It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"There are no great religions. They're all stupid and dangerous..."

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Igloo...

Personal responsibility is not something which one hands over to God, if one has faith. If one has faith in God, and wishes to be attendant to his will, one does not abandon ones children or any child, in favour of becoming intoxicated with drink to the exclusion of all else. To do so, and then throw ones hands up and pray without acting to benefit the situation is not the same as being a tolerant, understanding, and forgiving person, which is what belief in Christ is about.

And one does not have faith because it makes them feel chosen or special, or at least, I do not. I believe, because I can, and because even if it turns out that the afterlife is a huge cosmic joke, I know that if I follow the path laid before me as a believer, as hard as it may be to do some times, I will have lived a life that I will be able to look back on with far fewer regrets than many people I have known. You see, I get a kick out of doing good things for folk when I can. I am a man of small means, but I do what I can, when I can. I would get a kick out of it, even if I did not believe, but I do.

That said, what right has anyone to suggest that I should not believe, because some people who profess to faith do bad things in the name of God!? What right have people to judge Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Pagans of every stripe, based on the actions of a minority of people who, very often are acting AGAINST their stated religious convictions?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

It's a natural evolution of systems.

Over time, corporations will transform, towards a focus on human survival. It won't be a perfect system, there can never be one, but it will be necessary due to the increasing level of technology. Corporations will eventually fade away, leaving a one world system. This system will only have the resemblance of corporations in it's structure, but if you want a rudimentary label, we are transforming into a Global Scientific Dictatorship. This may not sound that great, but all alternatives are collapse of civilization and possible extinction.

Maybe set aside the predisposed emotions and beliefs one has been indoctrinated with, before casting final judgment.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

I'm not indoctrinated nor do i presume to know what's gonna happen in the future, everything you said is speculation.

I live in the present not some made up future I probably won't live to see, unless the world ends in 100 or so years and by then we're already fu$$$$

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Yes, religion is dangerous. It teaches that man can achieve godliness by his works. True spirituality, on the other hand, is a relationship with God that comes by accepting His forgiveness for our iniquity. That forgiveness can only be accepted by faith in the fact that Jesus died for our sins.

While the religious struggle to out do eachother in some sanctimonious rat race to get the best seat in heaven, my brothers/sisters and I rest knowing that we are already redeemed in Christ.

Religion=desparation, and a desparate man is a danger to himself and those around him.

Faith in Christ=rest, those who are at rest have the stability of happiness.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I find it strange that a human can write and seem to understand such a non dualistic parable and then not follow the logical thought process in the rest of the Qur'an making logical mistakes that is not derived from this parable that is so simple. This I could believe comes from the divine ones. But as always humanity screws up the implementation and fall into doctrine and in the end the implementation becomes an idol of what it should be.

But then Paul corrupted Jesus teachings so it is not only in Islam that the small mindedness removes the higher level awareness thinking.

Thank you for the post since now I see where Rumi got helped thru the Qur'an to reach the understanding he had.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

The Tran Pacific and Trans Atlantic Partnership are the crucial next steps.

Whether you want to believe or not, it will come to fruition.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

TrueBrit... thank you for taking time to reply and please understand I do not mean to offend anyone on a personal level, because when religions stays personal it does no harm. My rant was based on my family not taking personal responsibility and it spilling over onto others.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Using Jesus as an escape pod that Paul created without following Yeshuas own words that you prove that you are a sheep instead of a goat thru action. The reason your statement annoys me is that there is a lot of souls who are going to screw up because of this lie/simplefication and not sort out their lives and action because they believe they have a free pass to do whatever insane thing without consequences as longs as they say Jesus died for my sins.

True calmness comes from the spirit energy infused in the body. Making the body feel alive on a very high level for the awareness connected to the body. Experiencing symbiosis with spirit. Maybe even knowing what it means to experience "Christ consciousness".
edit on 8-1-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

My peace only came after I rested my faith in Christ. Before then I tried various other methods to harmonize with my spirit with no lasting success. I dont understand what disturbs you about my faith. I am happy, I am stable, and I make a living by keeping people well at a low cost to them. I have learned to love others as myself. I was not like this before I knew Christ.

