It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Phoenix: I need some suggestions

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
oblique view

anybody good with blueprints/architecture?

edit on 11-1-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
people need to realize that the better we treat the poorest amongst us, the more it helps everyone else. for example, technology and modifications to laws that originally created more problems than they solved, has allowed us to move in new and better directions. if we employ that type of innovation to solve problems where the help is needed most, it can provide the framework for the same kind of help, when needed, anywhere. everywhere.

having self sufficient cities, capable of sustaining health and well being, as well as rescrewing our heads on in the correct fashion concerning drug usage, can solve alot of problems. providing a system that not only does that, but provides much needed jobs, encourages new tech and solutions for old problems, and does so while addressing some of the biggest issues to face humankind in its history (food, medicine and well being), can inject new life into areas that are depressed and toxic

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
p.s. THIS EFFORT HAS TO BE BI-PARTISAN. I would feel awful if this project resulted in the inner city people being used like a political football. no more using the poor and impoverished like launch pads . it's time for healing, not tearing apart.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
more thoughts:

the people of this country have been debating the usefulness of government programs for awhile now. people are aligning on various sides regarding personal responsibility, and the pressure to perform (work to eat) is on. but people who are suffering with various levels of self hatred, ptsd, and other forms of mental and emotional illness, are not going to understand that. they just aren't. expecting them to is unreasonable and what you end up with is massive human suffering. that is not the correct approach.

if we can learn anything from ancient history besides how to kill each other (unacceptable direction, btw), it should be those moments when ancient leaders made really good choices, for everyone. lets take, for example, the biblical patriarch joseph, who was able to keep the people of egypt and elsewhere, from starving to death, by revealing to pharaoh an efficient way to do so as a result of revelation he had.

now i'm not saying this was some big revelation from god, unless you consider having a sudden realization that the inner city people were suffering from something akin to ptsd from living in a war zone every day of their lives, as a revelation (i guess realization and revelation might be similar). but think about it? by helping them, we inadvertently, end up helping everyone as the results can be replicated in other cities and towns. and it doesn't just help those who need help for basics, like eating and medicine, it helps in other ways as well.

for example, by decriminalizing illegal drugs, and rolling them into the marketplace, modifying them to be less dangerous and more usable for recreational or medical benefit, you provide a marketable product and resulting financial strata that currently isn't there in a way that benefits the community, and a job market for those who actually enjoy giving back to their community because they've managed to heal or stay healed, enough to do so. it's mired down atm, in isolated pockets of wealth and poverty, and self loathing, creating this negative feedback loop.

if you want people to think as independent, self sufficient beings, but they are really not capable of thinking that way in their current frame of mind, it seems only logical that the first thing you do is quit doing their thinking for them. you quit trying to tell them what to do with their bodies, and instead provide options that they can choose from when they want to, not when we demand it as a society. i know that may seem foreign to some people, but it isn't. it's good sound logic. want people to make their own choices? self sufficiency starts with letting them make their own choices. that ain't rocket science. it's logic.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
am i talking to myself now?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
when did we drop the ball about personal freedom? if you want personal freedom, shouldn't you want to extend it to others? if i want to be free to decide what i eat/consume/imbibe from the available foods and herbs on the planet, but don't want my neighbor to be able to do the same, i'm missing the point of personal freedom, aren't i?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Though I would drop of this Corbett vid as a inspiration for some that are looking for a way to get out and get with it .

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Though I would drop of this Corbett vid as a inspiration for some that are looking for a way to get out and get with it .

interesting video! just watched it. good info. it doesn't really account for people who are so poor that they've lost the ball in a raging storm but it does make many good points and has a positive message!

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I agree, a church might be the only group able to get through all the tax, zoning, and medical related regulations your idea runs smack into.

Good idea though.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
any independent Church usually has some kind of a outreach program and is one of the larger denomination Churches got involved ,there would be a possibility of resources and contacts to other such programs .There is a lot to be said about failures and what was learned by them .Every wants a success but what might have worked in one place may not work in another . That is where the correspondence and the network is invaluable . a reply to: ISawItFirst

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
okay the lady i was going to talk to about being the public liason for the idea, has agreed to do it. however, she doesn't believe having it run thru church organizations is the solution. here are the reasons she gave:

1. the inner cities have a growing population of muslims. they will view direct "church" involvement as a threat to their power base, automatically causing the project unnecessary conflict

2. because the mental and emotional health areas would contain eastern medicines/counselling, as well as western, this would create a conflict of interest for church organizations

3. the push to decriminalize drugs and promote their safe and recreational usage from the mental and emotional wellbeing clinics, is in an absolute direct conflict with church organizations

4. when churches get involved, they would want to dictate how the project works, what it contains and how it is distributed

i think she's right.

don't get me wrong, i don't think using drugs is a good thing, but used correctly, the suffering decreases exponentially. currently, the whole thing is very unhealthy.
edit on 19-1-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join