It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiot drivers with no brain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I have so had it with the stupidity of most drivers! A little history about me for starters...I am not a "slow poke" as a matter of fact, I have a bit of lead foot and find it a conscious effort to do the speed limit. Ok.....I can't understand these idiot people that will get behind you ....right on your tail, which by the way, if someone gets right on my butt they better have excellent reflexes because I will, and do, slam my brakes on, aaaaamyway, they get right behind you, back off after I slam on the brakes....then rev the engine and fly by you at the speed of light all pissed off.....and then you meet them at the next light! What's with these people? They aren't getting anywhere any quicker...you always meet them at the light, I just don't understand it. Then you have the idiots that will pull right out in front of you so you either have to slam on the brakes or hit them....and there isn't a single car behind you in sight...but they had to pull out right then!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I think that every single day I have to be in the cluster # with these people.
I too have a heavy foot, and it pisses me off to no end when the slow guy is driving in the PASSING LANE! what are these people thinking??

So about four of us drivers are zipping around him and then he finally gets in the right lane and speeds up. Sped up to pass us in the left lane, and then started going slow again... Is this the I want to be the boss of everybody syndrome??

[edit on 14-12-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This seems to be cropping up everywhere. I travel a six lane interstate every morning and cruise in the far right lane. Four out of five days a week I will have someone tailgating me so close I can't even see their headlights. Since I like my car and don't want to cause an accident at 70+ mph, I use the opposite method of the brake test: I let off the gas and slow down. This usually incites them to pass.

I think the issue boils down to a few things:
1) Me first attitude. EVERYthing has become highly competitive and driving is no exception.
2) Arrogance/Ignorance. Perhaps they feel that they should be able to go as fast as they want when they want. Problem is, the roads are far too over-crowded.
3) Entiltement. They're in the lane they want to be and they shouldn't have to pass you, you should move.

That said, those that are in the passing lane should always yield to those behind them. If they flash their lights behind you it's a signal to move. Which brings up another topic about being signaled to move over...some get realllly torqued about it and take it as a personal affront. Better driving lessons and knowing the rules of the road would help. FWIW

[edit on 14-12-2004 by Katolu]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Katolu

That said, those that are in the passing lane should always yield to those behind them. If they flash their lights behind you it's a signal to move.

I'm sorry, I should of mentioned....I'm not talking about driving interstate here...this is main city roads....hence, meeting them at the red light! They just have to get around you, when your already going faster than you should so they can speed to the stop light which is a few blocks up....I don't understand it...

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by Katolu

That said, those that are in the passing lane should always yield to those behind them. If they flash their lights behind you it's a signal to move.

I'm sorry, I should of mentioned....I'm not talking about driving interstate here...this is main city roads....hence, meeting them at the red light! They just have to get around you, when your already going faster than you should so they can speed to the stop light which is a few blocks up....I don't understand it...

Sheesh! City streets, that's even a more sore subject. I agree Lady V, it's nucking futs. It's too irritating to even talk about...Be careful out there, Lady V!

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It should be the duty of every driver to impead others and the flow of traffic as little as humanly possible. That is the way I drive.

Signal early, turn fast.
Green means "Go", not "think about going".
Get off the fewkin cell phone and pay attention.

OMG I could go on and on....

Actually, I think a surprising number of petty people have so little personal power in their own lives that the only way some of them can be powerful, even for a subconcious tiny moment of their day is to get in someone elses way.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I couldn't agree more...I drive the same way....In fact, sometimes I let it get to me soooo much that I become that asshole who tailgates people, but it's only b/c the idiot won't get out of the passing lane or wants to play around with me in my 1 ton SUV....no son, I don't like playing that game, but your ass is going to be a smaller curled up piece of lead than mine is if you don't get your act together - lol

And another thing that irritates me....Ok - I try to use cruise control as much as possible b/c I live in a town that has the most cops per capita than any other city, and speeding is one thing I love to do and one thing they love to pull people over for....cruise control is my friend....but it seems that I'm the only one that uses it....How often does this happen to you:

You're going up a hill....You're going 50 in 45 and you're going a steady speed.....jackass in front of you in the passing lane is going 50, 49, 48....30.....And wwwweeeeeeeeee.....down we go.....and they're suddenly doing 79 in a 50 - you catch up to them later and they're going 45......

