It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe it isn't about cartoons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I found this article on The Telegraph (UK) www.telegraph.co.uk... hat-if-were-wrong.html, and I think they're on to something.

Maybe it's actually about FREEDOM.

...just my opinion.

edit on 9-1-2015 by davidchin because: need to delete this duplicate - please fix - thank you

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: davidchin

Bad link fix it please

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
OP here you go:

What If We Were Wrong?

link   
posted twice OP and the link is broken

link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

try www.telegraph.co.uk... ong.html

there's a problem with the link when I try to past. you have to add "ong.html" to the link. somehow it can't get the long URL in on one line

edit on 9-1-2015 by davidchin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

edit on 9/1/15 by ccseagull because: Link is up (have deleted text from link)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme
thanks for getting the link in. not sure how to do it the right way - didn't work when I tried somehow

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

So having read that I personally don't think there is any rationalization when dealing with these extremists.

And really, the best evidence would be the mere fact of the beheadings that still occurred after the victims renounced their own faith.

I think these people are crazy and fuelled by hate so thick that nothing will penetrate. They will use any excuse to jump on anyone else.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

No worries. What you do is:

Click the "insert a link to a page or site" button, it's the 6th button in the row, looks like a box with an outgoing arrow.

Type what you want the link to appear as, for instance, instead of www._____.com, you can use a short title to sum up the article.

Then after you enter it, you can paste the address into the box.

Should work.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I have read it OP,

Seems to me to be the opinion of one guy, but i can see what he is saying yet I disagree with him.

The ideology these guys follow, assuming they were trained by AQAP does not really fit with his line of thought.

They do want to encourage more muslims to join their cause, that is one reason for the attacks.

But the target selection is entirely based on those cartoons, a depiction of the prophet is one of the most offensive things in Islam.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
You're right. Maybe it isn't just about the cartoons. Maybe it's the ****** and their friend ***** that organised the attack just like on 7/7 and 9/11

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It's not about cartoons.

It is about a perceived slight to Muhammad and Islam.

Unlike the rest of the civilized world, they take their religion so serious that even a satirical cartoon can receive the wraith of Allah and Muhammad.

Al Qaeda Yemen branch takes responsibility for attacks

www.pbs.org...

Nothing good will come of this for them.

Next target for NATO: Yemen

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Just more PC, Brit propaganda. From the article: "On the whole, I'm not sure that's very likely. I don't think the terrorists "win" if we fail to reproduce cartoons. I think the terrorists "win" if we leap up, gulp down their bait – and hate Muslims."

Love the Muslims and they'll stop killing people.

Good luck with that. At some point the adults will find it necessary to take appropriate action to end this.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Its not about religion. Religion is a facade.

Religion has always been a facade for those who wish to claim power and dominion over others.

Why? Because religion is the word of men claiming to interpret what a supposed divine entity wants, when - by definition - an actual divine entity would simply be able to remove all the things it didn't want from existence.

All these fundamenalist idiots are doing is trying to exercise power, and using a religion as an excuse.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Whatever their motives are, destroy the rotten bastards. Send a message. I'm not psychoanalyzing the murderers. Someone probably did that already and gave them the idea. As freedom is concerned, I can see the lack of it in their future. That is to say if the French don't shoot them outright.

It's not about win or lose. It's about sane and insane.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

edit on 9-1-2015 by smurfy because: Fix already done.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: davidchin
I found this article on The Telegraph (UK) www.telegraph.co.uk... hat-if-were-wrong.html, and I think they're on to something.

Maybe it's actually about FREEDOM.

...just my opinion.

Maybe its really about a FALSE FLAG, to eventually make you clamor to have your FREEDOMS taken away so that you can be safe from THEM. Meanwhile TPTB will be laughing their asses off at your stupidity.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Great article, and right on, IMO. These killers aren't "religious". They don't give a flying fig if someone represents Mohammad. They just need ANYTHING as an excuse to kill people.

I don't think the terrorists "win" if we fail to reproduce cartoons. I think the terrorists "win" if we leap up, gulp down their bait – and hate Muslims.

I so totally agree! So, to all who hate Muslims because of this incident (or 9/11 or others), congratulations for being completely hoodwinked and helping the terrorists to "win"!

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
Its not about religion. Religion is a facade.

Religion has always been a facade for those who wish to claim power and dominion over others.

Why? Because religion is the word of men claiming to interpret what a supposed divine entity wants, when - by definition - an actual divine entity would simply be able to remove all the things it didn't want from existence.

All these fundamenalist idiots are doing is trying to exercise power, and using a religion as an excuse.

I tried to say that last night elsewhere on ATS, it's not limited to those on the ground though, there's big money, (ironically) behind it.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
What took anyone so long to figure this out, really?

Make people hate and turn on Muslims, and those Muslims become disenfranchised, excluded. They feel alone, afraid, and angry. And who's looking for people that fit that mold? Well... the guys committing these attacks. Terrorist organizations are essentially bottom-feeders. they take the disparate and desperate, the disaffected and angry people, and they say "We will help you, if you help us," or they spin tales of glory and revenge and all of that. here and there, someone will listen, and that's ll the group needs. Dribs and drabs of recruits can be turned into scores of dead people, more fear, more hatred.

It's all part of the fundamentalist goal of religious "Purity." They see Muslims living in majority non-Muslim lands as a risk - these men and women might be "corrupted." So, they need to be split out from those communities. Isolated. Once isolated, they can be recruited - or culled - as the fundamentalists see fit. It's why, in Majority-Muslim nations and regions, minority sects of Islam are just as targeted and brutalized; see the Shia of Saudi Arabia or the Yazidi in Iraq and Syria.

The best counter to terrorism is to police and arrest offenders and plotters, and not let their goals impact you. The goal of terrorism is to force the people into thinking the way terrorists want them to think. And pardon me, but i don't think anyone, even some cretin willing to strap C4 to his nipples to kill people in a pizzeria, is going to think doing so will make people embrace his espoused cause.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join