It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denounce and expose all the hoax channels on Youtube

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The laborious task of blacklisting all youtube channels which fool the all-too-willing-to-be-deceived could be avoided with the simple application of scrutiny.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 472 times, shame on youtube.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
It's funny reading some of the comments in this thread. Anyone remember the Californian Drones? I spent far too much time trying to explain to people way back then (7 years ago now!) that the UFO video was compromised as proof because of the rise of CG. It all came down to the person presenting the video, and not the video itself. That is why the drone case ultimately died, because the back story was way too fuzzy and unreal.

Linda Moulton Howe told the world that the video below was "not animation". (Looking back at the average quality of it, I find that statement astounding!)

Having animated it myself, it became clear that she couldn't be trusted, and perpetuating the myth was more important than truth. All she had to do was contact me through youtube *shrug*. Anyway, enough of grinding that particular axe

Since then, things in 3d have got so much more realistic. I often mused back then (after being attacked for bursting peoples bubble) that I could set up such an awesome hoax and fool millions of people, and then reveal how easily they were duped... to prove a point. But I never did, because I'm not sure it would help anything except make me feel better (and thus be an arsehole). These days, I don't think anyone would fall for it. That to me is progress and a good thing. Threads like this give me hope, if only in the sense that people are creating better filters on reality.

Last thing, despite all of the fakes out there, I know there is something in our skies because I've seen several genuine UFOs in my life, and they are so real. Wish I could have shared those moments with the whole world. When I say UFOs, I mean flying ball/disks, and extremely fast craft. Mind blowing.

I'm of the opinion that anyone can see one, so long as they spend enough time looking up. Out of the many thousands of hours spent looking up, I have had about 20-30 seconds worth of sightings. 4 distinct events. Anyways, this is all off topic.
I think it's because I've not talked about UFOs for years and years. Comes flooding back.

But yes, name and shame the hoaxers.. they help no one but themselves.
edit on 12-1-2015 by saladfingers123456 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2015 by saladfingers123456 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: elevenaugust
a reply to: skyblueworld

Yes, but to have a reference list could avoid perpetual posting of such faked videos here in ATS, so you might not be duped anymore!

Special thanks to you Gortex, that constantly denounce as well these channels.

There's also the list of Scoot Brando, here, with these additional channels:
Thanks! (by Scott Brando)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord In my opinion it is not trying to stop anyone from speaking. The author simply wanted to post a list of sketchy you tube channels that may not be completely truthful. I for one do not understand why people will go to such length to make up stories. It seems a great waste of time and energy to make up stories and post them on you tube.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Third Phase of the moon has to be with out doubt the most cheesey and rubbish 'UFO' group there is. I feel sites and groups like this actually do the whole UFO subject alot more harm than most credit them for. Its sites and groups like this why the suubject is under so much ridicule and people refuse to take the topic seriously.
edit on 16-1-2015 by chaztekno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I think many forums deserve a "research thread" with exactly this kind of info.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

There should be more focus on actual research on ATS, instead of ''gay therefore aliens'', ''transgender therefore aliens'' etc.

ETA I do believe in extra terrestrial /dimensional beings.

ETA Your name is also a shower gel, pretty good and smells nice too.

www.lush.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Mmm, honey.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Maybe it is the hoaxers - that keep the dream alive ...

From stone age, right through to all mantras and religions up 'till now ...

It is the commoner making the observations.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
a reply to: FlyingFox

There should be more focus on actual research on ATS, instead of ''gay therefore aliens'', ''transgender therefore aliens'' etc.

Did I miss something?

Apparently so...

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

Best post of the day (and although the day is young, I can still say this with faith)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

It was on a gender thread.

They basically said that.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth

It was on a gender thread.

They basically said that.

Got a link?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Thank you for this thread, there are so many out there!

Next needs to be a list of bogus "Giants" uploaders.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
great thanks for the list ... i watched a youtube vid last night by secureteam10 .... as a" believer/want to believe" it actually made me doubt there was anything out there ... the stuff on the video was absolute rubbish ... glad to find out they are a money making scam outfit ... otherwise I would have become my worst nightmare ... a fully fledged member of the "its a rock brigade!!!!" ..phew!!

on the same subject .... are there any legit channels on youtube for alien/ufo stuff that would tickle my conspiracy regions?
edit on 12-7-2016 by johnrobca because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Does anyone think the government puts some of these dodgy hoax video's out there to discredit the actual genuine ones?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: coreypiening
Does anyone think the government puts some of these dodgy hoax video's out there to discredit the actual genuine ones?

They dont need to since greedy people are more than willing to do it themselves for the $$$. And gullible people are eager to keep up the charade. I cant even begin to count the times forum posters have refered to what is confirmed hoaxes to "validate" another dubious video/photo. When that is discredit? Well they will just argue "ok so that was a hoax but maybe *this other thing* is real... just like OP could be real!"... which more often than not is yet another known hoax. And it just goes on and on and on. Nothing interesting has shown up for many, many years.
edit on 18-9-2016 by merka because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join