It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can being faithless be more important then any other Evil act.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
So how can faith (belief in Jesus) be the most important thing you ever do?

More important then murder.

More important then rape.

More important then child molestion.

More important them beating your kids.

More important then torturing your kids.

More important then literally ANYTHING you could ever do.

This is just insane to me! I just can't understand how anything considered a benevolent god could operate that way....

Literally you could rape and murder children, but as long as you believe in a magic baby, your cool.

How could that a) be the way it works and b) be the most important thing to god?

Is he worried that maybe Jesus was really Joseph's son, so it's his form of a security blanket?

How could that be the pinnacle of the your time here on earth? Commit genocide, rape, murder, child molestation and as long as you repent your cool..... But don't believe Jesus was actually a Demi god and you deserve to burn.

Nuts!
edit on 9-1-2015 by Entreri06 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

Faith is belief in God as Creator and Lawgiver.

Without Faith you cannot determine what good (agreement with God) and evil (disagreement with God) is.

Therefore you create your own personal definition of "good" and "evil" according to what seems right to the individual; rather than what God says.

7.2 billion different personal definitions of "good" and "evil" produces chaos and conflict (current age).
7.2 billion individuals agreeing with God's definition of "good" and "evil" by FAITH produces peace and agreement (age to come).

Faith requires obedience to all of God's Laws, because you have faith in God as LAWGIVER. Therefore, anyone who is faithful towards God, would also be faithful towards keeping God's laws (not murdering, not raping babies etc.) You cannot separate faith in the lawgiver as God and the Laws which He created to be lived by the faithful.

It seems many of those you think are "faithful" do not live by the Laws of God and are in fact liars.

God Bless,
edit on 9-1-2015 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2015 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Religious programming is more important than free will.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

You say

This is just insane to me! I just can't understand how anything considered a benevolent god could operate that way....

Now, I have heard that insanity is doing over and over something one knows not to work. (or something like that). Therefore I would think that anyone attempting to rebut your position, especially after your having said "this is just insane to me"', and knowing that this approach will not answer your questions, that it will not convert you, is, INSANE.

Sure, they will say that it is unconditional love that spurs them, it is deep faith and salvation that spurs them to continue on in the face of adamant rejection, but I think it is insanity.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElohimJD

Without Faith you cannot determine what good (agreement with God) and evil (disagreement with God) is.

Therefore you create your own personal definition of "good" and "evil" according to what seems right to the individual; rather than what God says.

Sorry for feeling slightly sick reading this spineless and frankly very thoughtless comment.
Please feel free to speak for yourself if you think you don't know what is good or bad but do not brush every non believer with the same brush as yourself.

I am almost scared of people who believe what you just said, because in the absence of a human written book with rules given to you, you may one day not know that killing is wrong, that hurting someone is wrong, that stealing is wrong etc.
and do all of the above...because...your book of rules is gone. Do believers not know what is bad?
Are there more people that think like that?

Give me Atheists at any time, they have no reason to pretend. They are just people. Some good, some bad, most somewhere in the middle; but at least when they do good, they do it because they ARE good and not because they HAVE to.

This dependence on all those gods [yes, there are more than one floating about and each one is supposed to be 'the one'], is an insult on our nature given intelligence. But I do understand that not everyone has any, so yeah, maybe they do need a book with rules.
Scary thought though, that there are humans who do not know good from bad by themselves.

Also see my signature below, for once it fits right here:
edit on 9-1-2015 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Jesus never said that belief in him was more important than the others. I never read it in the bible. All you have to do to be saved is to believe in god and be baptized. That's not so hard. Now when this change takes effect you are supposed to help one another when in need and refrain from killing others. It is important not to worship wealth, as doing so makes us obsessive and our condition causes harm to others and the environment we live in. We have been conditioned to take risks to get ahead, and that is in a supposedly Christian country. That does not make any sense.

That's what we got anyway. I guess we are stuck with it since there are so many people that believe in the conditioning that is fed to us by the deceivers.

link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Religious programming is more important than free will.

Within free will there lays the choice to agree with God.

God Bless,

link   
a reply to: ElohimJD

I'm a giving and kind person and there isn't a lick of faith in me. To require a belief in any deity for people to be respectful and helpful is a pretty grim outlook and imho, pathetic. I don't need an invisible man in the clouds watching me to act like a nice human being...but apparently religious people do. Welp, just another group of individuals unable to accept that they control their own lives...

link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

How could that be the pinnacle of the your time here on earth? Commit genocide, rape, murder, child molestation and as long as you repent your cool..... But don't believe Jesus was actually a Demi god and you deserve to burn.

Nuts!

