It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Muslims aren't doing enough to speak out...!"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMainEvent
a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

As a Christian, I hear the whole "Christians are Pedophiles" bullcrap on a weekly basis. The big difference here is that I'm not going out and killing people who are speaking out or mocking my faith.

you aren't...but, American Christian zealots go out and kill abortion doctors, and firebomb clinics....but, let's not talk about homegrown American Christian terrorists, because apparently that classification doesn't fit our narrative.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

As a Christian, I hear the whole "Christians are Pedophiles" bullcrap on a weekly basis. The big difference here is that I'm not going out and killing people who are speaking out or mocking my faith.

So are you saying that is what a muslim does? or are you saying a christian has never killed in the name of God?
Do you believe you have the right to judge?
Do you believe in forgivenes, like Jesus did?
Do you spend money?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I pitty people like you.

You have no understanding and no tolerance for anything out side your own little bubble.

You quite clearly hate Islam, you think they are all barbaric and inhumane from what i take from your posts.

Thats over one billion people you just cannot relate to on any level because you are so blinded.

I think this brainwashing that some people seem to have that says "Islam is evil" is just like the brainwashing that went on that had most Americans brainwashed into believing that communism was evil during the cold war. Its spawned through ignorance that leads to your fear of other faiths and other people of the world you do not understand. It creates this horrible idea we are at war with Islam, war with your neighbour that goes to Mosque 4 times a day and does not like to eat bacon at the neighbourhood BBQ

You seem to think that Indonesia must intolerant because they have a religious court, yet ignore that they have had more female presidents that most western nations. You think Shria law is that bad, think about critically, if Sharia law is as bad as you make it out to be then how can that same system allow female presidents, Indonesia is for the most part a very tolerant state. Sure they have problems like all other states but you cannot say that it is as intolerant as Saudi Arabia for example.

This i think is why people have this ignorant view that Islam is evil, you just do not understand Islam you think it is wired and backwards that they get so offended by a cartoon or that they don't believe it is right to eat pork and then pray 4 times a day. Think about how wired our society must look to them. Some of us actually wave with our left hand!!!!

Islam is not the problem, the problem is people who seek to abuse the faith. Just like Catholicism is not the cause of paedophilia in the world, islam is not the cause of terrorism.

edit on 10-1-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Within Islam you have people behaving like sheep and people that are behaving as wolf in sheep skin. As long as Islam do not separate the sheep and wolf values then the wolves will hide among the sheep. Islam could have had a reformation like the protestants leaving the Catholic corrupt Church calling themselves protestants but the will to be united as a whole Sunni muslim united will only corrupt the whole of Sunni Islam.

Where is the movement from the innocent sheep in Islam that say enough is enough. It is not time to everywhere point out that if you do not follow the golden rule then you are a fallen soul and therefor damned by your own actions and no justification will be enough when weighed no matter what you read in any books or are told by others.
edit on 10-1-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Oh, so are you saying that we just let these Christian Terrorists run free or are guys like Eric Rudolph rotting in a SuperMax jail as we speak ?

We talk about them plenty.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

This is surprising coming from you

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Exitt

I can show you a little one and a large nation both in Europe but i won't because i don't think Islam is a tolerant religion. It is important to think for yourself and understand those people are not potential murderers by default. Nation does not equal religion except for Jews (who else)

16% of the Israeli population are Muslims.....why would middle eastern Muslims go to Europe, and then condemn, protest and riot against, and even murder, those that THEY CHOSE to live amongst?..."thinking for myself" as you say I should do, leads me to believe that Muslims want to take over Europe, in a slow but deliberate way....let me ask you, would any westerner that moved to Saudi Arabia, actively protest out in the street for the removal of King Abdullah? or for Saudi Arabia to condemn sharia law?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Oh, so are you saying that we just let these Christian Terrorists run free or are guys like Eric Rudolph rotting in a SuperMax jail as we speak ?

hmm...I was obviously misunderstood by you....why would you possibly think I would want them to "run free" as you put it?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

you aren't...but, American Christian zealots go out and kill abortion doctors, and firebomb clinics....but, let's not talk about homegrown American Christian terrorists, because apparently that classification doesn't fit our narrative.

According to WIKI
Since March 10, 1993 there have been 6 abortion doctor murders and since August 1982 6 attempted murders.

Also from wiki, since 1990 there have been 8,993 deaths by Islamic extremists in terror attacks.

edit on 1 10 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Oh, so are you saying that we just let these muslim terrorist run free or are guys like Said and Cherif Kouachi shot and killed as we speak ?

What is your point?

And why dont you answer my questions? Is it because you dont have the right answers??
edit on 10 1 2015 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

No, I'm not saying that, What I'm saying is that there are very specific sects of Islam who are just dedicated to killing anyone who doesn't subscribe to their own Theology. Yet while Innocent people die in my own backyard I'm expected to just zip my lip and take it out of fear of offending people. After 20 years of this B.S. I'm basically saying "To hell with that". The people in the other camp are always eager to critique and I'm really starting to wonder why I don't have that same right in my own homeland.

I'm not judging anyone, I'm speaking my mind on the subject. I'm not slamming Islam either.

I'll forgive anyone who honestly and truly want to be forgiven, In a heartbeat. The thing is, I don't see anyone seeking it.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

This is surprising coming from you

....could you explain why you seem disappointed in my response, I have respect for your opinions, so that's why I'm asking......

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

No, actually I was busy typing out your response. Patience is a Virtue. lol

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

so....people here think Islam is a tolerant religion?....show me a freedom and equality loving Islamic nation, please....I must be ignorant of where that place is on the map.

