It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project GRASP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This might have been covered already but i still think it's pretty neat if true.

An anti-gravity device would revolutionise air travel

Researchers at the world's largest aircraft maker, Boeing, are using the work of a controversial Russian scientist to try to create a device that will defy gravity.
The company is examining an experiment by Yevgeny Podkletnov, who claims to have developed a device which can shield objects from the Earth's pull.

Dr Podkletnov is viewed with suspicion by many conventional scientists. They have not been able to reproduce his results.

The project is being run by the top-secret Phantom Works in Seattle, the part of the company which handles Boeing's most sensitive programmes.

The head of the Phantom Works, George Muellner, told the security analysis journal Jane's Defence Weekly that the science appeared to be valid and plausible.

Dr Podkletnov claims to have countered the effects of gravity in an experiment at the Tampere University of Technology in Finland in 1992.

The scientist says he found that objects above a superconducting ceramic disc rotating over powerful electromagnets lost weight.

The reduction in gravity was small, about 2%, but the implications - for example, in terms of cutting the energy needed for a plane to fly - were immense.

Scientists who investigated Dr Podkletnov's work, however, said the experiment was fundamentally flawed and that negating gravity was impossible.

Research explored

But documents obtained by Jane's Defence Weekly and seen by the BBC show that Boeing is taking Dr Podkletnov's research seriously.

The hypothesis is being tested in a programme codenamed Project Grasp.

Boeing is the latest in a series of high-profile institutions trying to replicate Dr Podkletnov's experiment.

The military wing of the UK hi-tech group BAE Systems is working on an anti-gravity programme, dubbed Project Greenglow.

The US space agency, Nasa, is also attempting to reproduce Dr Podkletnov's findings, but a preliminary report indicates the effect does not exist.

Sourced from

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Akatsuki

Yeah. As if Boeing has never heard a word about how UFOs move through the air and space. If they were starting out from scratch with genuine research, the first step in developing such miraculous locomotion would be to get a simple anti-gravity machine in operation.

However, anybody with a bit of knowledge about the way UFOs and triangles move knows that those craft go beyond being anti-gravity devices and move into the holy grail of machine travel. That would be the ability to make their craft null mass, without-mass or simply anti-mass. In that way you have a means to reach the stars and you can forget all about Einstein's limits he put on space travel, the speed of light, etc. But alas, threads on ATS repeatedly tend to discuss anti-gravity which would be the kindergarten for serious space travelers. I sometimes think that tendency to discuss "anti-gravity" is intentional, to somewhat obscure the real truth of what is kept hidden from us, yet plain to see and easy to visualize.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

An object will get fat and heavy because it cant move as fast the one that isn't. Relative motion. When a Ufo zips across the sky the earth is moving relative to the Ufo at the same speed, but in opposite direction. Hold on the earths too heavy to move but its happening because of relative motion. The trick to anti gravity is mabey to realise nothing is in standstill every things moving at a relative speed.

edit on 9-1-2015 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
If we are hearing about this on a website like BBC, I'm sure they've had a working model for at least 10 years

I think I've read a few descriptions of the inside of crafts by "alien abductees" that say something about a spinning ring inside a liquid tank or something along those lines...interesting

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Ning Li was able to get some results, after consulting with Evgeny.

Bob Noevers played a role, as well. And went on to do some other hush-hush projects afterwards.

Sometimes you start finding the same names over and over again on these projects. Hal Puthoff would be one excellent example. And in anti-grav, there are typically a few other names that get kicked around. But Podkletnov, and Li....kind of one shot ponies.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: coldkidc

Podkletnov's stuff first came around in the 90's. In the early 2000's Ning Li was doing work on this at NASA, in Birmingham. Dr. Robert Baker brokered a deal with her and the ARL for her to continue her work. The story goes that she took the money and ran. No one believes that story....

But she was a Chinese national. And it is not unlikely that she could have ended up back in China. Where, as fate would have it, Dr. Robert Baker ended up working with Buzz Aldrin, Hal Puthoff, and a bevy of Chinese scientists on High Frequency Gravitational Waves.

But this isn't really anti-gravity. Its a trick using superconductors.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Good to know...thanks for the history lesson!

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Just create Electro magnetism.

How else does the Earth stay afloat?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Ning Li was able to get some results, after consulting with Evgeny.

Bob Noevers played a role, as well. And went on to do some other hush-hush projects afterwards.

Sometimes you start finding the same names over and over again on these projects. Hal Puthoff would be one excellent example. And in anti-grav, there are typically a few other names that get kicked around. But Podkletnov, and Li....kind of one shot ponies.
not really. at least not podkletnov. he's still working it hard in russia. he didn't stop. now Ning Li got accused of some impropriety and disappeared back to china.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
double post. please delete.
edit on 9-1-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
OP, your source is 13 years old. Boeing have denied the claims in the OP:

archive.today...

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: coldkidc
If we are hearing about this on a website like BBC, I'm sure they've had a working model for at least 10 years

I think I've read a few descriptions of the inside of crafts by "alien abductees" that say something about a spinning ring inside a liquid tank or something along those lines...interesting
I have heard something like that in my digging around, i think it was tied into red mercury? or some super heavy element that they harnessed.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: coldkidc

Podkletnov's stuff first came around in the 90's. In the early 2000's Ning Li was doing work on this at NASA, in Birmingham.

