It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the MMR Vaccine Fail?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
My daughter has had molloscum, didn't behave like this, in fact we had to cancel an operation off the back of it.

I agree it looks a little like it, but it isn't as I have been dealing with that for quite some time with my daughter.

I guess we will have to wait and see, I would be very surprised if it were, he has only had the rash since Thursday and it has spread all over his body, my daughter had it predominently in one place, with none of the facial sypmtoms he has.

If it dissappears in the next 10 days, molloscum wouldn't be the cause, as it takes up to 2 years to clear on and off.

Something to bare in mind though, as I said nothing can be discounted at this point, it is all wait and see.

Dermatologist would only be useful if this rash hangs around, if it doesn't we would never see one before it vanishes.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

Did your DR do a throat swab?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Fireflysky

No no throat swab, here in the UK, they tend to do no testing when you present as ill, they looked at his throat, and said there was a little bit of white at the back (poss on his tonsills), but said it looked fine no swelling or inflammation, he checked his chest too.

Even when I've had throat infections they don't swab, they really aren't interested in why you are sick, just to what degree you are sick and what they can prescribe to alleviate suffering.

Fortunately it is unlikely to be scarlet fever, I remember when he was two, his cheek was really pink and the doctor sent us up the hospital as she thought it might be SF, but it wasn't.

EDIT TO ADD:

The one thing the doctor said was it wasn't bacterial, which I suspected it wasn't, although the symptoms do appear similar, it isn't a perfect match for SF, this is the frustrating thing, this doctor should know what a typical case of these childhood diseases looks like, the GP I had years ago would have been able to look at my son and give some indication of what it was, nowadays this isnt the case and to be frank they are just not interested in knowing what it is.
edit on 10-1-2015 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

That is unfortunate that they don't do a throat swab. If I were you I would insist upon having one done.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fireflysky

That is unfortunate that they don't do a throat swab. If I were you I would insist upon having one done.

I like your thinking, the reason I didn't add the following to the OP is because the OP was so long.

I agree with you they should swab, they should want to know, but they don't care, the guy I saw spent most of his time berrating me for bringing him to the out of hours, saying it is viral and that there is no benefit in having a name to it is.

The doctor already made a good job of treating me as though I was wasting his time, I am ging to make a complaint because he wasn't rushed off his feet and really didn't need the attitude he displayed.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

When I had SF it did not present itself with the normal signs. The only reason my DR had suspected it was that several of his patients whom were little children had my symptoms. So many illnesses can vary from the norm.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Fireflysky

I agree, even rashes can differ slightly from person to person but still be the same disease, sadly because he is ok in himself now (which is a good thing) they really don't care what it might be, or who he infects, if he still has the rash on Monday I am going to keep him off and speak to his school about if they are happy to have him back Tuesday regardless of whether it is still there or not, or see if they can't give some advice on how they wish to proceed, they might even know if there have been any other instances with other kids recently.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

It is so sad, yet very common for many DR's to dismiss people. You are at their mercy and they act like it's nothing. I am so greatful for my family DR.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

When I had SF, I didn't actually have a fever, but I did have a red face and I had a rash that looked like pimples all over, but they disappeared after 3 days. I also didn't have the pealing afterward like the DR said I would on my hands and feet. (I only peeled a little, where as he said the palms of my hands and the bottoms of my feet would peel off in a big sheet all at once) I did have a sever migraine for a month before I was diagnosed and I am not one for migraines. I couldn't watch tv as the movement would make me vomit and sounds were intensified so much they made me vomit. Unfortunately I had the sound sensitivity for years afterward. I still hear frequencies off all electronics and certain once can induce panic or make me pass out. Maybe I did have a bit of a fever I honestly can't remember, what I do remember was the pain. I though I was going to die.
edit on 10-1-2015 by Fireflysky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Sounds like Strep. My son had a similar rash on his torso, was sick, feverish, etc. So hard when the little ones get sick and we go to the "experts" for help. My experience was that the older the kids got, the less frequently they got sick. The first years of public school were the absolute worst, especially the second and third week was when they seemed to get sick. Good luck to you.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Could the rash be coming from some medicine you are giving him for his symptoms? Could it be from something different he has eaten?

Simple things can lead to a rash, eating too much of a hot food or foods high in niacin can cause a rash. So can certain sulfur foods if the body does not process out sulfites well, but that would also lead to some asthma like symptoms in people.

Is there a new spice you are using, or have you done something like add avacados to his diet lately. Some foods can trigger a latex allergy like event. Different soap for washing clothes or something on the soap container that says new and improved? Sometimes we look at disease when something we changed caused disease symptoms.

Metabolic issues can cause many different symptoms. This is because of our personal genetics and the metabolic issues can cause a weakening of our body so we can get sick more often.

It could be one of those diseases and the vaccines aren't working, but it could be something else. Examine everything and ask around if anyone has similar symptoms who your kid hangs around with. Ask at school if they have heard of anyone else with a rash, the person picking up the phone can't tell you a name but can tell you if someone is experiencing similar symptoms if they know. The hush hush of the new school systems is going to cause more problems that they are solving. I had someone call from the school and I called them back, they couldn't tell me who called, just a young gentleman is all I was told, I asked if it was my granddaughters boyfriend and they couldn't tell me. They said they would have the kid call back. What a pain. He called back and was wondering if he could take the bus over to spend some time with the granddaughter. I said sure. He is very polite and asks if he can come over.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

He hasn't eaten anything out of the ordinary and the meds he has taken he has had numersous times with no reaction.

There is an app called Sickly, some of the schools where I live including my daughters school use it, but my son's doesn't.

Basically it allows you to record your child as being sick, so you dont have to ring school to tell them, your child won't be in.

The great thing about this is people log symptoms too, so it builds a map of what symptoms are currently trending at your school and schools who have signed up for this system in the area.

I had a look for rashes, there were 3 reports, 2 were in a secondary school, not my sons, but my sons best friend's school. He doesn't see his mate as much as he used to, but he has seen him a few times in the last month, that said his friend is well, so it's not likely, might ask him to do some digging see if he can find out who and what the rash was.

Doubt there can be a link but it's a start.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Well, it looks like you are on top of this searching for an answer. I didn't realize that schools had anything like that nowadays.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join