Islam IS a very tolerant religion. There are groups of people who have hijacked Islam who happen to not be very tolerant people.

Extremism is described in Islam by two words: ghuluw – extremism, extravagance, immoderation, and tatarraf – radicalism.

One of the main forms of extremism in religion is complete ignorance of the comprehensive nature of Islam. This is what makes an individual who has knowledge of parts but not the whole think he has entered the circle of scholars when the fact is he knows nothing but bits and pieces that he uses to deduce a verdict. Such a verdict will invariably be fraught with error.

In their ignorance of religion and in their pride, people are lead to hold tight to the literal meanings of the source texts without trying to understand the multiple meanings and the intent and purpose behind the revelation or a relevant action or saying of the Prophet (s). Today extremists are bringing back the school that was known as the school of literality (al-dhahiri). That school originally refused to take into consideration qiyas, analogy, or reasoning between different rules, or precedence in law.

Moderate Muslim scholars are extremely surprised to see those who migrated overseas to different countries around the world, seeking study and sustenance, have carried with them this extreme literalist ideology, The result has been the creation of a large number of groups and divisions within the Muslim community, seemingly showing the entire Muslim community as radical in their views and violent in their actions. If the leadership of the immigrant Muslims had shown moderation in the countries to which they moved, and integrated with the culture of the country, they would have greatly changed the stark image of Islam in the eyes of common people.

www.islamicsupremecouncil.org...

A little about this group (ISCA):

ISCA aims to provide practical solutions for American Muslims, based on the traditional Islamic legal rulings of an international advisory board, many of whom are recognized as the highest-ranking Islamic scholars in the world. For the first time in America, we have tried to integrate traditional scholarship with the resolution of contemporary issues affecting the maintenance of Islamic beliefs in a modern, secular society.

We intend to work closely and proactively with non-Muslim individuals and organizations to present Islam as a religion of moderation, tolerance, peace and justice. ISCA will stress the common heritage of Islam, Christianity and Judaism in an effort to foster mutual respect between all cultures and religions.

ISCA supports peace wherever it exists.
ISCA supports the precept of “justice for all,”condemning all violations of human rights.
ISCA advocates social integration and cohesion.
ISCA promotes the pursuit of spiritual growth and harmony.
ISCA commits to strengthening the values of charity, family love, education and public responsibility in American life.

Not affiliated with any government, political party or political agenda, ISCA stresses civil duty, active participation in politics, and taking responsibility for shaping the future of America and the world.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

No, I'm not saying that, What I'm saying is that there are very specific sects of Islam who are just dedicated to killing anyone who doesn't subscribe to their own Theology. Yet while Innocent people die in my own backyard I'm expected to just zip my lip and take it out of fear of offending people. After 20 years of this B.S. I'm basically saying "To hell with that". The people in the other camp are always eager to critique and I'm really starting to wonder why I don't have that same right in my own homeland.

I'm not judging anyone, I'm speaking my mind on the subject. I'm not slamming Islam either.

I'll forgive anyone who honestly and truly want to be forgiven, In a heartbeat. The thing is, I don't see anyone seeking it.

ofcourse you have the right to be angry, it is crazy and sad when something like this happens, and it is ok to be scared.
But when we as western nations decides to go down there and bomb and kill people for not believing in the same system as we do, how are we any different??

It is not the religion which shapes crazy people like that, it is the environment we people all over the world are a part in creating, that makes people what they are! We do have some responsibility in creating a better world ourself, and we can only judge our own actions.

We cant blame the muslims or any other group for what has happen, only those involved in these actions, but we can be an example for how we want others to be, and help unite the the human race, instead of seperating ourselfs into different groups, cause we are all human, and we all have the rights to be here.

Peace

edit:

No, actually I was busy typing out your response. Patience is a Virtue. lol

I´ll give you a star for that response
Cause it´s true, an so is this:
Clean up your own backyard before you barge into someone else's

edit on 10 1 2015 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

According to WIKI
Since March 10, 1993 there have been 6 abortion doctor murders and since August 1982 6 attempted murders.

Also from wiki, since 1990 there have been 8,993 deaths by Islamic extremists in terror attacks.

and I abhor both....look, as far as I'm concerned, Muslims that chose to live in a western country, that advocate violence against that western country, should be deported, forcibly if required.....they have to adapt to the culture of their host country, not the other way around.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Should that not be that anyone from any nation or belief system that chooses to live in a place where belief systems and culture differs from there own should fully adapt and conform to said systems and beliefs.

It is essentially the same thing but more universal.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

they have to adapt to the culture of their host country, not the other way around.

Does that go for everyone

Should jews have to conform also

The fact that you are singling out Muslims to conform suggest to me that you hold some pretty serious prejudices

And how exactly are you defining western culture because in most of western Europe we are, as a culture, very tolerant of integrating other cultures into our own. And how far should the adapt, how should this be enforced how do you police this.

If we did not openly embrace other cultures and the vast differences that we all have, be it religion, sexuality, gender or even what football team you support we would be really quite a boring crowd of folks i think.

Sure they should have to conform to our pre-existing laws, that is a given but when you say they should adapt their culture what do you actually mean. Do you mean they should completely compromise their beliefs, stop going to Mosque, stop buy Ha'lah foods, change how they dress, should they effectively adapt by disbanding the religion they and their people have held onto for generations.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

No idea. Don't really care because those things are irrelevant to this thread, and are also irrelevant to you going about your daily business.
edit on 10/1/15 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I might have believe this nonsense.

Until a person reads this.

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

It's ok to lie to the 'non believers'.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join