It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Warns Germany over "Frivolous" Lawsuit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Amnesty has a very poor track record of true also. They focus on the US and ignore places like Saudi.........

I don't share your opinion regarding Amnesty International. But even so, you think that US Maj. Gen. Taguba lied too before the US senate?

Blobber

[edit on 14-12-2004 by Blobber]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Amnesty has a very poor track record of true also. They focus on the US and ignore places like Saudi.........

Maybee you dont know Amnesty International well enough.

They do not focus on the US, they focus on human rights.

What the media does with the Amnesty International reports is different from what Amnesty International does.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I supose my CNN link was too "Left Wing" for you too eh?

What exactly would you consider an unbiased acurate news source so I can find a link for you?

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
So, we've warned Germany over allowing this lawsuit to proceed...
That indicates one thing.. It has merit and someone is feeling some heat. I just wonder what exactly the Pentagon intends to do about these developments? What are we gonna do? Boycott bratwurst?

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
So, we've warned Germany over allowing this lawsuit to proceed...
That indicates one thing.. It has merit and someone is feeling some heat. I just wonder what exactly the Pentagon intends to do about these developments? What are we gonna do? Boycott bratwurst?

I spoke with Rummy over dinner last night. We decided to cancle all Oktoberfest in furtue years so we don't sned money to the german terrorist network. The old "bullits for Beer" scam.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I spoke with Rummy over dinner last night. We decided to cancle all Oktoberfest in furtue years so we don't sned money to the german terrorist network. The old "bullits for Beer" scam.

Man, you totally read my mind!
I was gonna say Oktoberfest! Now that would really kick 'em in the ballz, wouldn't it?!

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I have some experience here. Abu Ghraib is the poster boy for american "abuse" these days. The humiliation of Muslim men being paraded naked is very "taboo" to them. I get all that. But it does not compare to what the Iraqis' did to our guys in Gulf 1. Remember?

[edit on 14-12-2004 by DrHoracid]

Yes.. the Iraq's didnt treat the Americans too nice in Gulf War 1. But pardon your ignorace, what has happended now? Saddam and his generals have been capatured and detained by the americans and are about to go to court for war crimes?

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I say Rumsfeld should be arrested as soon as he steps foot on EU.

He should be given a life sentence.

considering his age that must be like what? 2-3 years tops?

leave the old man alone... he's too old

Its just plain mean to arrest senior citizens.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

What an irony. We (the country that liberated the Germans from Hitler) are now being investigated for the same stuff, by them! It's truly unbelievable.

Thats pretty untrue. The americans didnt 'liberate' the germans. Hell, many of them liked Hitlers reign. Germany did prosper under hitlers rule, not for the jews/gypsies etc but many Germans really did like Hitler. The British and Americans embarrased the germans, they were pissed off! They didnt enjoy the fact that they were 'liberated'... #.. they just lost the war!

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
(quote)
I am sure they will interprete Rumsfeld as a "serviceman" in such a case.

The only service Mr. Rumsfeld ever provided was self service!!!

geo

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   

They didnt enjoy the fact that they were 'liberated'... .. they just lost the war!

If you talk to germans, they will tell you that the soviets defeated them and the allies liberated them.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ishes
The americans didnt 'liberate' the germans. Hell, many of them liked Hitlers reign.

Yes. Just goes to show, in every country there are seemingly endless quantities of moral cowards, racist idiots and degenerates. And those fans of Hitler are probably right beside him now, rotting in hell.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Yes. Just goes to show, in every country there are seemingly endless quantities of moral cowards, racist idiots and degenerates. And those fans of Hitler are probably right beside him now, rotting in hell.

Yeah but you got to remember they where brainwashed from the minute they entered school.
Also many german army soldiers when they saw the Auschwitz video's broke down and cried, one said "my god what have we done!" and then broke down into tears.
Some didnt even believe it until they where brought to the camps and saw it for themselves.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
And many did know.. There are a multitude of reasons those people did what they did. That doesn't justify it, though.

Those who saw the writing on the wall left Germany before the shiZit hit the fan. So, there was awareness.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

And many did know.. There are a multitude of reasons those people did what they did. That doesn't justify it, though.

Yeah and many germans helped hunt these guys down.

Those who saw the writing on the wall left Germany before the shiZit hit the fan. So, there was awareness.

Yeah to a select group, there was/is hundereds of unspent billions in accounts in secret accounts and cache's around the world.
Got to respect germans though, the military has literaly been beaten out of them, they struggle to maintain an army anymore because of numbers.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The people that fled Germany were the intelligentsia: academics, artists, actors, writers.. They watched the rise of fascism (as we've watched it post 9-11 here) and they knew nothing good would come. So they packed up. Many Jews, after being harassed, knew what was happening, too. So they left. In droves.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

The people that fled Germany were the intelligentsia: academics, artists, actors, writers.. They watched the rise of fascism (as we've watched it post 9-11 here) and they knew nothing good would come. So they packed up. Many Jews, after being harassed, knew what was happening, too. So they left. In droves.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

Yeah smart people, and lucky too.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
To the EastCoastKid,

You left-wing fanatics make me laugh. Your bleeding-heart, commie-loving boy lost (big-time), so now there's nothing right with America.

If it's so bad here,-----why are you here ?? Leave, and don't let the door hit you in the butt.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It's sad that there were so many Germans who simply didn't have a choice. Many men had families to feed, which is an overriding factor. Then there were those simply not as educated and willing to fight for the Fatherland - as so many young men will. National pride's a MOFO.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimboE
You left-wing fanatics make me laugh. Your bleeding-heart, commie-loving boy lost (big-time), so now there's nothing right with America.

HA HA LEFT WING FANATICS!
Do you know what the left side is all about?
no come back when you do.
Also whats wrong with comunism? Infact go to the political section and start a topic on it and we shall discuss it there.
BTW he is a repuplican.

If it's so bad here,-----why are you here ?? Leave, and don't let the door hit you in the butt.

Why ? He can stand by his guns and change america, one man or woman can change the world.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join