It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Hedbo manhunt: Gunmen take hostage

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

The suspected Charlie Hebdo gunmen have exchanged fire with police as they holed an industrial estate with a hostage.

There had been reports that at least two people were killed and several wounded before Cherif and Said Kouachi entered business premises in the village of Dammartin-en-Goele, north-east of Paris, but prosecutors have denied reports of casualties.

and;

A source close to the investigation said the suspects were in a small printing business named Creating Trend Discovery. AFP, quoting a police source, said the gunmen had taken one hostage.

Charlie Hedbo manhunt: Gunmen take hostage

Not much to add to this, but it seems that things are coming to a head.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Police confirming that the brothers are holed up in an industrial park business. It would seem that a woman is being held hostage. Prayers for her.

I got the tail end of an interview with people from the carjacking site who mentioned the brothers also had rocket launchers, so am waiting to see if this is confirmed as being seen tonight as opposed to being found in their apartment, for instance.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Live broadcast at Dammartin-en-goele: news.sky.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
-------------------------
edit on 0920150120151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

A negotiator has managed to contact them, they're looking for martyrdom.

That poor woman doesn't stand much chance to get out of this alive

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Scouring Twitter feeds it seems that the French are probably going to opt for an assault rather than a negotiation. Though there is a slight hope... one of the factory workers said the two men said they do not kill innocents.

Sadly I predict that neither of these men will live to stand trial.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I thought they had said they don't kill women during the initial attack at Charlie Hebdo. Who you gonna trust.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Yes one of the illustrators, a women, survived the attack somehow. The women that let them in.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I think I misheard the news guy.

Hoping she get's out OK.

I don't know helicopters, but I'm worried if what I've seen is the French throwing their best at this. Same with the vans.

FBI is involved. Let the FBI unleash HRT. Pretty sure one team is there.

Good thoughts.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
The woman is either the business owners wife or a graphic designer. That business only has five employees and the other three are confirmed to be male. The gender of the graphic designer has not been mentioned yet ( that I can find ).

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Maxime Goldbaum, a reporter for Le Monde newspaper, has quoted the Mayor of Othis as saying he fears this situation 'will end in a bloodbath.'

This is an image of the building:

source

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Unfortunately it's not just the two terrorists that could kill her, there's always the chance of collateral damage if the police storm them..

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Lockdown of the town and 4 schools containing 1 thousand students. Evacuation of businesses in the industrial park. The suspect still at large in the Mont Rouge shooting knows the Kouachi brothers. Interior minister now says they cannot confirm that there are any hostages.

This waiting period is horrible for everyone who just want this to be over.
edit on 9-1-2015 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Martyrdom?

For what?

*Killing innocent people, running away, hiding, taking hostages....

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The police have removed the press from the area, in anticipation of a "statement" and have the suspects on the phone.

If there is going to be an intrusion ( assault ) it should happen in this win dow. (Glitch will not allow that word to appear without the space )
edit on 1/9/15 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
they just said that the police women who was killed was infact killed by these two men and more information will be coming shortly.

interesting..

anyone in Paris seeing a lot of police activity? maybe these men have left something somewhere and there's an operation on to find it that the news isnt mentioning yet
edit on am546318092015-01-09T05:46:25-06:00052015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Don't tell them!! they may be reading this thread.
Heck you never know but I sure would be using the net to see what is around.

Hope the hostage gets out and they take the bastards alive.
edit on 9-1-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

If they can read this, they can also read what I'm sourcing

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
There is no advantage in taking a hostage, that you would not kill, so as far as "sparing the innocent", that is total B.S.

Her life is in mortal danger. The only hope here is to talk them down, but that rarely works with those that have committed atrocities as we have witnessed. What happens here will be definitive in how the rest of the world deals with this.

Do these idiots really understand the brevity as to what they have done?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join