It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Warns Germany over "Frivolous" Lawsuit

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
So, someone is actually trying to hold Rumsfeld and those under him responsible for the WAR CRIMES that have been committed and condoned under his leadership. BRAVO. It's about time someone did.

What an irony. We (the country that liberated the Germans from Hitler) are now being investigated for the same stuff, by them! It's truly unbelievable. Rumsfeld & his chickenshyte sycophants should be thrown in prison for the rest of their unnatural lives.

Pentagon concerned about legal complaint in Germany against Rumsfeld, others

Mon Dec 13, 1:43 PM ET Politics - AFP

WASHINGTON (AFP) - The Pentagon (news - web sites) expressed concern over a criminal complaint filed in Germany against US Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and other officials over the Abu Ghraib prison scandal, warning that "frivolous lawsuits" could affect the broader US-German relationship.

The complaint was filed in Berlin November 30 by the New York-based Center for Constitutional Rights (CCR) and Berlin's Republican Lawyers' Association on behalf of four Iraqis who were alleged to have been mistreated by US soldiers.

Besides Rumsfeld, former CIA (news - web sites) director George Tenet, Undersecretary of Defense for intelligence Steven Cambone, Lieutenant General Ricardo Sanchez, Brigadier General Janis Karpinski and five other military officers who served in Iraq (news - web sites) were named in the complaint, which seeks an investigation into their role in the prisoner abuses at Abu Ghraib.
Yahoo.com

*Edited in Url Tag

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

[edit on 14-12-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I believe this is what is called "Perfect Irony". I hope they all have to spend the rest of thier lives in a German prison
As far as Im concerned, the whole current administration could be led to a German prison.

On another note, where is Carlsile4? Hed be intrested to see that we are posting at the same time

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This is really sad, hideing facts to save relations even though it was morally wrong.
Happened in korea now happening again...sad.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Rummy is a hero. Screw those german nut cases. They are probably just pissed off about losing their Oil For Food blood money.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
I believe this is what is called "Perfect Irony". I hope they all have to spend the rest of thier lives in a German prison
As far as Im concerned, the whole current administration could be led to a German prison.

I would love to see the whole Bush war cabal dumped into Abu Ghraib and held there for life, under Iraqi guard. I think that would be thoroughly fitting.

On another note, where is Carlsile4? Hed be intrested to see that we are posting at the same time

Oh! You mean Carseller!
How dare you/me log on at the same time as different people!

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Why do you HATE my hero so much? He's a good guy. Bright, good natured, never hurt a fly.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Rummy is a hero. Screw those german nut cases. They are probably just pissed off about losing their Oil For Food blood money.

Heres one exsample of what happened about the incident of hill 282 in korea.
Go look it up and see if you like hideing facts.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Heres one exsample of what happened about the incident of hill 282 in korea.
Go look it up and see if you like hideing facts.

So whats your point. I am aware of the issue. How does that condem Rummy? or GW. Friendly fire happens........it wasn't Hidden!

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
You should keep your flamethrowers holstered for a moment and read the article.
(In Germany I would tell you: Wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil)

The complaint was filed in Berlin November 30 by the New York-based Center for Constitutional Rights (CCR) and Berlin's Republican Lawyers' Association on behalf of four Iraqis who were alleged to have been mistreated by US soldiers.

Not the state of germany but AMERICAN LAWYERS with help of German Lawyers sue the United States on behalf of four iraqis. I do not see how some German and New York Lawyers could have possibly benefited from the oil for food program. Maybe their office is under the pipeline and they stole a few drips?

It is perfectly legal in a democracy for those iraqis to sue the US. Why would someone want to take away that right from them?

[edit on 14/12/04 by tsuribito]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
As the germans only have to sit and wait as the dollar sinks into oblivion and then buy their way into whatever they want. If they really want Rummy's head on a pike, I am sure there is some senator or group of senators who are willing to sell it to them.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
There are laws in Germany, like in many country's including belgium, that allow foreign nationals to be trialed for warcrimes.

Someone filed a suit to the german courts about this, as stated higher in this thread, the suit was filed by a NYC group.

