

Exactly what I was trying to say!

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Exact transcript in Ukranian.

"Російська військова агресія проти України - це зазіхання на світовий порядок і це зазіхання на європейську безпеку. Ми всі добре з вами пам’ятаємо радянську інвейжн як в Україну, так і, в тому числі, в Німеччину. Цього треба уникнути. Нікому не дозволено переписувати результати Другої світової війни, що намагається зробити президент Росії, пан Путін".

інвейжн is invasion.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

In English

"Russian military aggression against Ukraine - it is an encroachment on the world order and that attacks on European security. We all remember you inveyzhn in Soviet Ukraine , and, in particular, in Germany. This should be avoided. No one is allowed rewrite the Second World War , trying to make Russia's president , Putin "

i know what he is saying, but why? what is his end game, get Germany to turn against Russia? wasnt there something recently about Ukrane Russia and Nato???, i'll try and dig it out

edit on 10/1/15 by Phatdamage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Care to show me where you got your translation?

Invasion in Ukraine is вторгнення.

translate.meta.ua...

Want to try again?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage

Arseniy Yatsenyuk is broke, he's in germany basicaly begging money of Germany and whoever else will support him, problem is he seems to be a bit of a simpleton and quite probably high on drugs, all the time.

I very much doubt Germany and Britain would risk a real war with Russia over letting this clown into NATO.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Care to show me where you got your translation?

Invasion in Ukraine is вторгнення.

translate.meta.ua...

Want to try again?

I gave you link where he is speaking in Ukranian, if you are too lazy to wait for the word "invasion" in English I can't help you.

But, personally, for me it is really funny that he speaks "american" whereas Germans don't know how to translate it Anmarch or Einmarsh.

www.dw.de...прес-служба-яценюка-відповіла-на-закиди-з-росії-з-приводу-інтервю-німець кому-каналу/a-18182190

Now, I was asking your version of what he said. Prove me wrong.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage

i know what he is saying, but why?

To remind people what happens when Russia does occupy your country.

And the word inveyzhn is not even an English word and has no translation to English from Ukrainian, so where that was translated from is beyond me.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I don't know if it is still there, but the was a statue of a Russian soldier in east Berlin, the locals called it 'the unknown rapist' as I believe the statue was actually called 'the unknown soldier'.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Now, I was asking your version of what he said. Prove me wrong.

I already have as the word for invasion in Ukraine is as I showed you with a link to the translator.

My version of what he said has no bearing as to what he really said...which btw the translation proves your wrong, but hey why worry about facts when you can make it up for yourself.

Now what exactly is it your link is supposed to prove...the fact you can navigate to a German media site, because that is all it is doing.

edit on 10-1-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

My version of what he said has no bearing as to what he really said...

Really ? So, why you are sitting on this thread.

I'm telling you for the 3-rd time. I HEARD him myself what he said in Ukranian and one word in English "invasion" interspersed into his speech.

What are you trying to do now ? To prove me that there is no word inveyzhen in Ukranian. I know this.
But still, it is funny.

Let me remind You Your words

So Arseniy Yatsenyuk makes the statement "we all remember very well the Soviet Incasion of Ukraine and Germany".

Except he didn't actually say invasion as that is from the Kremlin mouthpiece that makes that comment.

Except he didn't actually say invasion as that is from the Kremlin mouthpiece that makes that comment.

But, Yatsenyuk did said "Invasion" apart that it is "American" which is funny considering he was speaking Ukranian
This also contradicts your statement, and I don't need to argue about translation.
edit on 10-1-2015 by kitzik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I am pro-Russian in this context (also in the Ukrainian situation) but I do believe the Germans were invaded particularly when the Russians entered Berlin and were the first to reach Hitler's bunker. So on the contrary to Ukrainian claims, the Russians did a great service for Allied Forces and if we are getting into the habit of bringing up WW2 then we should not forget their sacrifice and stop all this nonsense santions against them.

We really need to get back on the road to mutual prosperity, after all China is next door. They have been historically a worthy ally, under appreciated but their deviant nature being warped in the limelight has made us separate from any notion of allegiance

To be fair though, a lot of Soviet labour camp policies were indoctrinated into German belief systems in order to run the concentration camps, so in a way it is an invasion.

He was clearly wrong for pulling at such a sensitive heartstring in the German mentality and they will not like that one bit.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

What are you trying to do now ? To prove me that there is no word inveyzhen in Ukranian. I know this.
But still, it is funny.

So then your just trolling...gotcha.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

So then your just trolling...gotcha.

No, man, it is You trolling me. But I have patience today lol

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

No, man, it is You trolling me. But I have patience today lol

Really, because you just admitted to making something up just for fun...that my friend is trolling, so enjoy your fishing trip.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Really, because you just admitted to making something up just for fun...that my friend is trolling, so enjoy your fishing trip.

The funny part that Yatsenyuk indeed said "invasion" and not "вторгнення" , "anmarch" or any other word.

The rest is your trolling.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
I don't know if it is still there, but the was a statue of a Russian soldier in east Berlin, the locals called it 'the unknown rapist' as I believe the statue was actually called 'the unknown soldier'.

Very true.
Germans aren't stupid and all the foolish posting on ATS trying to justify years of occupation after WWII doesn't change it. Germans know what the Soviets did in East Germany. They also know Putin worked there for years.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

But, Yatsenyuk did said "Invasion" apart that it is "American" which is funny considering he was speaking Ukranian

Again I asked you where it was said and interestingly enough you can't provide that...so exactly where was that said?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

The funny part that Yatsenyuk indeed said "invasion" and not "вторгнення" , "anmarch" or any other word.

So again I ask where exactly was it said? I have asked numerous times and yet no answer...care to answer this very easy question?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join