It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paris Massacre Suspects Killed in Dramatic Raid, Sources Say [NBC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

French security forces on Friday stormed a printing factory outside Paris where the brothers suspected in the Charlie Hebdo terror attack were cornered for seven hours with a hostage. Two police sources told NBC News that the brothers were killed and one hostage was freed.

While various news outlets are being cautious about reporting it as definitive at the moment, NBC and the BBC are reporting sources have indicated that the brothers suspected in the Charlie Hebdo terror attack have been killed.

I doubt many people will be shedding tears for the brothers, Cherif and Said Kouachi.

Other news items, such as the one on the BBC website at the link below, are reporting on tribute cartoons to the journalists at Charlie Hebdo comparing pencils with guns, writers with fighters - commenting that "it's also why some demonstrators are holding pens and pencils in the air":
www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 9-1-2015 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
who was the female accomplice? was she the getaway driver from the first assault?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

she is missing and there is another male suspect on lose

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Happened about a hour ago, there are already threads covering the topic.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Heard she is either the wife or girlfriend of one of the suspects.

She hasn't been located yet.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I've been watching the live coverage on sky news - must give massive respect to the authorities and thoughts and prayers to those people killed or injured.

It's currently reporting the 2nd gunman at the supermarket escaped?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Rather fittingly given their killing of satirists, the death of the Kouachi brothers is already becoming a matter of satire.

See, for example,. the Newsthump.com website at the link below:

newsthump.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I know some people are saying that they don't think these guys were well coordinated and had things planned out, But they seemed to know that the cartoonist rarely meet like this and usually work from home right, and this was the exact time that they struck as they had their big conference. So did they have inside information??

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
I know some people are saying that they don't think these guys were well coordinated and had things planned out, But they seemed to know that the cartoonist rarely meet like this and usually work from home right, and this was the exact time that they struck as they had their big conference. So did they have inside information??

Is it possible that the 'Muslim' who died at the scene in the office gave them the info but offered to die aswell because it would be too obvious had he been left to live?

You get a job, get inside info as to when things happen and then relay that info out.

Could happen in any job really.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I don't know these guys look and sound like there actually the type to fight to the death as opposed to just fighting to die. like we see with the suicide bomber crowd. you don't have a getaway driver if your offering yourself to die I don't think do you>??

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Am I the only one who finds this a bit odd?

One hostage was freed at the printing factory, authorities said. At the market, four hostages were killed and 15 freed, according to Israeli government officials who spoke to their French counterparts.

al Qaeda does not really go after Israel, so why was Israel in this loop?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

Anyone care to explain to me how the guy who posted this story from 2 days ago has almost described events as they supposedly occured today (09/01/15)?

The actual raid:

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

That doesn't prove anything other than they're just as coordinated as your average, run-of-the-mill, burglar. Just spend a month watching a location and you'll figure out the routine.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: IsaacKoi

French security forces on Friday stormed a printing factory outside Paris where the brothers suspected in the Charlie Hebdo terror attack were cornered for seven hours with a hostage. Two police sources told NBC News that the brothers were killed and one hostage was freed.

...Other news items, such as the one on the BBC website at the link below, are reporting on tribute cartoons to the journalists at Charlie Hebdo comparing pencils with guns, writers with fighters - commenting that "it's also why some demonstrators are holding pens and pencils in the air":
www.bbc.co.uk...

Freedom is certainly worth dying for. I served as a soldier with all the patriotic fervor one American could muster. What really counts in the end however is our personal values and the core beliefs that underpin our decisions.

The aftermath of carnage at the Hedbo publishing facility is barbaric and tragic on all levels. There is no justification for terrorism and the horrific blood letting on such a scale.

CNN and Sky News have been adamant about French expressionism as being the avantgarde of modern satire. Knowing what I know, I must say that France has become a most undemocratic nation of the west since it outlawed religious face coverings in public in 2010.

The veil is a "religious expression" of female preservation and purity, a concept that the French find offensively lacking in sexual sophistication. Cartoons based on anti-semitic racist stereotypes (IE. Arab Muslims are of Semitic origins) are socially acceptable as satirical entertaining expressions of true freedom, while religious expressions communicating sexual virtue is seen as a cultural sin to invoke incarceration.

Veiled women are harassed with ID checks and periods of questioning by policemen, which has led to much resentment and some rioting in the past three years.

French moral bigotry and racism within a stated democracy is an institutional paradox that sows the seeds of its own demise. It allows the majority to rule as a cultural tyrant under the banner of a morally corrupt world view.

While the murder of cartoonists for their social indignity is nonetheless unjustifiable, the growing conflict of ideologies is a sign that French (and western) society in general has lost its way. Freedom has devolved into the abstract, chaotic confluence of negative animations; expressions not unique to the creative free will, but of cruel similitudes that dehumanize and denigrate the human values of others.

As fellow human beings we should be equally concerned with the popular view from corporate media and one dimensional reporting that western journalists are known for. That the hypocrisy of the false freedom movement will continue to infest the public psyche until freedom becomes meaningless, without intellectual analysis.

There are those who only care about their own families. For these, there is little hope. There are also others who feel concern for the direction of humanity believing that there is time yet to realize the greater truth that can help the world evolve toward something much, much greater than the sum of our fears.

new topics

top topics

join