It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia says drivers must not have 'sex disorders'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Russia has listed transsexual and transgender people among those who will no longer qualify for driving licences.
Fetishism, exhibitionism and voyeurism are also included as "mental disorders" now barring people from driving.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Wow this is stupid and sure is wrong in my opinion.
Why can't transgender people drive? I just can't believe it....
It must be against human rights eh?.

I think the real problem is drink driving...that is the cause for the so many accidents.

www.ibtimes.com...

edit on 8-1-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
And people continue to argue that Russia is just as free as the US. It's been almost half a century since the West labeled these sexual preferences as mental illnesses. And even then those people were still allowed to drive.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I hope Agent USA supporter comes in to try and defend this...

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Russia is free in terms of national debt. I would understand transexuals, but homosexual people....why?

(post by MALBOSIA removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I hope Agent USA supporter comes in to try and defend this...

I hope "Team America" better known as USA decides to keep their noses out of other country's business and pays more attention to what is going on within their decrepit borders. We have famine, immigration issues, political/corporate corruption, racial baiting/division problems and a judicial/enforcement system that is need of a complete overhaul; heck, we issue driver's licenses to people that rate not even legal immigrants!

If Russians have problems within their own borders, let the Russians deal with it!

If Americans have problems within their borders, Let Americans deal with it.

If any developed country has problems within their borders, let them deal with it and we can stop the corporate wars….

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
That's unreal lol people should be allowed to be who they recognise as. a reply to: boymonkey74

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

So forget about basic human rights eh? as long as it is over there you don't care....got it.
Oh and team usa supporter is a member who likes russia I would love to hear his spin on it.
edit on 8-1-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
this is a new low for russia. the good thing is the people affected by this can decide to freely leave the country and not deal with this nonsense.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Heruactic

Russia is free in terms of national debt. I would understand transexuals, but homosexual people....why?

Feel free to cite whatever statistics you can find that indicate transexuals are worse drivers than regularsexuals.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname

If Russians have problems within their own borders, let the Russians deal with it!

If any developed country has problems within their borders, let them deal with it and we can stop the corporate wars….

Excellent point. Next time I hear my neighbor beating his kids within the borders of his own house, I'm just going to let his family deal with it. I got too many problems of my own to care what's happening to anyone outside of my immediate presence.
edit on 8-1-2015 by muchmadness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Double post... but I stand by my previous comment.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Well, good I don't live in Russia. Lady luck was kind to me at birth.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Triple... son of a...

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

As a male I don't want to get beaten up by a "female" in a road rage incident in front of everyone.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I think the tea party folks would like a law like this in America.

how will they enforce this law, will they make you drop your pants when you go to get your drivers license to make sure you have all the parts you`re suppose to have?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Except these sexual preferences are not insanity. Look in the DSM. Every disorder contains one or both of the following criteria: 1.) the person poses a threat to their own being or others; 2.) the behavior causes impairment in the person's social, occupational, or educational activities. These sexual preferences don't fall into either of these categories. Even the psychiatrists of Russia say that these new laws are appalling.

The only laughable thing about this is the Kremlin trying to pass this off as a means to decrease traffic accidents. If that's truly what they were going for then why not prohibit alcoholics and people with other substance abuse problems from driving. I'm sure someone drunk off their ass or someone high on krokodil is much more likely to cause an accident than a transgender or compulsive gambler. This is merely Putin restricting the rights of those he deems undesirable. A trait common in all dictators.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
You mean they pass laws without asking the peoples opinion , too?

Imagine that…

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
should make for an interesting scenario....how do they police this ?...like random breath tests do they have random sex tests set up on the side of the road..."driver please exit the vehicle and remove your pants"

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: muchmadness

originally posted by: notmyrealname

Excellent point. Next time I hear my neighbor beating his kids within the borders of his own house, I'm just going to let his family deal with it. I got too many problems of my own to care what's happening to anyone outside of my immediate presence.

Nice try with the red herring argument: Since when did local community issues which can be resolved by a decent community watch program become related to issues that can only be dealt with throughout sanctions or bombs? Do you really think you can solve all problems in the same manner?!

In addition, what would you do if you heard someone disciplining their children? Would you prevent them from buying groceries to punish the parent? Would you sit off their heat in the winter to punish them and make them stop? or would you go over and threaten them with physical harm with a weapon of some sort?

Who put you in charge of determining whether the punishment was too severe for the infraction? Who asked you to get involved? Were you elected by the community? What qualifications do you have to be a potential judge, jury and executioner in any situation. Maybe you should just mind your own business.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join