It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama proposes free community college program, cost details unclear

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: narin
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I don't know why you would waste time arguing with idiots. You and I both know this can only improve your country's current conditions.

My only concern is that there wasn't this much passion against wasting money funding two illegal wars (which created no return on investment) . But so much angst and mild bitterness toward spending money on educating those in need and will no doubt be a return on investment.

LOL I know but I consider it my contribution to higher learning. You can lead a horse to water.... I'm a parent. I spent a lot of time talking to the walls.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The EBT program is based on income and kept a lot of children from going hungry. If a parent doesn't earn enough and part of those earnings has to go to childcare so the parent can go to work the EBT program fills a gap. Or do you think these people just sit around and collect ? The other vector of society that benefit are the aged with limited incomes who might otherwise go hungry. to: CranialSponge

edit on 192015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Perhaps incentive is an issue left to another day.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
And banging your head against a wall. a reply to: narin

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

oh great.....another expensive, and ultimately useless program, that they can use as justification to jack up taxes.....

like we really need this..

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

Your answers really aren't really contributing much to the discussion you know. Just a bunch of dissatisfaction and drivel. What would you do differently? reply to: xuenchen

Nothing.

Because there might not be a genuine problem that can be fixed with money.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So the problem is...there is no problem? That's probably true. From my experience though, its usually the genuine problems that can't be fixed with money.
edit on 06/17/08 by narin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: narin
a reply to: xuenchen

So the problem is...there is no problem? That's probably true. From my experience though, its usually the genuine problems that can't be fixed with money.

If there is a problem, money won't fix it.

They've been trying for centuries.

What *IS* the problem anyway?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join