It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran’s president denounces Charlie Hebdo killers as terrorists who promote Islamophobia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Here's something you won't see on CNN or MSNBC.

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has denounced “terrorism” and violence committed in the name of Islam, after the deadly attack on French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo in Paris.

In remarks carried by Iranian media on Friday, Rouhani said “violence and terrorism is reprehensible whether in this region, in Europe or in the United States”.

“Those who kill and carry out violent and extremist acts unjustly in the name of jihad, religion or Islam provoke Islamophobia whether they wish it or not,” said Rouhani.

Rouhani appeared to be alluding to Wednesday’s attack in Paris, where gunmen massacred 12 people, including eight journalists, at the headquarters of the satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo.

But he did not mention by name the magazine, where masked gunmen shouting “Allahu Akbar” (God is greatest) carried out the massacre saying they wanted to avenge the Prophet Mohammed.

Source

It's too bad, because if they did show a lot more Muslims denouncing these acts, then that would create a better environment in general IMO.

Instead, they do this:

Don Lemon Asks " DO YOU SUPPORT ISIS?"

When Iftikhar, who is a senior editor at Islamic Monthly and founder of TheMuslimGuy.com, said that he didn't believe their sympathies with the ideology meant "they would justify the killing of innocent civilians or murdering people on the streets,” Lemon pressed him further.

"I just want to get more specific,” Lemon said. “Again, in August, 16 percent of French citizens support ISIS. Would you describe those who support ISIS as Islamic extremists? Do you support ISIS?”

Which is compounding the problem no?

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Definitely compounds the problem.

I watched a state of the art video from ISIS earlier & the way they were executing people & dumping them in the river really disgusted me.

Equally cowardly was the way they shot people lying face down in the back of the head!

Pigs.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Of course we won't see it on CNN or MSNBC because it doesn't fit into the "Iranian president is an evil dictator and jihadi apologist" western agenda.

Call me an optimist, but before this whole thing reaches a climax, I have a feeling that the world of muslims will eventually step onto their soapboxes and denounce these psychopaths for what they really are.

Unfortunately, the rest of the world will stick their fingers in their ears and sing "la la la" to themselves... because they love having a pigeon-holed group of people to name as their enemy and point fingers at.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
To add, Hassan Nasrallah (Hezbollah) :

Extremist religious groups following a "takfiri" ideology have offended the Prophet Mohammad more than the Western cartoons mocking him, Hezbollah chief Hasan Nasrallah said Friday. "The behavior of the takfiri groups that claim to follow Islam have distorted Islam, the Quran and the Muslim nation more than Islam’s enemies ... who insulted the prophet in films... or drew cartoons of the prophet," Nasrallah said in a televised speech in an event marking the prophet's birthday

LINK

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

Wow, that's something I would NOT expect.

Thank you for posting.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Muslim extremism, (sigh) i've read the quran, not sure how ANYTHING in that book states to become a ruthless killer in the name of the Prophet (alleged) muhammad. I wish more muslim's denounced this behavior. but living in michigan with dearborn right around the corner, and people not really knowing how to peacefully protest bothers me.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Strange days indeed! The most peculiar aspect of all this is the fact that I've noted some commentators on ATS use the occasion of the death of innocent, civilized, French people to hurl insults and accusations at Christians and any group other than the Al Queda Terrorists who are quite obviously Islamists in an effort to stop people from identifying Islam, the Religion of Peace with terrorist behavior and actions.

Then of course we have the spectacle on CNN of an overly long interview with one of their "experts", mealy mouthed General Clark who used the opportunity to lay the blame for the incidents in Paris at the feet of the French government and society for its failure to assimilate the Muslim immigrants into their society all the while appearing to imply that because in the US the Muslims have been integrated into the society, such a thing can't happen here. Good luck with that!

What a crock.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I found this on YouTube. Seems to fit what Terrorists are fighting for.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
won't here about this in the west...the western media picks and chooses what they report because they are so controlled by govt shills......there are forces about that are doing their darndest to start WW 3
edit on 1-9-2015 by clearmind because: eye Kant spul

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I believe that it is entirely outrageous that too little place is given to moderate muslims by the media, to make plain their utter dismay. Such lack of out reach to regular muslim folk by the media, is only going to contribute further to the general level of tension between differing demographics. This MUST make the problem worse.

