It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

28 House Democrats Defy Obama, Join GOP to Pass Keystone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

originally posted by: TheArrow
A pipeline we don't need to pump shale oil that is too expensive to produce.

Nice work, congress.

AND right UNDER THE MAJOR FRESH WATER AQUAFER FOR THE MID WEST U.S.

www.nytimes.com... -aquifer

The author is only a hydro geologist....what does he know about aquifier right?

Sorry your link doesn't work, page not found. Even though I was unable to read the article, I see that some scientist says that the risk is minimal.... are you willing to risk it? After all there's never any accidents and spills from big oil, right?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Yeah, I get your point. I'll have to concede there. At least people will make money building and maintaining it. Now, if we could fix government, we would be in business.
edit on 9-1-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

Now, if we could fix government, we would be in business.

I am beginning to think that they don't make a large enough hammer for that fix it job.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Sorry about the link...seems the length of it won't work in my post. Cheers for the repost that works xuenchen!

I'm with the hydro geologist geek I guess. His arguments are sound and and spill in vulnerable places could be contained.

There is risk in crossing the street...I still do that. It's all in how much. Pipelines have an excellent history when maintained properly as the materials and methods are very well understood now. Government needs to watch these capitalist dogs so they don't risk the environment instead of maintaining it!

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Not to mention Buffet and BNSF who totally support Obama-and want the oil to go via rail which has far more spills than any pipeline- and their lobby crowd.

Not to mention NONE of the oil is destined for China whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
A company in South Bend that built the control houses for it were scheduled in September to start calibrating them in March. They have been delivered and paid for .

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Thats awsome, a couple thousand jobs will be created for a few years to build a faster way for china to get oil from canadian tar sands. Great for the environment too, those awsome lakes,forest and farm land will be poluted, but hey the right wingers got there way right, lol.

But the Left Wing backed railroads spill more oil than you can count.

Doesn't Buffet like own most of the rail roads ?

And Buffet backs the administration.

I am thinking why the keystone was stonewalled for so long.

Glad it passed.
edit on 9-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Not passed until Obama says it's passed. So far that isn't looking likely to be honest as his Veto pen is in hand I hear...

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky
a reply to: neo96

Not passed until Obama says it's passed. So far that isn't looking likely to be honest as his Veto pen is in hand I hear...

And with enough Democrat support, Obama's "veto" could get over-ridden.

possible.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
In real news - many MORE Democrats were expected to support this bill than did in the end.

Keystone passed, but will be vetoed by President Obama. It's a complete waste of time and Republicans knew that it was going to be vetoed BEFORE they even voted on it.

When are they actually going to start working on bills that will help AMERICANS?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Shipping oil by rail is so much safer. Just ask the residents of Lac Megantic.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I know! Just look at the horrible shape of the environment where the Alaskan pipeline is!

.....oh wait....

That pipeline isn't run by the company with the worst oil spill record. This pipeline is totally unnecessary all it is being built for is to increase profits for the oil companies also they will pay no taxes on it because it is going to a foreign tax free port. They want the government to pay for it to be built in the long run it will cost more jobs than it creates all the gas from it is for export only and will raise the price of gas here in the states. It's amazing to see all the pro China as long as America gets screwed people here in this thread. Hopefully Obama will find the balls to veto it.

For once, I agree with you Buster. Under the pretense of job creation, we'll be shipping our gas out, lessening our own supplies to justify the coming higher prices here.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

xuenchen is right. We're about due for a congressional veto override. Only a handful of presidents since the 1860's have none. Obama has none under his belt yet right now that I am aware, but this could be the first and may not be the last.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

When are they actually going to start working on bills that will help AMERICANS?

The ones that might matter the most will be vetoed too

Obama is Dr. NO

Obama is jealous and full of animosity

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
59 reps plus 28 dems... isn't that a veto proof majority? if Obama vetoes it knowing he will be shot down in flames anyway he is a fool. He loses nearly all of his remaining power prestige and political capital.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

The ones that might matter the most will be vetoed too

Obama is Dr. NO

Obama is jealous and full of animosity

Jealous of what exactly?

With an obstructionist House, unemployment is at 6%, gas is 1.95 in my neighborhood, he got Osama, 50th straight month of GDP growth, housing market is closing in on retaining it's value lost when the bubble popped, and we closed out last year with record highs on the DOW and S&P.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

a reply to: TheArrow

Jealous of what exactly?

Republican victories.

And his power deflation.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

a reply to: TheArrow

Jealous of what exactly?

Republican victories.

And his power deflation.

Why is he jealous of the GOP?

He's won every election he's ever been in. Now he gets to retire undefeated.

feelsgoodman.jpg

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow
A pipeline we don't need to pump shale oil that is too expensive to produce.

Nice work, congress.
What, we just let the Saudis jack us up from 5-10 dollars a gallon instead???

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join