It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police failures during recent hostage crises.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Also this video which does not show the hostage taker being killed, however, am curious of the man at 1:16 with the long coat and baseball cap, he is moved away and then later is casually seen crossing the road in opposite direction, might be nothing, but wouldn't you want all the rescued hostages in same place so you could get them to hospital / interview them etc? You wouldn't just let hem roam around or would you?

Youtube Video Some Graphic

CX

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Sky News have just been saying that intelligence services are now believing the wanted woman may be in Syria and went there as early as Jan 2nd.

Surely a hostage can confirm if she was in the grocers or not?

CX.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: fedeykin

I can agree With you that the police didnt do this by the book.

But both entrances were covered. There were police on the back door as well. Probably why the terrorist ran out the front door. How the terrorist managed to come to the front door like he did is amaizing. But it proves that the team standing at the front door never did they job properly.

But back to how these Things are done.

When a team enter a building/room. There are specific rutines for how this is done. I didnt see any of that in this case.

WHen you use two teams like they did. They had their initial positions the way it is supposed to be. But they didnt enter the room properly. I could even see one police put him self in the line of fire from the other police.

WHen you enter a room With two teams Right and left on the door. You fan out right and left from the door. Right team move into the room and stick to the right. Left team enter the room and stick to the left. Last two in stand in the middle just inside the door.

The other thing i noticed was that as the door opened they were standing up waiting for the door to open high enough. Why didnt the two first in line start on their knees? From that position you can start securing/shoot a lot faster.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The police state works best against law abiding citizens or minor criminals. Outmatched by really evil men.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CX

Yes all over twitter at the moment saying she fled, really wondering why all hostages were not ushered to same location so they could seek medical assistance and be interviewed, I understand in this situation it was slightly chaotic but someone must have been assigned to get the hostages and take them to safety, there are at least 3 I have seen in the videos who go off in complete opposite direction and wander off to be never seen again in any footage.

I am also wondering if they were able to hack in to shop CCTV surely they would have known if she was there or not plus the shop worker who escaped must have also told the Police, together with this, the reports pretty mush right after it happened and when images of both of them were released said she was with him, then it changed to a male who has escaped.

Probably just turn out to be cruddy reporting during a fast moving event but still, if they're not sure why say anything.

CX

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: civpop

Operation Nimrod was a classic example of why you grab every person in there, hostages too and process them before releasing them. One was hiding in amongst the hostages on the back lawn until someone pointed him out to the SAS.

CX.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join