It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Up To 2,000 Feared Slaughtered After Islamists Burn Down Entire Nigerian Town For 'Allah'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But aren't there a bunch of different types of Buddha from different generations? If I'm not mistaken. So by Buddha becoming Buddha and then calling himself Buddha is essentially the same as calling himself Buddhist. Correct me if I'm wrong, I honestly don't know much about Buddhism just something I am trying to remember from an old class.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Correct me if I'm wrong...

But aren't you quoting Hadith & not Surah?

Because I don't believe a word of the Hadith & am under no obligation to either.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Of course a non-Muslim can be innocent.

Do you honestly believe the Quran has verses that state it's ok to rape women or stomp on babies?

If not why would you associate it with Muslims or Islam rather than disgusting Human Beings...

Personal responsibility as a human doesn't seem to count for "Muslims" lately...

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Correct me if I'm wrong...

But aren't you quoting Hadith & not Surah?

Because I don't believe a word of the Hadith & am under no obligation to either.

Haven't I read you say that you are a Muslim? And you do not feel bound by the Hadith? I seem to be reading in this quote, 'under no obligation to either,' that you feel that you aren't bound by the Quran either? But isn't a Muslim by definition bound by the Quran? Though I've always been curious whether there was any significant movement within Islam which disregards the Hadith, to one degree or another. I also could be wrong that I thought I read you saying you were a Muslim.
edit on 10-1-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

I am a Muslim, Journey...

The Quran is the Word of God revealed to Muhammad via the Angel Gabriel...

The Hadith are the words of Men who claimed that they had heard stories about the Prophet...

Only one of this is obligatory reading & education for a Muslim...

The other is a choice.

I'll let you work out which is which.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs correct me if I'm wrong, they were a conquering army. How is that self defence?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Moving the goal posts because you was wrong?

Tsk tsk!!!

We're done here.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Muslims follow 2 separate texts. The Quran (Divine) & The Hadith (Man made recollections of the prophet) Radicalisation forms from the interpretation of the Latter. The Quran does not condone any such terrrorism or extremism. This is all born from the man made texts. I leave you with this powerful verse from the Quran:

Quran 2:62 However, those who have become believers (the Muslims), and the Jews, the Christians and the Sabaeans who believe in God and the Day of Judgment and strive righteously will receive their reward from the Lord and will have nothing to fear nor will they be grieved.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Where is the name Christian derived from, the Christ, because people followed him, the first member of a group usually it's leader is still included in that group collectively and historically, not just every other follower. But it's semantics at this point.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs no we are not done. You didn't answer. I changed no goalpost just asked the same question. So ill ask for the third time: Were the murders as a result of self defense as you claimed or was it a result invading army forcing conversion?

edit on 10-1-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
I actually don't think there is any hope for humanity.

not without intervention

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Why the hell should I answer your question when you didn't answer mine?

Not that I needed an answer!

A better question would be why you claimed you had proof from the Quran and then went on to quote Hadith?

Even better you didn't cite a single source for your diatribe.
We are done!

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
A reply is coming.
The one that says:

"These are not true Islamic people. This goes against the Koran."

Yes, the same Koran that Boko Haraam reads.

The funny thing is that we are told that Islam is peaceful and Muslims are peaceful and can be part of our Western, modern, evolved and progressive societies.

Yet when ever we see a Muslim commit an act of terrorism, all we hear from a few muslims is the typical "we condemn this" blah blah blah. Nothing substantial at all. Just a few words so the media can run with it.

If Muslims are against terrorism, then WHY aren't THEY DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT?

Why aren't THEY the ones fighting these so called "radical" groups who are claimed to be minorities within their own religion?

They keep saying these people don't represent all muslims.

Well why aren't the rest of the Muslims doing something about it?

Because what you are seeing in Sydney, in Paris, in Africa, in the Middle East, in Canada, in America, across Europe, in Russia, in western China......the violence, the hatred, the intolerance, the brutality and barbarism....THAT IS WHAT ISLAM IS, THAT IS THE TRUE FACE OF ISLAM.

You can't fight this war with words and laws and counter reactions to their actions.
These people do not understand your laws and words, nor do they give a damn about what you've got to say or what laws you pass, or who you send to hunt them down when they commit an act of terrorism.

To us it is terrorism, to them it is a legitimate action that Allah and Mohammod have told them to carry out on the unbelievers. That's me and you.

There is only one way to fight this war and that is with the annihilation of that entire group of people and that political ideology that has been masquerading as a religion for hundreds of years to the detriment of humanity.

Sorry, my words might be bold and blunt, but that is the reality.

