It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking Abduction Debunkers

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: Scdfa

Sorry, but I stand by my opinion. And I am entitled to it. Furthermore, your insistence on labeling me a "believer" is scurrilous.

A "believer" is the last thing I would call you....and probably the least "scurrilous" thing on my list.

Trust me, you don't want to know what words come to mind.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa

NONE OF YOU are really interested in learning from me. You show no intellectual curiosity whatsoever. You're only interested in supporting your status as True Disbelievers. You are far more interested in convincing yourselves that I know as little as you do.

On the contrary, we've learned quite a bit from your posts.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

NONE OF YOU are really interested in learning from me. You show no intellectual curiosity whatsoever. You're only interested in supporting your status as True Disbelievers. You are far more interested in convincing yourselves that I know as little as you do.

On the contrary, we've learned quite a bit from your posts.

See? No intellectual curiosity. Just banal sarcasm. I expected nothing more. This is America, though, you have the right to know as little as you want.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

How about discussing the issue?

Discuss what these abductees have told not only Dr. Jacobs but others looking in alien abductions. Are you capable of that? Or would that bring you too close to saying something relevant?

Here is the issue that I have brought up several times. I even have direct quotes from Jacobs. He admits to collecting samples and sending them of for analysis but forgot where he sent them! He hasn't provided any data. My guess is that he has a stock pile of panties covered in his own DNA or he is flat out lying.

We have really no idea what ANY "abductee" has told Jacobs. All we have is his word and 180 hours of recorded sessions with Emma Woods to go by. And if you listen to the recordings and think that we shouldn't be questioning the totality of his work, then you probably just want to believe more then you want actual answers. Personally I have no idea if Jacobs is a fraud. He could be just a dude with personality disorder who is prone to extreme fantasy. Perhaps even delusional.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Trust me, you don't want to know what words come to mind.
To be honest, I have no idea which posts of mine cause you to have an issue with me. Perhaps just discuss the actual issues and not me? Yes, I disagree with you and have expressed exactly why. Is that it?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

So ask me a specific question about aliens, their ships, abductions, I will answer as far as I am able. I certainly do not have all the answers, but I can add a tiny piece to the puzzle. I thought ATS might be he place to do that, I was woefully wrong.

First, would you be so kind to explain your secret job and how that relates to your abductions? Which came first, the abductions or the job?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

NONE OF YOU are really interested in learning from me. You show no intellectual curiosity whatsoever

Why don't you start a thread in the Grey Area? I think you will find a lot of people who will ask you all kinds of things. Heck, you might even get a cult like following for a few days. This thread attracted a lot of attention from the skeptical crowd so I am not sure why you are complaining about why they aren't interested in you especially after you called everyone "deniers". Which was very hurtful by the way.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

This thread attracted a lot of attention from the skeptical crowd so I am not sure why you are complaining about why they aren't interested in you especially after you called everyone "deniers". Which was very hurtful by the way.

No it wasn't.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

(for me) Sleep paralysis starts immediately in that first moment of falling asleep. All I can say is the "loud buzzing" sound is the most prominent part of this for me. That and the overwhelming feeling of being paralyzed. Those two things are the most striking part of the experience. As far as the "hallucination" part, I really cant tell if my eyes are opened or closed BUT I definitely know when they are open and I am truly awake. The part that's odd is that I cant tell while I'm in the state until I notice something out of place and then I am right back in bed frozen.

this sounds more like a false awakening which happens in R.E.M, "when you notice something out of place" are you out of bed examining something? how do you get "right back in bed frozen"? can you feel temperature? hot/ cold?

to me , it sounds like your dreaming

I definitely hear things. The only beings I see are people that are supposed to be there except for one time where there was this feeling of the presence of some demon thing and things were flying around the room but that memory is fuzzy and I may not be remembering it correctly. I have definitely felt like I was floating before maybe more like tumbling.

it sounds as if you need some regression, the clarity of the demon description and events of things flying around the room could be indicative of a poltergeist , but with your fuzzy memory , it could be an sign of memory tampering, or simply a dream in which you cannot quite remember , hence the fuzziness of memory.

I probably don't see Aliens because I was aware what it was early on. I was in college when they first started and I was studying psych so I definitely came across it. The "buzzing" is really loud and definitely feels electrical or something not natural. You definitely could think that an alien is zapping you. Perhaps if that is your first thought, then maybe aliens would naturally follow? I really don't know. My first time I thought I was having a seizure.

your psy course would have grounded you in many principle of rhyme and reason, but being at college you would have been a viable target of pranks ,tricks and shenanigans from your fellow classmates , don't necessarily believe that the 'buzzing' wasn't down to them
someone from the science dorms even
of course discounting your fellow students , Aliens would be there high up in the potentials , somewhere after dreaming maybe ?

My first time I thought I was having a seizure

did you eliminate temporal lobe epilepsy ?

All I can say is that all the elements seem to be there. Its a really strange state. When I read about an abduction account and it starts with "I was in bed and then there was loud buzzing and I was paralyzed" well I am certain its sleep paralysis unless aliens zap you and paralyze you. Even the abduction questionnaire asks the very question. "Have you ever awoken found yourself paralyzed with beings in your room." So if you come across this question in the abduction study and you aren't aware of SP and this has happened, you may suspect aliens at this point. And why are you answering the alien abduction questionnaire in the first place? So I suppose your suspicions have now been confirmed.

