It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Around the World in 50 Dishes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Ok, I admit today was another slow day at work.

So I toured the world in food photos. For most of these, I was thinking, "Yep. Looks good. Yum. Ok ..." Then, WTF Iceland?! I forgot about hakarl.
But to go from pretty plated dishes of arranged and prepared food to slabs of shark that's obviously seen better days hanging from barn rafters is a bit jarring.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The roast beef looks under done.
The ASADO from Argentina looks amazing as does the BIGOS (POLAND), I have had PHO (VIETNAM) and is yummy also the FRIKADELLER (DENMARK) but I had that when I lived in the Netherlands.

Boy I want it all...everyday.
Cheers for making me hungry

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

The roast beef looked awesome, but I tend to like my cow still slightly alive when it comes to me.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

"Chiles en nogada" for Mexico??? There are soooo many better choices in Mexican quisine than Poblano peppers stuffed with walnuts and slathered in pomengranite seeds.

"Bulgogi" Oh yeah, love me some bulgogi.

That looks like no goulash I have ever seen...

Varenyky (along with pretty much any slavic dumpling, peroshky, perogie, etc) are incredibly good. That makes me hungry just looking at the picture.

Add pelmeni to the above. :p

POUTINE! Now we're talking.

Really? Smoked salmon for Scotland? I'd change that to a Scotch Egg, get rid of that nasty Icelandic Hakaril and give Iceland back their "smoked salmon" (gravlox).

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

The roast beef looks under done.
The ASADO from Argentina looks amazing as does the BIGOS (POLAND), I have had PHO (VIETNAM) and is yummy also the FRIKADELLER (DENMARK) but I had that when I lived in the Netherlands.

Boy I want it all...everyday.
Cheers for making me hungry

That beef is too rare for me too.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Ok, I admit today was another slow day at work.

So I toured the world in food photos. For most of these, I was thinking, "Yep. Looks good. Yum. Ok ..." Then, WTF Iceland?! I forgot about hakarl.
But to go from pretty plated dishes of arranged and prepared food to slabs of shark that's obviously seen better days hanging from barn rafters is a bit jarring.

I've seen Andrew Zimmern tackle that rotten shark, hakarl, too. This is a guy who can eat live worms, and he had trouble getting the hakarl down.

What a disservice to Iceland to use hakarl as an example of Icelandic cuisine. I thought hakarl was Viking survival food and only made now as a tribute to their ancestors.

new topics

top topics

join