It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full video of Tamir Rice shooting released

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
a reply to: Domo1

For some reason I can't bring myself to watch this video. Little kids getting SMOKED for no real reason is just tragic.

*Spoiler Alert*

Well that's not what it shows, but I still advise you not to watch the video unless you want to see a young man committing suicide for God only knows why.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This reminds me of exactly how the John Crawford shooting played out.

Police claimed aggressive actions by the victim, and people gave them the benefit of the doubt. Then some footage came out, then more, and nothing looks good about it now.

The difference in this case is that the officers weren't cleared before any footage was released.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

It is exactly what happend.
The cop gets out of his car and shots him as he was falling over.
The kid didn't even have time to react. The car came flying in door opens and shots fired.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
I dont think you can defend this. There is concrete video evidence and Rice did NOT raise the gun or act in a threatening manner towards the officers. They drove right in and shot him immediately. S&F but they may take this thread down because it shows the shooting...I guess its against T&c's or something.

I agree that it cannot be defended and it did not need to happen but I disagree that the boy did not raise the "gun".

He gets up when he sees the police coming at .11 he brings his hands up and in front at .12 he is holding his hands in a shooting stance he brings them down when he is shot. It is all ridiculously fast. No drop the gun no talk nothing!

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

The kid was sitting at a picnic table waiting for the cops. When he sees them rolling up, he jumps up and starts walking towards the path of the car while handling the gun with both hands (a bit of showmanship on his part).

He wanted the cops to see a gangsta preparing for a shootout with them, and that's exactly what they saw.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Not what I saw at all.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Not what most people saw I'm sure, but that's the funny thing about perception isn't it?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

When all you've got is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

edit on 10-1-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Not what I saw at all.

Did you stop the video per frame?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

No. How would I do that, tap, tap tap? I did enlarge it as much as I could. I didn't see any aggression coming from Tamir.

The gun was obviously in his waistband. If the police are telling the truth, and they yelled at him to drop the gun, he would have had to reach for it for that to have happened.

Just like the guy who got stopped at the gas station and got out. The police officer asked for his ID, and when he went for it, the cop shot him.

ETS: Here's a picture of what I believe to be the moment Tamir reached into his waist band to collect the BB gun, as soon as he heard the command, "Drop the gun!". It's at .10 seconds in. I know it's a sucky picture, but I can't snip when the video is in full screen mode.

edit on 10-1-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

tap, tap tap

Yes it actually works pretty well.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

LOL

Well, I did my best, but the last I checked, there were 24 frames per second in a video recording.

I did some editing in college, back when Beta was the media, lol, and we COULD stop, view and manipulate each frame. It was a weird "Twilight Zone" kind of feeling of control. But, I'm afraid I can't do any where near that kind of thing on my laptop.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
dude no, what I see is entirely open to interpretation. For instance all I see is maybe a kid with his hands in his pockets. In any case the moment he would have removed them to comply they still shot him because he "may have been" pulling out a weapon. Not to mention they did not even take the paved asphalt mere feet away and may have damaged their own vehicle if the tires were just a little bit more worn.

Even if you could blow up the picture you would need to digitally enhance it to reduce noise and grain and see where his hands were indeed. At that point it would become inadmissible anyways because it was "altered" to get the picture presented.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I can't lie--after watchng the video a few more times, I can see your interpretation relatively clearly. The problem I have is right before the officer fires, you can't see what Rice's hands are doing because it's all too dark. But it does appear that he is holding the weapon with both hands, walking toward the path of the vehicle as it approaches.

Am I missing something, here...is there no police-cam footage from the vehicle? That would at least (hopefully) have a clearer picture of what he was doing as the vehicle approached. He's probably out of view at the end, but would could at least see if he had the weapon in his hands.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join