Even if everything I believe about Christ does happen to be wrong, what danger am I in??? Im honest, I try to remain humble, and Ive learned to treat others as I would like to be treated. I have forgiveness and peace. You only have peace from your spirit. If I dont have forgiveness, then atleast I still have peace.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

You have to be able to logically use critical thinking of religions and not give religions a free pass on faith just because people are trying to understand and connect to something that is in a way to advanced for the human awareness/psyche to handle.

I understand not judging when you cannot see. But when you can see a bigger picture on a spiritual meta level then should you not tell people about the logical errors in doctrine so they can be corrected and lower the suffering of humans caused by faulty doctrines.

If you do not allow questioning then the spiritual knowledge will not evolve and the priest of doctrine will be like the Pharisees in the bible using the doctrines to make sure people fail to spiritually reach another level.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

I wish it was so.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I should also answer your question about the world being more peaceful. I'm not sure how reliable you find NPR, but here it is.

War And Violence On The Decline In Modern Times

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I don't see much point in cursing religion as we all know if there was no religion the violence hate groups/individuals wouldn't stop. The problem stems in the psychological condition of the human being which has been personified in many historical philosophy literature, from Devil to Angel, Jekkal and Hyde, from man to werewolf....its the dark monster from the ID from Forbbiden Planet which can manifest itself through whatever conduit we choose, if its no the conduit of religion it will be something else.

Later, while Adams confronts Morbius at his home, Ostrow sneaks away to use the Krell educator; as Morbius had warned, however, he is fatally injured. Ostrow explains to Adams that the Great Machine was built to materialize anything the Krell could imagine, projecting matter anywhere on the planet. However, with his dying breath, he also says the Krell forgot one thing: "Monsters from the Id!" Adams asserts that Morbius' subconscious mind, enhanced by the "plastic educator", can utilize the Great Machine, recreating the Id monster that killed the original expedition and attacked the C-57D crew. Morbius refuses to accept this conclusion.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Good for you
. I do not think you are in a real danger as long as you are a nice person following the golden rule.

As I stated above the trouble I have with the Jesus dying for our sins thinking is that some people will use faith as an excuse and therefor fail in doing what Jesus told them to. I want souls to succeed and therefor I want them to be the sheep in action no matter what reasoning of faith they have so that they will be known for their fruits.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

If you have personal responsibility, human compassion, and respect for others, I don't care what you believe. Zealots are going away. We call them terrorists now. Violent ideologies are only part of why. This is the world we live in at this time. The sad part is many religions give them the rope.

I'm not better than anyone. I want peace on earth and good will towards men. I do see a problem. It's society and the structure it has been built on. I am open to suggestions on how to peacefully co-exist but I'm not blind to the evil that men do either.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I see your concern, but understand that a monster is a monster whether or not he hides behind Christ. A believer who truely loves Christ will seek to follow His instruction.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The true problem is US, not any of our beliefs or institutions. After all, Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot killed millions with no great religion to blame.

We are awful beings when we let ourselves be. Most of the evil in the world comes from us, from our own actions toward each other. It's in our nature. Religions, the great ones, are there in part to try to teach us how to curb those dark impulses, but again, it's our nature to take things which should be good and twist and pervert them after our own selfish ends.

What you see is the symptom of the disease and you miss the root cause here - us.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Most of the evil in the world comes from us, from our own actions toward each other.

Where else would it come from?

All religion also "comes from us".

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm leaning towards that theory.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555
Mankind has always come up with excuses to do harm on each other, and religion has been used as an excuse many times. To blame religion is like blaming the gun on a shooting. We have to assign the blame to the individuals not the excuses, or tools. There has been many deaths committed in hopes of eradicating religion in many areas around the world, how do you blame the belief in god on that? I am a christian, you are an atheist, your neighbor is a hindu, my neighbor is a mormon, who cares as long as we act civil. When one group of people think they have the only right answer, thats when evil is committed, regardless of beliefs. Don't blame the religion! blame the person!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join