It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rewriting history: Ukrainian PM Yatsenyuk says USSR invaded Germany during WWII

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

You do know the Germans were fighting the war while Russia occupied Berlin right?

Do you understand that the Battle for Berlin was almost as hard as the Stalingrad Battle ?

Germans didn't surrender like some pussy French in Paris.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

And check your textbooks, I think even in Western textbooks it is still a fact that Germany was divided by all allies.

And yet that has nothing to do with the OP, as it is about Ukraine supposedly rewriting history by saying Russia invaded Germany...which BTW did happen and it has nothing to do with who separated the two parts of Germany.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Germans didn't surrender like some pussy French in Paris.

Again this has nothing to do with any other countries except Russia and Germany...why do you insist on trying to send this thread in different directions?

And Germany did surrender when they started to get their asses handed to them...but of course that isn't in your version of history is it?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik
a reply to: ColCurious

It is somewhere there around min 21

www.tagesschau.de...

I watched it (again).
Only one general sentence about WWII - and nothing about who was the agressor OR about the soviet invasion back then.
Also, this issue of the Tagesschau was aired one day before he even met Chancellor Merkel.
No banana for you.
edit on 10-1-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Dabrazzo

LOL i wouldnt trust very much from an IMF banker.

But trusting a report coming from the Kremlin mouthpiece is better...gotcha.

Also the facts show it happened so you don't have to believe anyone.

I understand your limited grasp of history is maybe what led you to take the notion of the Soviet Invasion of Germany radicaly out of context, much in the same way this IMF puppet Yatsenyuk is doing. Fortunatley however most sane people will recognise what he is doing.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Again this has nothing to do with any other countries except Russia and Germany...why do you insist on trying to send this thread in different directions?

With USA policies in the last years I'm less and less surprised that we need this kind of educational threads.
And yes Ukraine is rewriting history trying to paint Ukraine as not part of USSR at that time. I don't know how far this revisionism will go, but it doesn't smell good.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

as you are so absolutly certain of his context and motive - maybe you can provide a primary source for what he actually said

you have reviewd a primary source , to deduce context and motive havnt you ????????????????

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

Sorry, I didn't checked this info, I don't speak German.

I took it from here hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk...

Also someone in comment section there wrote

I live in Germany, and I haven't seen much reaction to this unbelievable statement of historical revisionism in the mainstream media either. The lone exception that I know of was a very brief and satirical piece on the Spiegel website entitled "Jazenjuk enttart Sowjetrussen" (Yatsenyuk exposes Soviet Russia). By the way, Spiegel's translation rendered the word as 'Einmarsch' (invasion) rather than 'Anmarsch' (advance). In the Tagesschau video, you can clearly see that the interviewer (Pinar Atalay) just breezes right past this whopper of a statement from Yatsenyuk without so much as a single follow-up question, as the Spiegel piece mockenly notes.

This interview seems to be what is all fuss about
www.tagesschau.de...
edit on 10-1-2015 by kitzik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I understand your limited grasp of history is maybe what led you to take the notion of the Soviet Invasion of Germany radicaly out of context, much in the same way this IMF puppet Yatsenyuk is doing.

Surely you understand what constitutes an invasion...

in·va·sion (ĭn-vā′zhən)
n.
1. The act of invading, especially the entrance of an armed force into a territory to conquer.
2. The entry into bodily tissue and subsequent proliferation of an injurious entity, such as a pathogen or tumor.
3. An intrusion or encroachment:

www.thefreedictionary.com...

So did Russia not send troops into Germany with the premise of conquering the German war machine, because that is in fact what they did...so where again am I not understanding Russia invaded Germany before WWII had ended?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

With USA policies in the last years I'm less and less surprised that we need this kind of educational threads.

What does the US have to do with this thread?

Just can't seem to stop with bashing the US even when it has nothing to do with them. Also does the US policies have the power to control history that was written and seen by those who lived through this, because now your j8ust making things up to blame the US for.