1 does not think this is what is at play here Entreri06.

It must be considered that once observed the power associated with followers of the many GREAT BOOKS including the BIBLE that some beings took advantage of the power to guide the masses and switched to masses control and added and or subtracted from the many Ancient GREAT BOOKS for their own gain.

This may be where areas develop of misunderstanding, due to ignorance re configuring the Ancient data to control the masses and not guide them anymore Entreri06.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I take offense to that. As a well-intentioned Atheist, I know quite well the difference between good and evil. I also know VERY well, and it has been demonstrated QUITE recently that faith can actually CLOUD that distinction between good and evil. To the point that slaughtering a group of innocent cartoonists is considered "good" by some people.

So, if your definition of "good", is anything your god decrees (including murdering gays, "witches", people who work on Sunday, etc), then I'm quite happy to be "evil" in your eyes.

At least I'm not murdering cartoonists, bombing abortion clinics, protesting soldier's funerals, or molesting little children.

If that makes me evil, I accept that with the widest grin I can manage.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

It is not surprising you have this reaction to my simple post. After all "what is in a name"?

God's Spirit is a living thing present in real time in the mind of one who is faithful to God. "The Book" you are referring to is a tool to help God's spirit work in the mind of the faithful.

You having never experienced this kind of living faith are expected to believe what you replied with.

I choose, by free will, to agree with God's spirit, it was written in a "Book", it was spoken by His son Jesus Christ while on Earth, and it lives in the minds of the "called out ones" by the power of God's Holy Spirit.

That is my choice, yours is your choice. Free will.

God Bless,

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

But people dont liev according to gods laws, otherwise they would be killing adulterers and fornicators etc.
even those who clainm to be christian could not live by the laws laid out in the bible because they are not compatible with a modern society that doesnt belief in killing on a whim.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Nice. The good old fashioned "morality is the sole domain of religion" argumentative fallacy. But really that is the whole crux that the OP relies on. If such an argument were to actually be discarded, then the whole "have to believe in jesus to be saved" spiel wouldn't make sense. But that is just how the paradoxical nature of religion works. Rationalize away the paradoxes with logical fallacies.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jenisiz

I'm a giving and kind person and there isn't a lick of faith in me. To require a belief in any deity for people to be respectful and helpful is a pretty grim outlook and imho, pathetic. I don't need an invisible man in the clouds watching me to act like a nice human being...but apparently religious people do. Welp, just another group of individuals unable to accept that they control their own lives...

I don't need a being named god to guide me, but I do need to believe in a philosophy of good and it seems that this philosophy could be called god. The energy of good. The problem is the highly variable perception of what good means.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

I take offense to that. As a well-intentioned Atheist, I know quite well the difference between good and evil. I also know VERY well, and it has been demonstrated QUITE recently that faith can actually CLOUD that distinction between good and evil. To the point that slaughtering a group of innocent cartoonists is considered "good" by some people.

So, if your definition of "good", is anything your god decrees (including murdering gays, "witches", people who work on Sunday, etc), then I'm quite happy to be "evil" in your eyes.

At least I'm not murdering cartoonists, bombing abortion clinics, protesting soldier's funerals, or molesting little children.

This post is a wonderful example of the natural mind. This is human nature and all mankind will feel this way without God intervening. There is nothing wrong with being natural at this time, it is the purpose for the present age; for each human being to determine for themselves what is right and what is wrong.

God has designed other ages for the contrast to be established. This is not that time.

You take offense, because of pride in your own human reasoning, you are right in your own eyes (by design). To agree with God is to be humble.

God Bless,

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I'd rather disagree with God. He is so demanding and I don't like his demands or the way he goes about distributing his edicts (human preachers/crazy peo.. *ahem* "mystics").

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

This post is a wonderful example of the natural mind. This is human nature and all mankind will feel this way without God intervening. There is nothing wrong with being natural at this time, it is the purpose for the present age; for each human being to determine for themselves what is right and what is wrong.

God has designed other ages for the contrast to be established. This is not that time.

You take offense, because of pride in your own human reasoning, you are right in your own eyes (by design). To agree with God is to be humble.

God Bless,
So am I good, or am I evil? It's a very simple question.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

one question :

is slavery immoral ?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Good and evil are constructs of the human mind. There is no clear definition of what either of those things are.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I can completely see this as well. I grew up a very rough life but always had a reliable moral compass. I believe my first mistake was believing most others don't posses a fully functioning one. Mental issues aside, I believe every human being knows what's right and what's not wrong. Morals are forced upon us at birth via social norms but one can choose to follow or not...if people didn't break the social norms, I'd be out picking cotton right now in some field in Georgia.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join