Huntsville. She was a professor at UAH.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
True enough the link is old, i just had a quick search into it further and came across Boeings Phantom Works i can't seem to find anything related to anti-gravity there however they have their hands in alot of pies so to speak. I will dig further and see if i can find any factual info regardning this. a reply to: GetHyped

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Found a update on Dr. Podkletnov
"American Antigravity interviewed Eugene Podkletnov to discuss recent (2004 to 2013) experimental antigravity research in gravity modification and superconductors. For nearly two decades Dr. Podkletnov has been researching the link between gravitation and high-temperature superconductors, and just recently published the peer-review results of new experiments he’s conducted to measure the speed of a force-beam projected by a stationary superconducting apparatus he’s developed.

Podkletnov is well-known for his experiments involving YBCO superconductors, which produced a gravity-shielding effect that was investigated by NASA and has been the subject of many peer-review papers. He describes continuing his experiments in this area, and indicates that he has made continuing progress in creating an antigravity effect that partially shields the mass of objects placed above the rotating disks.

Dr. Podkletnov also describes his “force beam generator” experiment in detail, and provides insights into improvements that he’s made over the last decade to increase the force produced by this experimental gravity-beam. The force beam is generated by passing a high-voltage discharge from a Marx-generator through a YBCO emitter suspended in a magnetic field, and Podkletnov has described it as being powerful enough to knock over objects in the lab, as well as capable of being tuned by even punch holes in solid materials.

Podkletnov recently published a peer-review paper on the force beam experiment entitled “Study of Light Interaction with Gravity Impulses and Measurements of the Speed of Gravity Impulses” along with co-author Dr. Giovanni Modanese, and describes the findings of his study, which involved measuring the speed of the force-beam using two separate, but cross-correlated measurement techniques. After careful testing, Podkletnov has found the speed of the antigravity impulse to be approximately 64 times the speed of light (64c), which he indicates does not conflict with modern interpretations of Relativity Theory.

Podkletnov describes an antigravity effect generated by rotating magnetic fields that requires no superconductors to be generated, and suggests that it may provide an economical tool for future space & energy research.

Podkletnov maintains that a laboratory installation in Russia has already demonstrated the 4in (10cm) wide beam’s ability to repel objects a kilometre away and that it exhibits negligible power loss at distances of up to 200km. Such a device, observers say, could be adapted for use as an anti-satellite weapon or a ballistic missile shield. Podkletnov declared that any object placed above his rapidly spinning superconducting apparatus lost up to 2% of its weight.

-There have been claims over the years (2002, 2014) that Boeing and others are researching the Podkletnov work.-

BBC News reported in 2002 of the possible investigation by Boeing of Podkletnov's work.

Study of Light Interaction with Gravity Impulses and Measurements of the Speed of Gravity Impulses by Evgeny Podkletnov and Giovanni Modanese

An attempt has been made in this work to study the scattering of laser light by the gravity-like impulse produced in an impulse gravity generator (IGG) and also an experiment has been conducted in order to determine the propagation speed of the gravity impulse. The light attenuation was found to last between 34 and 48 ns and to increase with voltage, up to a maximum of 7% at 2000 kV. The propagation time of the pulse over a distance of 1211 m was measured recording the response of two identical piezoelectric sensors connected to two synchronized rubidium atomic clocks. The delay was 631 ns, corresponding to a propagation speed of 64c. The theoretical analysis of these results is not simple and requires a quantum picture. Different targets (ballistic pendulums, photons, piezoelectric sensors) appear to be affected by the IGG beam in different ways, possibly reacting to components of the beam which propagate with different velocities. Accordingly, the superluminal correlation between the two sensors does not necessarily imply superluminal information transmission. Using the microscopic model for the emission given in Chapter 5, we also have estimated the cross-sectional density of virtual gravitons in the beam and we have shown that their propagation velocity can not be fixed by the emission process. The predicted rate of graviton-photon scattering is consistent with the observed laser attenuation."
Source

It mentions boeing yet doesn't elabourate further. a reply to: Akatsuki

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Podkletnov, Ning Li and Martin Tajmar's devices are of a distinct class like the devices of White, Shawyer, Cannae and the chinese devices belong to a distinct class.

Podkletnov, Ning Li and Martin Tajmar's devices all use rotating super conductors or magnets at a high speed of rotation.

White, Shawyer, Cannae and the Chinese devices all depend on either a resonant cavity or a solid state equivelent doing essentially the same thing as each member of thier class.

Arguably Woodward and White also claim some different functions such as warping space. Woodward believes his device harnesses a Mach Effect gravitational inertia of moving masses while white attributes his device's (essentially a Woodward ME thruster) function to the virtual plasma. I Woodwards claims are true however his device will go way beyond being a mere thruster and opens the door to wormhole physics.

The Pares' device seems most similar to the Shawyer et al; family of devices though he claims warp effects too.

the current state of things is the white et al, group has the most mainstream support. Podkletnov is distrusted perhaps without justification. Ning Li got accused of impropriety in handling research funds or something like that and Tajmar came to believe he had made an experimental error and retracted.

That said; Podkletnov has the most interesting claims based on magnitude though Pares is a close second and closing the gap rapidly. Like I said though the other group has the most replication and scientific peer scrutiny.

edit on 11-1-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
One thing that surprises me is all the folks from over the world not working together to achieve this. It doesn't seem all that impossible and yet it hasn't been released as a commercial product. The potential postive applications are staggering and yet it could be held off because of simple greed or control. it's a shame. a reply to: stormbringer1701

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Probably because every time people try to work together openly or in secrecy but heavy geographic spread... Relationships sour, money goes missing, data appears disappears and changes at random....

new topics

top topics

join