It really is a sad thing to see.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Also someone in comment section there wrote

So it seems the RT article made up what they wanted to so that it looks as though something was said that wasn't...why is that not surprising.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Kinda weird thats the arguement you have to peddle man, ill try and explain this as best I can if your not able to put historical events into proper context.

Ok,

So Arseniy Yatsenyuk makes the statement "we all remember very well the Soviet Incasion of Ukraine and Germany".

Now, given the current political shenanigans between Ukraine and Russia right? and given the fact Yatsenyuk is in Germany trying to curry favour with Germany in support against Russia he attempts to paint Russia in a bad light from pointing to a period in history we are all very aware off while conjuring up the fear of a Russia invasion, which he also states "we have to prevent this" as though there may be a chance of this in the near future.

Now.

Couple of things that are wrong with this

For one thing Ukraine was part of Russia during WW2, so I fail to see how Russia invaded herself.

Now we are surely both aware of the reasons Russia invaded Germany during WW2 yes?, if not it was in direct retaliation for Germany doing this, Operation Barbarossa. And I think its safe to say were all pretty lucky Russia did invade germany yes?, I mean, historicaly that can be viewed as pretty good right?. Because it wasnt some blatant act of aggression, they were helping us crush the Nazi Empire. And be under no illusion, Russia much like they did in Asia effectively ended the war for us.

Operation Bagration

And thats the problem see, Yatsenyuk is refering to this period in time to paint Russia in a bad light by totaly ignoring the circumstances that surrounded such a thing, like ignoring the fact WHY they invaded Germany. Which is strange.

Look I know your hatred for Russia is strong and whoever pays you to post this kinda stuff is probably bat # crazy but please dont let that prevent you from seeing whats actualy going on here.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

What Russia did after the war with Germany ended is the issue. You can ignore it all you like, but it's true and many countries hold a lot of resentment due to it.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Not according to Yatsenyuk its not. So you know, you ignore it all you like. And im sure plenty people resent quite a lot about what happened after WW2, but thats not the issue eh.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

So Arseniy Yatsenyuk makes the statement "we all remember very well the Soviet Incasion of Ukraine and Germany".

Except he didn't actually say invasion as that is from the Kremlin mouthpiece that makes that comment.

And I think its safe to say were all pretty lucky Russia did invade germany yes?,

But wait I thought Russia didn't invade Germany...or that is what your saying or not saying as your flopping more than a fish out of water.

And thats the problem see, Yatsenyuk is refering to this period in time to paint Russia in a bad light by totaly ignoring the circumstances that surrounded such a thing, like ignoring the fact WHY they invaded Germany. Which is strange.

The premise of his comments aren't about why they invaded Germany, but the fact they did and what they did while they were there...care to refute those facts? Russia painted their own picture long before this video was made.

Look I know your hatred for Russia is strong and whoever pays you to post this kinda stuff is probably bat # crazy but please dont let that prevent you from seeing whats actualy going on here.

Yep I am getting paid to post facts that happened many years ago with witnesses to those facts...You really need to get your facts straight before you distort them.

And I have no problem with the Russian people, only what their government has been trying to pull lately. I really get tiredd of repeating the same thing to the same people, but obviously paying attention isn't big in your world.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Not according to Yatsenyuk its not.

So you have a translation of exactly what he said and meant?

link   

Yeah whatever man, heres the full interview.

www.youtube.com...=21

It was a television interview broadcast on German TV in front of millions of people.

link   

Except it is the issue. He's reminding the Germans of what happened the last time Russia invaded. They kept half the country. The invasion and annexation go hand in hand.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Except he didn't actually say invasion as that is from the Kremlin mouthpiece that makes that comment.

So, according to you what did he said ?

The funniest thing that although Yatsenyuk was speaking in Ukranian, he did said this one word "invasion" in English.
youtu.be...
edit on 10-1-2015 by kitzik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

He's reminding the Germans of what happened the last time Russia invaded

Yeah, crushing Nazi Germany and ending WW2.

They kept half the country.

Oh, and who kept the other half?!?!

Those evil Rooooskies, now gimme a sec while check under the bed for reds, crazy commies who knows what they will do next!!!
edit on 10-1-2015 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join