However, it should also be said, that even under the greatest possible assault, it is on the people of France to ASSUME that the people they live next door to are decent people and not terrorists, and to deal with each individual they meet, from ANY faith, as an individual, and not as a stereotype or bogeyman, regardless of the media silence on that front, knowing as they do, that the media is biased toward the interests of ramping tension up. More tension = more headlines, and more headlines means more viewers, and more of those means more revenue.

I hate to be cynical about this, but we saw the same bloody nonsense during the start of the War on Terror. What has happened in France over the last three days has been a total travesty and a disgrace to the entire human race, but it must not result in a dissolution of liberty, and an increase in powers for the security service. What it must result in, is greater integration of cultures, greater communication between cultures, and better sense of community between people of different faiths.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
uk.reuters.com...

Reuters are running with this news too.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Iran denouncing terrorism. That is not part of the agenda so it won't get pushed. In fact, I'm sure US politicians and the MSN will somehow connect Iran to these terrorists.

Nice find 10th.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Two faces.

One Islam.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
In fact, I'm sure US politicians and the MSN will somehow connect Iran to these terrorists.

How? It is already being reported everywhere that they have ties to Yemen.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Kind of like keeping one eye open and the other eye closed. I was raised catholic but I no longer practice the religion. In fact, I think all religions are hypocritical, judgmental, and are the cause of many killings and wars in this world. You can't believe in something and only accept parts of what you believe. If your religious teachings are causing followers to kill innocent people, your religious teachings are skewed and come form the devil himself. If it were me, I would drop my religion like a bad habit if organizations like Al-Qaeda and ISIS justified killing people in the name of my religion and God.

I'm really surprised that a lot of current Muslims around the world haven't denounced their Islamic faith for all the atrocities their ideology has caused. And please, don't show me a clip of a small Muslim group protesting. This entire act on behalf of their religion is abominable! It's down right ignorant to claim that Islam is a peaceful religion when the current state of affairs clearly shows it's engaged in religious genocide.

If you believe in an ideology, you take ownership of the entire belief, not parts of it. I'm sorry to say, but for all the be-headings, suicide bombers, mass shootings, enslaving their women and killing children, it's really disgusting how the rest of the "peaceful and loving Muslims" remain silent. No outrage, no massive public condemnations by Muslims against these killings. I don't care how political correct the media wants to be, Islamophobia is real and it's justified.

There will be a western breaking point, where people of the world will finally say enough is enough. I can perceive many western governments uniting and launching a military attack this world has never seen. This evil ideology will be wiped off the face of the earth, but unfortunately along with many innocent lives.

edit on 9-1-2015 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Because that's what always happens. Politicians and talking heads always tell tall tales for their own personal gains and war mongering against Iran will always be one of their favorite hands to play.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Because that's what always happens. Politicians and talking heads always tell tall tales for their own personal gains and war mongering against Iran will always be one of their favorite hands to play.

Is that so? How are the going to pitch that one when the terrorists in France are Sunni and Iran is Shia?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The religion is being taken over by low life’s. Or at least these low life’s are able, through this mass murder operation, to basically destroy Islam.

The loathsome human beings who are the character of murderers, child molesters, your standard coward and bully, and narrow minded simpleton bigots.

They are taught by narrow minded demonic clerics, old bitter dogmatic filthy men and guys who are also amongst the moral, lowest of the low.

If you’ve ever had the experience in life of meeting these kinds of low life human beings you would know what kind of mentality are these “Islamic” terrorists and Jihadists.

They are the kinds of people typified in these cartoons NOT Muhammad.

They are the lowest form of human beings

They are fuel for Hell

in it they will abide!
edit on 9-1-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Now this is a real Islamic leader. Bravo for him calling this for what it truly is. I stated in another thread the need for change to come internally not externally for terrorist issue.

If we continue to change this externally all is does is create more radicals. It is so bad TPTB actually use these people to continue the rise of the military industrial complex. They make a easy to hate enemy because they are so radical and religious.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

You'd probably be surprised by this too, pal.

Kinda off topic but re: Support of IS.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join