It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthsea (Sci-Fi Channel miniseries)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Anybody see this?

I thought it was pretty good so far, with the protaganist being a combo of the apprentice from Dragonslayer and Harry Potter, hehe... Very rich world and visuals though, good music, and of course Kristen's simply hot

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I could only make it through a part of this...some of the actors really couldn't act, the boys father for one....I was so looking forward to this show......DH made it through a bit longer than I did. Big disappointment for me

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I doubt that a Sci-Fi Network (as much as I love them) treatment of these novels could ever approach the books in this case.

I couldn't bring myself to watch it.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I was pretty excited when I heard about this, but decided to give it a pass after reading Ursula Le Guin's website and her comments on it.

I think her closing paragraph sums it up best:

I wonder if the people who made the film of The Lord of the Rings had ended it with Frodo putting on the Ring and ruling happily ever after, and then claimed that that was what Tolkien "intended..." would people think they'd been "very, very honest to the books"?

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
It was still entertaining...and I'm definitely going to read the books. I usually try and see a movie before reading the book to avoid the disappointment, hehe...

I think the ONLY time that didn't happen was with Harry Potter. When I saw that movie, it was JUST as I pictured it while reading the books, and I was completely blown away by that...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Going to have to disagree with you on this one. I found myself drifting in and out while watching it.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Well, it helps that Lana Lang is hot, hehe...
and that I love even cheesy swords and sworcery movies....

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The thing that got me was the ending. I just kept thinking to myself: What? That's it? That's all you're giving me? When the bat-men got loose it got interesting, but then the bottom just dropped out of the whole thing.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It's supposedly a longer series of novels...so it's kind of like the middle movie in a trilogy..leaves you hanging....sigh..

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I suppose that I am just pissed because I was waiting the length of the show to see what was behind the door and you only see them for one scene.

top topics

join