You only have to look at the history of our forefathers and see just what they had to do to rid their lands of this plague and rebuild their way of life.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mortex

That was a whole waste of time for you to type out when there is this thread...

This Thread

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Religion all religions are far from the only used scapegoat and blamed for atrocities across the globe. So ya! The religion of peace is not that, simply because there is nor ever has been such a thing, and never has been such a thing as a religion of peace, merely different groups with different agendas using the same rhetoric. Christians killed off many natives here in the new world, and before that in Europe you have things like the inquisition and that is just the least of it. And you even have religious freaks in place in all governments doing all they can to spread the word, sometimes by helping invade a country bombing them to the stone age. Then airdropping some noodles and bibles on them and calling it freedom.

And our new religions, the corporate calf and the governmental bureaucracy has likely lead to more deaths, both directly and indirectly, then this radical Islamist group. Oh and lets not forget the sanction on the Palestinians, but hey, whos the good guy and whos the bad guy when one mans freedom fighter is another terrorist. In all there is no such thing as the good guy and bad guy. There are only bad guys and shades of gray.

And to tell the truth, if they did not have the Islamic religious front, they will still likely kill in the name of something else. That right there is the whole history of mankind, get used to it, in fact you should be used to it by now. Because its been going on for a long long time.

I am not condoning the actions of these people, the world would be better without them, but without them likely some other group will come into the picture, there is a whole lot of # going on all over the middle east and Africa for that not to be so. But really what do you expect when there in a war zone? Its a fight and a bid for power, like it has always been.
edit on 9pmSaturdaypm102015f6pmSat, 10 Jan 2015 21:33:24 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22
Follow the money eh! It always leads you to the promised land, just as the profits foretold.

Seems all those people in that region who said that they were spreading the virus, and did not let any of the men in suits into there villages, well they may have been on to something.
edit on 10pmSaturdaypm102015f6pmSat, 10 Jan 2015 22:11:23 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

The problem is that infidels do not qualify as "innocent". So this reference in the Koran does not really apply,
The term "Innocent" also does not apply to Muslims who are not following "True Islam " as defined by whatever terrorist faction of Islam is doing the head chopping.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparky63

It does in a sense...

A common misconception as I've explained is that other faiths or even non-believers are not a viable target right off the bat...

The truth of it is every verse that refers to infidels or unbelievers etc always states that it's those who wage war on Islam, like a crusade...
Rather than those who just go about their business...

Even those who wage war, if they repent, Scripture tells Muslims we must be forgiving & let Allah be the only judge on the Day of Judgement.

I do concede that these words are twisted by zealots for their sick advances.

But I also believe in personal responsibility within humankind, I'd never blame a religion no matter the Faith.

I don't blame Judaism for what occurs in Palestine, I blame Zionists who twist the Holy Land & Chosen People Scriptures.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildapache

And what give you the right to insult the religion of 1.7r billions people for the actions of a few radicals?I guess by your standard all catholics are pedophiles,all hindus are rapists etc...

Africa as a continent need an anti-terrorist unit that will deal with the likes of boko haram,AQMI ...It is sad that Nigeria has to go to something as horrific as this...

That's 1.7 billion humans who are at serious odds with the Order of the Cosmos.
This is not what the Universe ordered for the human race.
I guess they/we over-procreated and got out of hand...

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
And so what zazzz, are you going to teach the people there folly on this religion. You know even if they somehow woke up and all religions were cast aside. I do believe they all would just find another way and justification for what they do.

Its a war out there, proxys and bids for power and for the hearts and minds of people, at gun point if needed or not, but its still a war, and yes people are going to get killed either way. Just because it is what they are. Humanity is still just a barely evolved hairless monkey, and when put in the situation, an animal is going to act like an animal. It has no choice. And generally those with guns and the means, win out over those without.

I think that even if this was settled more peacefully, in a diplomatic way. Well the crazy element in that society ie the extremest well they will just likely get voted into power then. It will only be a matter of time, and then. Well the same sort of thing ensues, only now they got the whole backing and stamp of a nation behind them. So tell me just how much actual say does any country even the US have in anything our leader do? Round and about and round and round we go.

The inherent nature of humanity is unsanity. But ya! This religion Islam, is a virus. But so is every other religion out there and possible everything else humans have ever concocted and made up as well. Its only a matter of time I think, and in fact in trying to save people we just may be delaying the inevitable. Maybe like the forests from time to time there needs to be mass wildfires which clears out whole areas for new life to grow. So really letting them all every person and walk of life out there may be the answer, and in stepping in and trying to stop it we could be interfering with the natural process of things.

Grim thought I know, but I have had grimmer, and the world has seen and will likely see grimmer things yet. What say you?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join