Belgium exempted US from their laws concerning warcrimes after the US started treatening them for it. Germany is big enough to ignore this kind of political presure, belgium unfortunatly wasn't.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Why do you HATE my hero so much? He's a good guy. Bright, good natured, never hurt a fly.

Are you talking about Bush, or Carseller? If its the latter, well, its sort of an inside joke between ECK, myself and Carseller
Send me a U2U and Ill tell you all about it.

If its Bush, well, Im just anti Bush in every aspect of my life. He is a terrible president and doesnt deserve the title. Because of this president, there is a very good chance of a nuclear war before my daughter makes it to second grade

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I think it is great someone has got to stand up to these bully's
I am from the US and I can't believe what this administration is
getting away with. In fact I think we should take them
to court over the Patriot Act and Patriot Act II using the constitution
as a basis for prosecution..

geo

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   

You talking about Rumsfeld? If so, I don't understand how anyone could look up to him. The original Dr. Strangelove himself, Henry Kissinger, once said of Rumsfeld, "He is the most ruthless man I know." I guess the Chilean war criminal Pinochet has a more sunny disposition.

Rumsfeld has encouraged and condoned war crimes, trashing international law and the institutions that were put into place because of the atrocities committed under Hitler. How quickly we forget.
You cannot approve of what Rumsfeld has done and not approve of Hitler's actions. They are the same. It might be helpful to imagine your own flesh and blood, say the woman you love, or your child, being brutally raped and beaten and perversely put on display in photographs in sexually explicit poses, to understand the depth of disgust felt over what has occurred under heir Rumsfeld.

Rumsfeld gained my eternal, complete and utter contempt through his spectacularly ignorant handling of our military. His 'vision' (for a new Army) lacks any and all semblance of reality. His whole star wars plan is BU#. He feels absolutely no concern for the men and women who serve under him. He threw out the time tested, battle-tested TipFid in the run-up to the Iraq invasion - throwing everything (men and equipment ratios) completely out of whack, lending to many, many unecessary deaths... and then we find out his people have been committing war crimes at Guantanamo and Abu Ghraib - at his urging! Our military is back to where we were during Vietnam. F***d up beyond belief.

Only in the bizarro parallel universe of BUSHWORLD could Rumsfeld still have a job.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Please don't send Rumsfeld to Holland, or we'll get invaded by the mighty US army. The US already has a bill (ASPA) which authorizes US military intervention in Holland if a US serviceman gets convicted by the International Criminal Court

www.hrw.org...

I am sure they will interprete Rumsfeld as a "serviceman" in such a case.

[edit on 14-12-2004 by Blobber]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Up to the Bush administration (2000) I was opposed to any American involvement in the International Criminal Court. I believed US soldiers should be exempt from any foreign prosecution. But then, that was back when I could never have believed our soldiers would be so quick to commit war crimes. The Army I served in (late 80's, early 90's) was a much differently run operation. It had REAL leadership.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
perhaps the extraordinary advances in technology lead to a dissemination of true leadership, detracting from any logical perspective they are dependant on technology to do the proper job there by cancelling out any actually reasoning behind such occurances. either way, they done #%@$'d up!

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Up to the Bush administration (2000) I was opposed to any American involvement in the International Criminal Court. I believed US soldiers should be exempt from any foreign prosecution. But then, that was back when I could never have believed our soldiers would be so quick to commit war crimes. The Army I served in (late 80's, early 90's) was a much differently run operation. It had REAL leadership.

What war crimes? Everything you have listed to date is just BS. Be specific about your charges. One by one and site case specific law. Otheriwse you are just ranting.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

What war crimes? Everything you have listed to date is just BS. Be specific about your charges. One by one and site case specific law. Otheriwse you are just ranting.

DrHoracid, if you've been following the Iraqi fiasco (invasion/occupation) from its inception, you would know full well what I'm talking about. All that needs to be said is ABU GHRAIB. If you still do not grasp it, you are employing serious cognitive dissonance.

And trust me, I'm not ranting. You'd know it if I was.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Huh... yeah, god forbid we have ruthless man lead our wars against people would do us harm. We should win them over with hugs and kisses.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join