It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A call to arms, to honor, and to duty.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Fellow members, I beseech you to come to my aid, nay, the aid of a far greater man.

I have been in correspondence with an esteemed and revered ATS member who has temporarily (hopefully) lost his posting privileges. A member who dedicated his life�s work to the betterment of ATS (and the democratization of a couple of continents), a man who has held steadfast to the mission of ATS. That man is General Dilemma, a most worthy and valuable contributor to ATS. A visionary, who has been struck down in the twilight of his years, an administrator of indeterminable wit, a brilliant commander of the realm. Please assist me in returning General Dilemma to his rightful place amongst the ATSers, his posts flashing in the sun, ignorance crushed under his mighty boot.

This ATS icon must be restored! I petition the civilian oversight (or Overlord, Skeptic one each) for General Dilemma�s purposeful stride upon the shores of ATS, a man vindicated, a General in charge once more, a legend returned.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I'd heard the former general has already returned, although stripped of his rank; he is now posting as Corporal Punishment.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
HEHE
It will never happen. Where is Valhall when you need her?

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Sounds to me like General Dilemma has fallen foul of Corporal Punishment.

What exactly was General Dilemma wrongly accused of. I say wrongly, as the mods don't normally use their powers in ignorance.?

Looks like Off The Street beat me to it, i'm gonna have to stop typing with my feet....!!

[edit on 14-12-2004 by Koka]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
I'd heard the former general has already returned, although stripped of his rank; he is now posting as Corporal Punishment.

Corporal Punishment? This is an outrage! The General would never stoop to post as an enlisted man. No field officer worth his stars would allow such an ignominy, further reason the General must be reinstated.

Carry on.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
How can we be sure that you are not the General? You sure are pushing hard for his reenstatement. I think You are the General and you want your rank back

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Well said Major, I served under General Dilemma and I can say there isn�t a finer General in all of ATS. To top it all off, he wasn�t afraid of picking up a bar tab down at the �O� Club either, a rare trait for flag rank.

Bring him back!

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Major Discrepancy
Corporal Punishment? This is an outrage! The General would never stoop to post as an enlisted man. No field officer worth his stars would allow such an ignominy, further reason the General must be reinstated.

Carry on.

Surely if he is so for ATS and does so much for ATS he will post regardless of stature or rank. Surely the good of the forum is the highest priority not the ranking of an individual. Moderators are not outside the ruls of the board they are their to enforce them.

What's wrong with us "enlisted" posters, if he believes he is better than us "mere minions" who fill this forum with posts he doesn't deserve the stars you boast on his behalf.

It seems a little to important to you that he is re-instated, was he your shower buddy or something. If it was that important why has he not commented himself, if you are not he that is.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
How can we be sure that you are not the General? You sure are pushing hard for his reenstatement. I think You are the General and you want your rank back

I can assure you in no uncertain terms that I am NOT General Dilemma, I am Major Discrepancy, and would never even dream of being able to command the respect of said General, nor would I wish to. The General's rank is intact; I am merely making a request for his return to his rightful place at ATS.

Carry on.

[edit on 14-12-2004 by Major Discrepancy]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I have my lurking suspicion that The General, the Major and the Corporal are actually the same person. A person that we know who simply wants to cause a ruckus and does so by attacking the more...progressive members of society.

Frankly, I'd rather not see him back. The board has enough drama even with the more deviant members of society exiled to the eternal mudpit of PTS.

DE

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The General is an inspiration whose tactics are not understood by lily livered administrators. I swore an oath of fealty to him and shall follow him to the gates of hell. Semper Fi.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
As a shy and understated member of the ATS forum, one who would never tweek his fellow members, I have no opionion here. Long live the Libs...They make it fun anyway.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Major Dilemma,

I too mourn the forced absence of the General...probably not for the same reason as you.

As the situation currently stands, the General was dismissed with his offensive false accusation on the rotund nature of myself - and I was left to "waddle off" without being able to defend myself.