I strongly urge you to visit a psychologist or hypnotherapist, your descriptions of your experiences display a confusion that is beyond my scope to unravel , your memory gaps ,and blurriness of memory indicate this well enough, all the elements seem to be there , I know this maybe difficult for someone well versed in phycology, but I implore you , not to be tempted to go the route of self analysis , cooks don't cook themselves food when they have forgotten where they left the poison, tincture could lead to misdiagnosis

and got get yourself scanned, just to be on the safe side of error.

Now consider that you want to pursue this matter further and decide to recover some lost memories of your weird alien encounter. Now if there really is no memory to recover (not that hypnosis would help anyway) and hypnosis can produce false memory, the rest of the scenario could be created.

I hope you do go , but don't go with a negative attitude into it, stay as neutral as possible, and make sure your hypnotherapist is as neutral as possible , autosuggestion has no place in helping someone to enhance there memory by relaxation techniques/regression/hypnotherapy/whatever they label it as , but I do hope you go, even if there's no memory's to be ironed out,

funbox

edit on 14-1-2015 by funbox because: missing time and words

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

originally posted by: funbox

does sleep paralysis come before or after R>E>M sleep,? cant have the hallucinations without being in rem,and if your in rem you wouldn't be awake to realise you was paralysed, could the fear generated by this realisation bring on powerful hallucinations of alien beings?

Just why or how it happens isn't clear. Researchers believe sleep paralysis is caused by a disturbed rapid eye movement cycle because it mostly happens as people are falling into or coming out of REM sleep. During that stage, their brains normally paralyze their muscles anyway -- so they don't act out their dreams. But during sleep paralysis, the sleeper is awake, or half awake, and so is aware she cannot move.

www.webmd.com...

This happened to me, as quoted from another thread:

One night about 15 years ago I was sleeping on the sofabed in the basement when I was suddenly shocked awake. I felt like I was being pressed face down into the bed with a tremendous weight, unable to move or cry out.

The paralysis itself is frequently accompanied by additional phenomena. Typical examples include a feeling of being crushed or suffocated,

I had a sense of presence, as if there were small beings in the darkness around my bed.

the imagined presence of a visible or invisible entity,

There was a deafening buzz... like a billion cicadas,

Humming, roaring, hissing, rushing, zapping, and buzzing noises are frequent in conjunction with sleep paralysis.

and just over the sound I heard "you will not have this technology for another 2000 years".

imagined speech and other noises,

Then suddenly everything was normal.

This only happened once in my lifetime [so far]. I'm not saying definitively that it was an HSP episode, but it does seem to fit that explanation.

Sleep paralysis has been proposed as an explanation for at least some alien abduction experiences, the Oight Hag and shadow people hauntings

en.wikipedia.org...

are you and Zeta Siamese twins?
you can be the second witness at his hypnotherapy session, im sure the therapist will put you under after and the favour can be returned

fullcirclebox

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

to me , it sounds like your dreaming

Yes, sleep paralysis hallucinations are very much like dreams. And they are very confusing and yes my memory of the details have faded and have been distorted over the years. I have had 3 sleep studies done and have discussed them with an actual Dr who is actually qualified to diagnose someone with sleep disorders. Not my history professor. But thanks for your "insightful" post.
edit on 14-1-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

do you realize how common this is?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

edit on 14-1-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox

No... it's just that common.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

to be fair , and joking aside

One night about 15 years ago I was sleeping on the sofabed in the basement when I was suddenly shocked awake. I felt like I was being pressed face down into the bed with a tremendous weight, unable to move or cry out.

dam,.. Zeta must have had the share of the calories/stomach back then, quite simply your brother had rolled on you in your sleep.

I had a sense of presence, as if there were small beings in the darkness around my bed.

your brother... but I sense a lack of clarification. Something that can maybe be ironed out with some neutrally administered regression.

There was a deafening buzz... like a billion cicadas

your brothers mates from the science dorm, very funny

and just over the sound I heard "you will not have this technology for another 2000 years".

what a finale from the lads , so full of intrigue and connecting/un-connecting jest

Then suddenly everything was normal.

they'd scarpered and you were both left awake and befuddled

This only happened once in my lifetime [so far]. I'm not saying definitively that it was an HSP episode, but it does seem to fit that explanation.

I agree, no finite's here , you should both go for some neutrally administered regression, maybe you both are just beginning to peal back the skin of an amazing story

funbox

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Oh I get it. You think you are making a point.

Crazy posting guy! That nobody has clue what you're talking about half the time. Amazing

zetabox

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Oh I get it. You think you are making a point.

a point? a punch line maybe/maybe you can think of one

Crazy posting guy! That nobody has clue what you're talking about half the time. Amazing

o dear , I don't know weather to laugh or cry
but im glad to see you speak for all , or is that a knitting circle you are in?

*sniff sniff*

funbox

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

or is that a knitting circle you are in?
damn, I was hoping you would go for "don't get your panties in a bunch". At least that would have been on topic.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

*sniff sniff* would you like to borrowing my exploding magnesium gif ? *sniff sniff* only used once

ridiculous/ridiculeBox

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

or is that a knitting circle you are in?
damn, I was hoping you would go for "don't get your panties in a bunch". At least that would have been on topic.

I would have but I don't think your brother would have approved

funbox

*ok ill stop now + stars allround for being such good sports

edit on 14-1-2015 by funbox because: egoscentric wolves triumphantly parade about in abducted pantie residue

edit on 14-1-2015 by funbox because: for sibling accuracy

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join