It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt's President calls for a 'religious revolution'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTengriist

The Brotherhood is no more relevant to this discussion than King Faroukh.

You're the one who brought it up.

This guy slaughtered six thousand Egyptians for belonging to an opposition party, and had another fifteen hundred tried in absentia and sentenced to death.

When the Muslim Brotherhood and it's supporters fought police, blocked major roadways, blew up police and military buildings, and of course killed innocent people then the revolution is gonna get bloody. What revolution doesn't get bloody? It certainly was no American or French revolution that's for sure.

el-Sisi held off for an entire year before he took action. And it's not like he went rogue either, the majority of the Egyptian people and it's government backed him. Civilians joined riot police in the fight against the Muslim Brotherhood and it's Islamic terrorist allies. The picture you're painting depicts an el-Sisi seizing power and gunning down people innocent people. Force was used against force but the Muslim Brotherhood were no match for Egypt's security forces.

Did non combatant Muslim Brotherhood supporters die during the clashes? Absolutely and I would even be as so bold to say they allowed themselves to become martyrs. Extremist love doing that, it's their thing. But one important fact keeps getting ignored and that's the violence the Muslim Brotherhood created when Morsi was told to step down. Violent protest riots ensued.

Btw, what is this number 6000 composed of? If you don't mind please break it down for me because I can't find anything relating to him, protesters, and 6000.

Were the elections rigged? Probably, aren't they all? Do I believe he won by such a large margin? Well, yeah maybe since he had the support of the people who helped fight the Muslim Brotherhood.

So the question is how is el-Sisi doing now? What are the Egyptian peoples thoughts and has their quality of life increased or decreases sine he's seized power? What's el-Sisi doing now a days, still killing protesters?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Some of you haven't read the article well.

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi spoke out against Islamic extremism on New Year's Day, which coincided with the birthday of the Prophet Muhammad.

I am sad to see that some in here on ATS actually would rather preferred the undemocratically Muslim Brotherhood over this guy.

Egypt's Islamists warn giving women some rights could destroy society

I am not surprised though ATS has changed overall, from some members defending the fascists and the Muslim Brotherhood and not even doing enough research it just saddens me.

edit on 9-1-2015 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You nailed it quite well, lets not forget freind the Muslim Brotherhood were agaisnt Women Rights and Free Speech.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
El-Sisi seeks “Enlightenment”

El-Sisi

“I am saying these words here at Al Azhar, before this assembly of scholars and ulema—Allah Almighty be witness to your truth on Judgment Day concerning that which I’m talking about now.

“All this that I am telling you, you cannot feel it if you remain trapped within this mindset. You need to step outside of yourselves to be able to observe it and reflect on it from a more enlightened perspective.

“I say – and repeat again – that we are in need of a religious revolution. You, imams, are responsible before it is being torn, it is being destroyed, it is being lost – and it is being lost by our own hands,” El-Sisi said vehemently.

Read more at www.commdiginews.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Keep an eye on Egypt, it just may be, the way.

…In that day Israel will be the third party with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing in the midst of the earth, whom the LORD of hosts has blessed, saying,

"Blessed is Egypt My people, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance."

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Sisi tells Davos 2015: ‘no one can monopolize the truth’

Sisi tells Davos 2015: ‘no one can monopolize the truth’

“We must change the religious discourse and remove things that have led to violence,”

“No one can monopolize the truth. No one should believe their ideas are better than others,” Sisi added.

“Islam is a religion with values of tolerance. It should not be evaluated by the actions of murderers,” he said. “We must mobilize all our efforts to eliminate the scourge of terrorism.”

“If we are able to reach peace between Israel and Palestine we will create a new reality in the region,” he said.

“We welcome all ideas which will encourage Palestinians and Israelis to reach peace,” he said.

english.alarabiya.net...

edit on 093131p://bThursday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join