It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F.B.I. and Justice Dept. Said To Seek Charges for Petraeus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Here's your Friday evening news story.

www.nytimes.com...

WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. and Justice Department prosecutors have recommended bringing felony charges against retired Gen. David H. Petraeus for providing classified information to his former mistress while he was director of the C.I.A., officials said, leaving Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. to decide whether to seek an indictment that could send the pre-eminent military officer of his generation to prison.

The Justice Department investigation stems from an affair Mr. Petraeus had with Paula Broadwell, an Army Reserve officer who was writing his biography, and focuses on whether he gave her access to his C.I.A. email account and other highly classified information. F.B.I. agents discovered classified documents on her computer after Mr. Petraeus resigned from the C.I.A. in 2012 when the affair became public.

He denies granting her access to classified information and Holder was supposed to make a decision by the end of last year whether to seek prosecution but hasn't yet.

If he did stupidly allow her access to classified information then he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. He's already said he won't take a plea bargin and will take it to trial, if it ever comes to that... looking at you Holder. Maybe he's being framed? Only time will tell.
edit on 9-1-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Be interesting to see what Holder does with this. I can see it going either way.

"The public shaming and loss of blah blah blah..."

"Screw this, we need to look busy!"

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Guess the General refuses to play their game, and will fall on his sword?

I speculate that Gen Petraeus knows much of what some folk suspect in respect to the Arab spring and the covert arming of certain rebels?

Splash his name on the TV as a betrayer of his wife, and classified info, publicly reduce him, so it doesn't matter what he says, should he decide to come clean on some of the dirty work going on during the Arab spring?

I wish I had more trust in our Gov't, the more I learn and observe them I cannot help but wonder what's really going on..

So I speculate

YMMV

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Holder has no credibility left in my book. His motives have always been questionable. If he prosecutes Petraeus, I'd be left wondering why. It's not like has the best interest of America at heart.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
Holder has no credibility left in my book. His motives have always been questionable. If he prosecutes Petraeus, I'd be left wondering why. It's not like has the best interest of America at heart.

Exactly. I would go a step further and wonder why he did what he did either direction, prosecute or not. He's got an ulterior motive for everything he does.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
If Anyother grunt that gave away classified info to his mistress, he would be charged with treason dishonorably, discharged and spend the rest of his life in prison.

Petraeus is part of the 1% and will never see the inside of a lockup. Being a patrician has it's privileges. They will find an underling patsy to hang it on.
edit on 9-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

This feels like powerful people attempting to show off their power to a powerful person.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
If Anyother grunt that gave away classified info to his mistress, he would be charged with treason dishonorably, discharged and spend the rest of his life in prison.

Petraeus is part of the 1% and will never see the inside of a lockup. Being a patrician has it's privileges. They will find an underling patsy to hang it on.

I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for saying this but Petraeus has done a lot for the rest of us 99% Americans . He's not some rich old fart living off the backs of the commoners.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
If convicted he would lose his fat retirement check too.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
They might be seeking revenge....

“After America Comes North America,” Gen. Petraeus Boasts

27 June 2014

Former general and CIA chief David Petraeus (shown), a key figure in the globalist Council on Foreign Relations and the shadowy Bilderberg network, boasted at a recent conference that the United States of America is set to be merged into the continental regime being erected under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). Speaking at the Margaret Thatcher Conference on Liberty last week in London, the ex-commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan and Iraq essentially celebrated the end of U.S. independence — and by extension, the demise of the Constitution.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

It's possible he may be the victim of a honey trap. You'd think a CIA director would not fall for one but sex can be a powerful weapon.

edit on 1/9/2015 by dezertdog because: verbage

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I remember the days that i was in, Senior officers losing all rank etc for doing such seemingly stupid things as black marketing cigarettes and other goods to make extra cash, there is someone, or something else behind this issue being pushed, there could be some loss of information that we do not have any concept of what it may have done or whose hands it could have fallen into, I'm just saying

Small fish get fried everyday for such stupidity, why not the big fish, what makes them more honorable or better than any of their subordinates that they are supposed to set an example for, one has to remember that the military easily plays that card a lot, you lead by example, if you do something that you'd sign an article 15 for on one of your troops, what do you expect is suppose to happen to you? just think, I'm just a vet talking, and i know some will disagree but hey, you have to be squeaky clean.

But again, there is something pushing this.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
They might be seeking revenge....

“After America Comes North America,” Gen. Petraeus Boasts

27 June 2014

Former general and CIA chief David Petraeus (shown), a key figure in the globalist Council on Foreign Relations and the shadowy Bilderberg network, boasted at a recent conference that the United States of America is set to be merged into the continental regime being erected under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). Speaking at the Margaret Thatcher Conference on Liberty last week in London, the ex-commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan and Iraq essentially celebrated the end of U.S. independence — and by extension, the demise of the Constitution.

December 9, 2012

While the media may have covered the disastrous affair of CIA Director David Petraeus and his biographer Paula Broadwell in detail, it overlooked his successful effort to further militarize the Central Intelligence Agency(CIA.) “Petraeus …leaves behind an agency that has strayed from intelligence to paramilitary activities,” reports Jeremy Scahill in The Nation.

-
OPINION: Petraeus Knows ... A Lot of Stuff.

( and/or yea, a story to ... keep an eye on )

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Be interesting to see what Holder does with this. I can see it going either way.

I can see him having a heart attack before anything is ever decided upon either way. JMO

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I would hope so.
But they are eminently the wrong charges against the wrong perpetrators.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I suspect that the general was think about running for office on the GOP side and the long knives came out from the other side all prepared to cut his legs off.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

He's the scapegoat like Ollie was. # our government.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I concur.

Not sure what the charges are, seems like smoke and mirrors. I do not know of anyone ever being charged with Adultery under the UCMJ. Not sure if they can make a case with him giving her classified info.
edit on 10-1-2015 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I can see him having a heart attack before anything is ever decided upon either way. JMO

Yeah, and there will be far more to it that most will never, ever know…..as well.
And that gets us absolutely nowhere…..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join