I WANT TO KILL THESE PEOPLE....IF SOMEONE WHO IS READING THIS DOES THIS - I WANT TO KILL YOU!

That feels so much better

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Ambient Sound has it right. You people sound like hypocrites when you say you have a lead foot and gripe about other people going faster than you in a hurry to get around you. The safest speed to go in traffic is the exact speed as everyone else, but obviously you cannot go by a sign that says, "speed limit". There is no room for emotions of getting somewhere on time when you could kill me, ruin my day, or cause me extensive financial damages. I had training for a commercial license and the leading causes of traffic accidents were: lane changes and speeding. Both of these are related to people in hurry and disregarding everyone else on the road. If you don't believe me, then try going the speed limit for a while and I bet your conscious will bother you that "you" are not going where you want fast enough - never mind the rest of us drivers, huh?

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The other day i got hit by a taxi, O.K it was going round a corner at about 1-4mph hit me on the right leg just above the knee the b'stard driver honked after he hit me! i actually just ignored the d1ck and walked on, maybe it was partly my fault cos i was looking where i was going(wasnt drunk btw)but he should have honked to warn me.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
drunk, actually pedestrians always have the right of way unless it is prohibited on like a highway. You could have fallen down and made a scene, huh? I guess he too was in a hurry.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
you think you guys have it bad!!!! you want to drive in portugal!!!....complete lunacy,they have absolutley no clue as to what is going on around them.....or the other thing is (and this makes me laugh) ive got a 400bhp dax cobra and i still get guys in 1.4 citroens and fiat puntos trying to smoke me off the lights....when i hit the speed limit i slow down and then 30 seconds later when theyve caught me up they come past at like 100mph and give you that look as if to say"yeah whos quicker now!!!" eh?....if id kept my throttle buried id be doing 160mph with no one in sight.....sad,sad,sad.....

eat my dust suckers......(sings rollin by limp biscuit...lol)

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Ambient Sound has it right. You people sound like hypocrites when you say you have a lead foot and gripe about other people going faster than you in a hurry to get around you.

BULL....I am complaining about how mindless people are.....to speed around you so they can meet you up a ways at the red light. It's ridiculous. By meeting you at the light after speeding around you, it shows they are not thinking, if they just looked and paid attention, they would see they are coming up on a light in a short distance to start with...it's like people who won't let you pull out onto a busy street when the light is red anyway....and there is a long line of cars...they aren't going anywhere anyway, not stopping before the side street to let someone pull out isn't going to get them through all those cars...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
drunk, actually pedestrians always have the right of way unless it is prohibited on like a highway. You could have fallen down and made a scene, huh? I guess he too was in a hurry.

I only thought of that after i was halfway down the road (i was the 1 who was in a hurry!)

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Talk about NO brain, i drive the freeway to work everyday, and when it comes to merging , i gotta deal with fecken idiots. And it usually involves some Glamour Whore doing her making up in a SUV!!! now i'm sorry but if you do your make up and drive on the freeway, i h0pe you get hit and poke your eye out. When you drive a big SUV you gotta realize that your not driving a freaken sports cars. the cars big adn massive and when you just jump into a lane withought thinking cause your on your cell phone or doing your make up in the morning you deserve to DIE!!

I don't drive to slow or too fast, i always let people pass me or i pass someoen too slow, I don't ever box someone in that looks like their in a hurry. but when i'm making a left turn , in a two lane left turn lane. and i'm on the outside lane you you almost hit me because your scared your SUv can't make a turn in your own Huge lane. There is a reason i'm cussing at you , not because i just Hit my brakes and almost got hit by the guy behind me, but becasue your an Idiot! Same thing goes for someone who changes more than one two lanes without singalling during heavy&fast traffic. I live outside of L.A. and most of the Idiots on the road are either driving expensive cars but mostly SUVs,

How about when someone speeds up at a dramatic rate so you cant' cut in front of them, even though they are like three car spaces behind you, then they almost hit you and honk and cuss, I can't tell you how many times i've had to cuss out dumbass people at a light. Or how they drive Like maniacs almost hit you and other people on the road,WHIle they have thier kids in the backseat. I telly you i would pull them out of their car and beat the crap out of them if it wasn't for the kids. but the reality is that people drive their car like they live thier lives.

even a compact car is a driving killing machine, people have no consideration about the safety of others, just because they have a reckeless attitude towards life. or shall i say the life of others. Well to all those people that don't have Fecken earpieces for their cellphones i hope that you get mutated tumors in your ears that starts sprouting fungus.

