It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Cut To The Chase, Cut The Crap, And Talk About Radical Terrorism On A Real Level

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Auricom

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: Hefficide

Stupid stupid analogy.

Oh he knows it, but he's so caught up in being a Muslim apologist and deflector of Muslim criticism.

I do not have to stick up for Heff for he is quite capable of doing that himself.. I do believe his purpose of this thread was/is to make people consider, a blind hatred of the many for the actions of the few, is not justified.. Which I tend to agree with.. However, as many other posters have said or indicated...... some of the radical beliefs seem to act like cancer cells and spread until what was once a living kind being is turned into a warrior for Allah. Islam , submit or die.. and even worse... submit to whoever is carrying the knife or AK even if you are a Muslim but not their brand... The whole submit thingy does not work for many of the different sub sects... for they seem just as prone to kill a believer as an infidel.. Plenty of videos and news reports of Muslim killing Muslim or the old rape pillage and plunder story which unfortunately is alive and well..

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
In the West, there have been centuries of adjustment to the bible and various branches of Christianity to turn it from a crusading, conquering ethos into one that emphasises peace and just "getting along"
Islam still has that process to go through and until there's a "Mosque of England " which subordinates it's teachings to the laws of the land and the spirit of those laws, I can't see much changing.

If that could be achieved, there'd be a lot less problems between secular and religious communities.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: 727Sky

About ten years ago I got jumped in a bar by a Budweiser delivery guy because he got it in his head that my date was flirting with him and he cold cocked me out of the blue.

Does that mean that all Budweiser delivery guys are violent cheap shot artists? Should we ban them?

The whole concept of thinking of a massive plurality with a singular lens is irrational and the point of this thread. Europe may well have a different set of problems to face regarding Islam than the US does - I can't argue that as I only know what I read and discuss regarding Europe. But to think that there is even a remote chance that it would happen in the US is in the realm near impossibility. We have our own violent religious fundamentalists waging their own holy war here.

Like I said, the overall Northern Hemisphere goodness and level headed idealism represented in your OP made me star and flag this, because that is the way want it to be, our overall awareness having experienced freedoms and democracy and human rights for a long era.

BUT, burying ones head in the sand and comparing apples and oranges here does not help. I am not willing to sacrifice the future our nations and freedoms and my children and future grandchildren to a tryanny that is growing, and a violence we don't experience on our own.

There is a reason for this tyranny, whether as I believe its orchestrated by the elite or on its own, within certain nations and cultures, a certain type of threat, unbelievable in this day and age mind you, when we should be space age with international solutions and no poverty, both freedoms and progressive abundance and space age---- a certain kind of threat that still comes out of certain fundamental extremist thinking that is embraced to various degrees by even their moderates or it would not be happening. The tools couldn't exist for this elite if there wasn't a problem with the thinking in those areas.

And political correctness that murders democracy, freedom and your own children's future, is not acceptable. It also makes me want to vomit.

And I'm a person who posted the Roses of Iran video and signed their petitions and has been on the side of the freedom and equality of women and children in the middle east since I was a child, and care very very very very very very very very much for the safety and wellbeing of all of them, in fact higher ups come in to try and free everyone.

But that is not happening via the current trend of our governments to commit treason and bring in high risk situations to our nations.

Norway for example, was one of the best countries on earth. It seems the Elite have deliberately targetted the best to try and take them out first.
edit on 14-1-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join