It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking Abduction Debunkers

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I myself often argue against the alien hypothesis (except when I'm not doing so. There's so many different experiences, and possible sources of them, that frankly it's hard to come to a conclusion) however it's difficult not to notice the stories of the ancient celts. I mean they basically had the greys and the nordics with their own names, seeming kidnapping and time displacement, and they considered it "fey" -- while we consider it "alien" apparently -- but it seems clear that somewhere along the line the same energy's involved.

For that matter, look at the ancient Vedic stuff (see Thompson's "Alien Identities" book. Geez I hate that title -- and the foreword -- but it's a GOOD book) -- there just isn't any way to see that without it being totally obvious that much of the stuff we're hearing about now is the SAME stuff that was present -- even far more open -- way back then.

And some of the other really fun stuff can't be ignored, like the Dogon myths...

So, will today's stories pass? Well using hypnosis for them might. Using the word 'aliens' might. But if the ancient history of our own planet -- and radically different areas of it, no less -- is echoed in the present, it seems unlikely that 'in general' the overall nature of the stories of today are going to change or vanish forever, imo.

RC

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

how did you arrive at thinking like that about the phemonena , theres been far less interesting/gruesome story's that have withstood the ages. seems that even over the decades the abductions phenomena , and the whole arena of alien visitation , has been phenomenal . its imprint is here to stay in my eyes

there is a phenomenon but my personal feeling is that has nothing to do with physical beings from another planet. I think over time that those stories will fade and be considered some sort of psychological reaction to our rapid advances in technology or something along those lines. Unless the evidence changes, we will be stuck here and I don't think people 200 years from now will be rehashing the same old stories without advancing.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

how did you arrive at thinking like that about the phemonena , theres been far less interesting/gruesome story's that have withstood the ages. seems that even over the decades the abductions phenomena , and the whole arena of alien visitation , has been phenomenal . its imprint is here to stay in my eyes

there is a phenomenon but my personal feeling is that has nothing to do with physical beings from another planet. I think over time that those stories will fade and be considered some sort of psychological reaction to our rapid advances in technology or something along those lines. Unless the evidence changes, we will be stuck here and I don't think people 200 years from now will be rehashing the same old stories without advancing.

I suspect that the "stories" will morph to fit the agenda of those in power (and I don't mean alien overlords) as has happened with Christianity to cite but one example. This is a religion in the making and religion always reflects the ruling class and serves their agenda. In order for this to work to serve their agenda, a group has to be identified as posing a huge threat (Reptoids?) and another has to be identified as the good side. The masses have to be whipped into frenzies of fear and hatred of the bad guys and devotion/loyalty to the good guys. I wouldn't be surprised if a single alien being emerges as the savior. As a sociological study, this is fascinating. It's also terrifying watching how gullible and willing, even eager, some people are to be sucked into this.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

do you hear a lot of storey of unicorns abducting people ? anal probing them with their horns ? pixie's helping them.. no ?

Here is my favorite example:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

there is a phenomenon but my personal feeling is that has nothing to do with physical beings from another planet. I think over time that those stories will fade and be considered some sort of psychological reaction to our rapid advances in technology or something along those lines

I suppose we could have some mass movie, book , information burning sometime in the future , it might be a bit of an extreme path to get there, but how else are you to fade the storey ?

it that same old problem rearing its ugly head again , no serious toolkit to properly analyse the phenomena

Unless the evidence changes, we will be stuck here and I don't think people 200 years from now will be rehashing the same old stories without advancing.

you seem to be referring to the hypothetical scenario I spoke about earlier ,. in that scenario I said that the integration event had already happened , and postulated upon some nutjob committing genocide against the newcomers , in this future scenario there is no doubt the aliens are here , what im asking is whether it plausible that debunking the abduction phenomena now ,would save potential nutjobs from researching our present finding/story's and finding some nasty stains on the visitors resume
for instance if they turned out looking like greys

funbox

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

ide hardly call that being forced , he was offered gifts and choices , not paralysed and probed, and besides the storeys been bastardized so many times it hard to get a grip on what happened , not exactly a first hand account
and not a mention of a unicorn

funbox

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Was Thomas Rhymer real? Are his stories authentic? How are they different in kind from abduction stories? Have they been covered up by government?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
supposedly he was

are his storys authentic? well, they're real storeys
, did the events unfold as written... how could I possibly say , given the amount of bastadization. in part of the storey, it looks like tales from the garden of eden are borrowed

en.wikipedia.org...

