It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

28 House Democrats Defy Obama, Join GOP to Pass Keystone

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The U.S. House of Representatives has passed the H.R.3 -- Keystone XL Pipeline Act (Introduced in House - IH)

Seems many Democrats voted in favor for various reasons.

Even Representative Sheila Jackson Lee of Texas voted in favor of the legislation.

Let's see if Obama will cave in.

28 House Democrats Defy Obama, Join GOP to Pass Keystone

Defying President Barack Obama, 28 House Democrats joined Republicans Friday to help pass legislation to jump-start the long-stalled Keystone XL pipeline project.

The defections are another indication that moderate Democrats, frustrated with midterm losses and weary of defending an unpopular president, may be more willing to break ranks with party leaders in 2015.

A day earlier, three top leaders of the fiscally conservative Blue Dog Coalition sent a letter to President Barack Obama urging him not to veto the bill, as he has promised, should it come to his desk.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
A pipeline we don't need to pump shale oil that is too expensive to produce.

Nice work, congress.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
It would be a revelation to get the inside story as to why these Dems voted the wrong way......
Seems theres a severe discipline problem in the party....

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
They were probably given permission from the party leaders to do this, depending on the district they represent and want to be reelected to. A little while ago I thought Obama would have to give in on this, but it's seemed, from recent news reports, that he'll veto the Keystone bill when it comes to him. The GOPers can then moan and groan and dance around in angry faces, leading to the observation that the passage of bills like this plays out a well-known and shopworn kabuki dance.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
It would be a revelation to get the inside story as to why these Dems voted the wrong way......

Yes. All Hail The Party! All Hail The Party! Blind Obedience! Blind Obedience! All Hail the Party!

WHAT!

You didn't toe the line!!!

You must be disciplined!!!!

How you think is awesome.... Makes me feel like I went into a time machine back to 1933.

They voted for the bill because maybe they wanted to? And because this isn't Nazi Germany?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

28 House Democrats Defy Obama, Join GOP to Pass Keyston

It only looks that way. This has been the plan all along.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Thats awsome, a couple thousand jobs will be created for a few years to build a faster way for china to get oil from canadian tar sands. Great for the environment too, those awsome lakes,forest and farm land will be poluted, but hey the right wingers got there way right, lol.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I know! Just look at the horrible shape of the environment where the Alaskan pipeline is!

.....oh wait....

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

and your point is?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: stirling

Yes. All Hail The Party! All Hail The Party! Blind Obedience! Blind Obedience! All Hail the Party!

WHAT!

You didn't toe the line!!!

You must be disciplined!!!!

How you think is awesome.... Makes me feel like I went into a time machine back to 1933.

They voted for the bill because maybe they wanted to? And because this isn't Nazi Germany?
Funny you mentioned that. Are you sure it isn't?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheArrow

Lobbied to the hilt! They have no loyalty except what they can get out of it. We get to clean up and pay for it when our enemies use it to destroy the environment. Why am I not surprised.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

and your point is?

Probably that we were told that all the caribou in Alaska were going to die if the Alaska Pipeline went through.

Oh, they didn't all die.
edit on b000000312015-01-09T15:20:07-06:0003America/ChicagoFri, 09 Jan 2015 15:20:07 -0600300000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

well then that makes it all better lol, whats a couple oil spills every year, slowly killing the cariboo and the land, not too shaby.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Thats awsome, a couple thousand jobs will be created for a few years to build a faster way for china to get oil from canadian tar sands. Great for the environment too, those awsome lakes,forest and farm land will be poluted, but hey the right wingers got there way right, lol.

But the Left Wing backed railroads spill more oil than you can count.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

And add that a lot of times the areas around those pipelines are protected habitat and the ecosystem thrives.

But hey that detracts away from the argument.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Whats worng with people lol, oils spills are bad, and the oil is for china, more tax dollars going to waste, but hey its those damn liberals am i right lol.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

I know! Just look at the horrible shape of the environment where the Alaskan pipeline is!

.....oh wait....

That pipeline isn't run by the company with the worst oil spill record. This pipeline is totally unnecessary all it is being built for is to increase profits for the oil companies also they will pay no taxes on it because it is going to a foreign tax free port. They want the government to pay for it to be built in the long run it will cost more jobs than it creates all the gas from it is for export only and will raise the price of gas here in the states. It's amazing to see all the pro China as long as America gets screwed people here in this thread. Hopefully Obama will find the balls to veto it.

link   

Your post has no teeth. Go do some research on the Alaskan pipeline and tell me how bad that ecosystem is suffering....

It's comical tho because I hear this argument all the time but the facts are so to the contrary that it's become satyrical

link   
As you type on your keyboard made from petroleum products.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

So google is wrong with oil spills and some of the eco system getting destroyed.

My bad ill take your work for it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join