It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paris false flag threads closed or blackballed...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Any reason this thread was closed? Are we not aloud to speculate here on ATS?

And is there any reason this thread isn't showing up in recent posts?

Also why were both unflaggable and without stars?

Just curious.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: humanityrising

SuperModerator GemWolf made it very clear as to why that first thread was closed:

The story/article in the OP cannot be confirmed.

Thread closed until further notice.

Edit: Additional information:

PASADENA, Calif. — In another instance of a news organization jumping ahead of a fast-moving story, NBC News erroneously reported the capture of two suspects and the killing of another in the attack on a French newspaper office and has been forced to issue a correction.

A night after NBC's flagship "Nightly News" made the error, anchor Brian Williams on Thursday explained that the network relied on two senior U.S. intelligence officials for the information. There had been no confirmation from French officials on the story, which was reported by Pete Williams and delivered on the air by Bill Neely.

"While these sources had been reliable in our previous reporting, the intel they passed along to us last night turned out not to be correct," Brian Williams said on the air.

NBC issues correction for erroneous report on suspects in attack on French newspaper

The second one isn't showing up because it is in the LOL category, which does not show up on the recent feed.

Stars and flags automatically go away when a thread is closed and is never there in some of the other categories.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The second post also got moved to the LOL forums, the Ludicrous Online Lies forum.

Odd thing to do considering the sheer volume of insanity that is posted here and supported by the site. Dunno, it may have something to do with Google Search rankings and association. Gotta protect the IP suppose.

Strange.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: humanityrising
Any reason this thread was closed? Are we not aloud to speculate here on ATS?

That thread was closed because the information reported by certain outlets were false. Once further information came to light, there was no need to continue discussing 'news' which was poorly reported and incorrect.

And is there any reason this thread isn't showing up in recent posts?

No idea, but it may be because it was moved to the ludicrous online lies (LOL) forum. The thread in question didn't add much weight to alternative discussions, as the video footage violates ATS' T&C's. It was also too poor to properly dissect and come to any form of conclusion for what was being claimed in the thread. That said, people are still able to discuss the topic there.

Also why were both unflaggable and without stars?

Just curious.

Because they were either closed or moved to a forum without the ability to flag and star comments, i would guess.
edit on 9-1-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: westcoast

Is not the fact that this happened worth discussing? Really, really looks bad on ATS' part. Seems like overkill.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I was suprised the second one was moved to LOL not skunkworks but I'm sure theres a reason.

It does seem like there is an attempt to discorage discussion on this topic.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I was suprised the second one was moved to LOL not skunkworks but I'm sure theres a reason.

It does seem like there is an attempt to discorage discussion on this topic.

hmmm an actual conspiracy on a conspiracy site....well who would have thought

edit on 9-1-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I would have thought anything was worth discussion regardless of someone elses personal bias, apparently not though, seems to be moderators can decide for us what the truth is or is not.

Good to know.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I believe the threads are black balled because the one thing that the "false flag" crowd never considers is the effect that some of these allegations have on the victims involved.

IE:
A kid is shot and people accuse him of being an actor, type of scenario.

ridiculous and in the end, morally questionable.

edit on 9-1-2015 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

Oh right so even if something was true we should censor it because it may hurt someones feelings?

WHAT.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
One that can easily be solved, as the mods can easily explain why the move was made.

I have never really understood what the LOL forum was for if I'm honest.

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555
I believe the threads are black balled because the one thing that the "false flag" crowd never considers is the effect that some of these allegations have on the victims involved.

IE:
A kid is shot and idiots accuse him of being an actor, type of scenario.

ridiculous and in the end, morally questionable.

And those victim's feelings are more important than freedom of speech?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Yeah I'm a little surprised too, my reply on that second thread was written when it was still in general conspiracies. Anyone remember (haha, who wouldn't?!) the special insanity time here when Sandy Hook happenend?
Or when the tragic Boston Marathon bombings happened?

Can't remember that all these "It was a false flag!!!" threads got shoved into the LoL Forum. Maybe it's because the last tragedy isn't an american topic?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
One that can easily be solved, as the mods can easily explain why the move was made.

I have never really understood what the LOL forum was for if I'm honest.

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

i suspect after the recent financial difficulties the site is having we will see alot more of this kind of thing....damn shame really

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo

Oh right so even if something was true we should censor it because it may hurt someones feelings?

WHAT.

It's still a bit early to claim that the Paris victims are actually actors alive and well on flight MH370.

Point being is that there's been a lot of garbage thrown about here. Maybe the mods have had enough.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Sorry im not much into censorship nor hypocrisy thanks.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Read this.

I just did, and I don't see how anyone might have violated his stipulations, other than the actual questioning of judgment(in a civil manner) to blackball/close threads. Are we discouraging any question of authority?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

If you are implying that this issue is being censored then if you create a carefully worded topic in skunkworks then there is no reason I can see that it would be moved or deleted.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Hope your read this bit.

No topic is discouraged from discussion.....

Does not appear to be the case however.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join