I think they're different in many ways ,although the protagonists maybe the same there was no force in this storey , he wasn't taken against his will

are you talking about todays government? covering up history's storeys ? why would they do something like that ?

funbox

edit on 7-2-2015 by funbox because: w

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I suppose we could have some mass movie, book , information burning

Why? Could actually be required reading to illustrate the ignorance of our culture.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

required reading for everyone? I doubt a group will ever form, this emotionally driven species will be the same emotionally driven species as it was 200 years ago. as it will be 200 years from now.. am I being conservative with the 200 figure?

for the past to remain in the past you would have to have a informational purge, kind of like burning down of Alexandria
a flood ,etc

funbox

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

I suppose we could have some mass movie, book , information burning

Why? Could actually be required reading to illustrate the ignorance of our culture.

At Starfleet Academy?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

don't get your hopes up , it would be a specially adapted academy for you two
, special facility's , with staff having the universal understanding that brothers can stay conjoined if they so desire, and still lead a fruitfull , and happy life

funbox

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

At Starfleet Academy?

Nahh. Im thinking more like community college

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

why not start pre-birth? , in the future we could have nano-teachers injected into the womb , make sure them future foetuses are told there why's and wherefores

funbox

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DarthFazer

Since you mentioned this, I thought I would dig up the video.

Respected and accredited Dr. Leir removed implants from people and had them tested.

The agencies testing the implants did not know where the samples originated, and declared them extremely rare and originating from meteorites.

Of course debunkers have no explanation for this, except for the usual sad fallback position that Dr. Leir "faked" this, for which of course there is no evidence.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Of course debunkers have no explanation for this, except for the usual sad fallback position that Dr. Leir "faked" this, for which of course there is no evidence.

Other than the fact that we only have is word on it. If you sent a shaving of meteoric iron to a chemist, they would tell you it was almost certainly "extraterrestrial in origin" due to radioisotope ratios. That doesn't prove it was ever in anyone's head.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

For my next thread: Debunking of the debunking alien abduction debunkers.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Well even if we proved it was in someone's head we could not prove who put it there. It's entirely possible more mundane sources are doing that kind of thing.

It's impossible to prove to every individual on earth who doubts that person-X "is not lying" about something whether they are a doctor or scientist or just a layman. There is plenty of evidence in other 'non-mainstream' fields that ranges from physically testable to many-decades of replicable science which is still ignored fully, so I wouldn't expect this to be any different, even if the means of collection had been different.

One good way to stop people thinking and talking about anything is by pre-invalidating the source of of stuff even if it was merely food-for-thought anyway (this can also have a dose of implied ridicule added, lest they be un-smart enough to have an open mind). It's not much different than having a conversation with the guy down the street in a way: maybe he's telling you about his job, or what's going on with the housing authority, but at some point you have to take what people are saying at face value at least temporarily in order to even have a conversation about it. Of course there is always a chance that anything is not what it seems, but if the distrust is to THAT degree, that's the time a person shouldn't even be in the conversation, since what would be the point by then.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Here is a good video with Whitley Strieber and another woman recounting their abduction experiences.

It must be difficult to come forward with such traumatic experiences. It is thought that only 5%-10% of all UFO sightings/encounters are reported, and even fewer abductions are reported, due to the fact that most people have no memory of them, if there are memories they are very disjointed, and info learned in hypno-therapy can be shocking and embarrassing.

When the doctor examined Whitely the next day, the doctor said it looked like he had been raped. And he was living with his wife and small child in a remote cabin in upstate New York.

edit on 19-2-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: grammar, syntax and context

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   

It is thought that only 5%-10% of all UFO sightings/encounters are reported, and even fewer abductions are reported, due to the fact that most people have no memory of them, if there are memories they are very disjointed, and info learned in hypno-therapy can be shocking and embarrassing.

Of course, this statistic is entirely made up. There is absolutely no data to support it. It is like saying "23% of all unicorns have mottled fur." This is one of the reasons no serious psychologist takes this "research" seriously.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36 >>

join