It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
McCain has for years called for the United States to take action in Syria, which is embroiled in a three-way civil war pitting the government of President Bashar Assad against ISIS and various groups that McCain and others call more moderate rebels. Not everyone agrees,
Sen. John McCain, Republican chair of the Senate Armed Services Committee, told Fox News that the Obama administration’s “lack of strategy” concerning ISIL will not result in the defeat of the militants who have made considerable battlefield gains in Syria and Iraq. “We have to develop a strategy. And that's going to require United States involvement. Not the same as before, but certainly boots on the ground, forward air controllers, training -- a really robust effort to defeat ISIS,” he said using another acronym for ISIL
originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
now John McCain is calling for Ground forces to be send in Syria, Iraq to fight ISIS.
originally posted by: ColCurious
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Those pictures have been posted on ATS before and to be fair - they were taken before those guys rebranded themselves ISIS.
originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: ColCurious
He's an idiot, more than that, he has contributed by way of his past rhetoric in support of those terrorists, to every one of their victims deaths...what he and others have done is supporting terrorists and is criminal and essentially treasonous.
From Ukraine, Libya, Syria and Egypt yes now John McCain is calling for Ground forces to be send in Syria, Iraq to fight ISIS.
originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: LittleByLittle
He is not an idiot.
1. "Our economy, I think, is still ― the fundamentals of our economy are strong." ―John McCain, Jacksonville, Fla., Sept. 15, 2008 (Source)
2. "The issue of economics is not something I've understood as well as I should. I've got Greenspan's book." ―McCain, as quoted in the Boston Globe, Dec. 17, 2007 (Source)
7. "I think ― I'll have my staff get to you. It's condominiums where ― I'll have them get to you." ―McCain, after being asked how many houses he and his wife, Cindy, own,
10. "I think if you're just talking about income, how about $5 million?" ―McCain, after being asked by Rev. Rick Warren to define "rich," Lake Forest, California, Aug. 16, 2008 (Source)
11. "Maybe a hundred...That would be fine with me." ―McCain, to a questioner who asked if he supported President Bush's vision for keeping U.S. troops in Iraq for 50 years, Derry, New Hampshire, Jan. 3, 2008 (Source)
13. "You know that old Beach Boys song, Bomb Iran? Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran." ―McCain, breaking into song after being asked at a VFW meeting about whether it was time to send a message to Iran, Murrells Inlet, South Carolina, April 18, 2007 (Source)
14. "There was an energy bill on the floor of the Senate loaded down with goodies, billions for the oil companies, and it was sponsored by Bush and Cheney. You know who voted for it? You might never know. That one." ―McCain, pointing to Barack Obama during the second presidential debate, Nashville, Tennessee, Oct. 7, 2008 (Source)
16. "I was looking at the Sturgis schedule, and noticed that you had a beauty pageant, so I encouraged Cindy to compete. I told her [that] with a little luck, she could be the only woman to serve as both the First Lady and Miss Buffalo Chip." ―McCain, on the annual Miss Buffalo Chip Pageant, which features topless (and occasionally bottomless) contestants, Sturgis, South Dakota, Aug. 4, 2008 (Source)
19. "She's a partner and a soul-mate." ―McCain on Palin, whom he had met only once before selecting her to be his running mate, "FOX News Sunday" interview, Aug. 31, 2008 (Source)
20. "At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you c*nt." ―McCain, to his wife, Cindy, after she playfully twirled his hair and said "You're getting a little thin up there," as reported in the book The Real McCain by Cliff Schecter (Source)
23. "Honestly, I have to analyze our relationships, situations and priorities, but I can assure you that I will establish closer relationships with our friends, and I will stand up to those who want to harm the United States. ... I have a clear record of working with leaders in the hemisphere that are friends with us and standing up to those who are not. And that's judged on the basis of the importance of our relationship with Latin America and the entire region." ―McCain, after being asked if he would invite Spanish President Jose Rodriguez Louis Zapatero to the White House, casting an ally of the U.S. as a potential enemy while simultaneously confusing Spain for a Latin American country, interview with Radio Caracol Miami, Sept. 17, 2008 (Source)
25. "Across this country this is the agenda I have set before my fellow prisoners. And the same standards of clarity and candor must now be applied to my opponent." ―McCain, Bethlehem, Penn., Oct. 8, 2008 (Source)