BUt serioiusly make up while your driving 70miles per hour, when two or more lanes merge , during rush hour?WTF , the worst driving i encountered was when i lived in Las Vegas, People were always swirving and changing lanes From the left turn lane to the right turn lane , In the middle of an intersection.
NO one got out fo the way for ambulances, they just stayed in their lanes. anyways enough ranting, it just makes me sick

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I guess the Glamour Whores, as you call them (I had to laugh) are the types that get distracted easily. You can't possibly concentrate on something like driving and something else and not be distracted. The best you can do is switch your focus between the mirror, talking, eating, flippin the radio, and the driving part. IF you don't switch often enough, you will eventually find yourself in a mess. I have to relate this to you. The same rules apply to people in WalMarts. People who are oblivious with their shopping carts drive the same way. You ever come into an intersection with shopping carts? I did the other day, and the woman stopped and sat there for an ungodly time before moving, after we almost collided. She strolled on by with her ear to the cell phone. I guess I should have slammed her cart out of the way. They also block the aisle and make you wait for them to pick the best bread, like they would do if they were driving and looking for an address or stopped talking to their buddies in the middle of the road. I wish I were rich and had the ability to drive over people when they act selfish, because I would.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
yeah i can relate to the wall mart story , people seem to think that they own all the space around them in a 10ft radius. but parking pisses me off also. You try and pull out slowly or just driving through a parking lot. People do alot of eradict things to pass people, get the spot , or get our of their spot. whatever happened to hand gestures that, you know the ones aside from the middle finger. what about strollers, i've seen ladies push their kids through a store, not caring about where they're going, people jumping out of the way so the poor kid doesn't get hit or knocked over. and after the poor person has jumped out of the way for the safety of the child. The woman looks at them and says "EXCUSE YOU" . i've seen this all to many times.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I have tested this theory that people think only of themselves in a store. You walk along and see that a group of people are coming at you, and they seem to want you to move out of their way when they are taking up the whole aisle. I usually oblige them and make way, but for a test, I just kept walking to see what would happen. They won't even make any space, they just act like others are subordinant to them. They act the same way when driving. Think they own all the space around them. Someday they will soon only own their windshield.

Don't get me started about parking. I guess the car is a rude extension of a persons character. If someone drives like an idiot, they probably are.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
LOL i totally agree, they way these people drive is definetly an extension of how they probably live their lives. People usually move out of my way when i walk , it is probably cause i make alot of eye contact, they tend to shy away and move out of my way. i've notice i do this and i have no trouble moving through a crowd,but alot of my friends don't and are always having to push their way through.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Hmm. Maybe I should give em the evil eye like you, bordnlazy!

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The thing that ticks me off is these idiots who think having a 4 wheel drive SUV means they can drive 60 and 70 mph on snow and ice. People, the 4X4 helps traction not braking! When on a surface such as ice, they have no greater assett for stopping than any other vehicle with like tires.

Also, the ones that really get me are these people who take an eternity to make a turn off the highway into a lot or driveway. I can see if its a partially obstructed turn or bad surface but a wide open lot?...just turn already!

Lady V, I think you said you lived in Louisville? I worked up there on the Watterson X-pressway some years ago, so I know what you're talking about. As bad as I dislike Ohio, sometimes I think I"d rather be dragged behind my car through Cincinatti than have to drive through Louisville. I usually go up there these days to the Census Data User's Conference. This year, they did me a favor and had it in Shepherdsville which meant my Louisville experience was limited to swinging around the Snyder. I can handle that. BTW, I looked for your UFO from the other thread but had no sighting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join