If you decide to strike, or have a sit-in or - maybe a big buffet *
* - in protest of this action...I'll be there.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Dang Val, I was hoping for the coup degras of attacks here
After your last run in with the Gen, I must say, you let go of the grudges much quicker then me

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bondi
Surely if he is so for ATS and does so much for ATS he will post regardless of stature or rank. Surely the good of the forum is the highest priority not the ranking of an individual. Moderators are not outside the ruls of the board they are their to enforce them.

Straight off the streets and you think you know everything, typical recruit. The General can�t post because of the civilian administration here, quite similar to the misguided squelching of General Douglas MacArthur.

What's wrong with us "enlisted" posters, if he believes he is better than us "mere minions" who fill this forum with posts he doesn't deserve the stars you boast on his behalf.

There�s nothing �wrong� with the enlisted posters here on ATS, they�re the back bone of this and every army, but the General isn�t going to be relegated to such a status.

It seems a little to important to you that he is re-instated, was he your shower buddy or something. If it was that important why has he not commented himself, if you are not he that is.

Shower buddy? Spending too much time with the homophobia threads are we? Neither I nor the General have �shower buddies.� Don�t make me go �Full Metal Jacket� on you recruit, that see no, hear no, speak no attitude will land you on KP duty for a month, and there are a lot of potatoes to peel for this man�s ATS.

Drop and give me twenty.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Dang Val, I was hoping for the coup degras of attacks here
After your last run in with the Gen, I must say, you let go of the grudges much quicker then me

Are you kidding? I'm willing to protest to get him back on here so I can kick his teeth in!

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Are you kidding? I'm willing to protest to get him back on here so I can kick his teeth in!

Thats the Val I was waiting for

If the Gen comes back, I got $200 on Val. Any takers? Before you bet, let me just tell you, I tried a go at Vall before and came out looking like Springer after his eye surgery

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
So Major, I take it that you think that the "general" is a useful primate? Obviously the staff has taken a different opinion. It is his move to make for reinstatement, by way of u2u, would be my guess.
So you can stand down.

Intrepid,

Secretary of Defence.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Major Dilemma,

I too mourn the forced absence of the General...probably not for the same reason as you.

As the situation currently stands, the General was dismissed with his offensive false accusation on the rotund nature of myself - and I was left to "waddle off" without being able to defend myself.

If you decide to strike, or have a sit-in or - maybe a big buffet *
* - in protest of this action...I'll be there.

As I previously alluded to, I am in constant correspondence with the General, and I am well aware of your connection to him, he has been quite candid. I for one abstain from the diatribes that he so often engages in. He does send his well wishes to you personally, and will be sending several metric tons of chocolate to you for Christmas via airdrop.

Carry on.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Major Discrepancy
Straight off the streets and you think you know everything, typical recruit.

You make out this person is bigger than ATS. If he broke the rules of the forum in the eyes of administration, then he deserves to be gone.

There�s nothing �wrong� with the enlisted posters here on ATS, they�re the back bone of this and every army, but the General isn�t going to be relegated to such a status.

I take it he has told you he will not then? Any person of rank not prepared to do the duties of those beneath them should not have rank. And a person directed by status and rank is a person of low moral standing.

Shower buddy? Spending too much time with the homophobia threads are we?

Didn't say there was anything against it did I, therefore I do not show the signs of having a phobia, I merely asked the question.

Neither I nor the General have �shower buddies.�

You've seen him in the shower then

Don�t make me go �Full Metal Jacket� on you recruit,

I am no recruit of yours or anyones, and if you are offering free jackets gladly pass one my way, I'll take it down the homeless shelter they appreciate that kind of thing.

that see no, hear no, speak no attitude will land you on KP duty for a month

The see, hear and speak no is annotation to truth, not bull which you are obvioulsy full off

and there are a lot of potatoes to peel for this man�s ATS.

It's this attitude that probably got him in trouble in the first place, there is a section on the left of the forum homepage that tells you who's ATS this is and those that are in the seats of power so to speak. Deny Ignorance is the motto, try not being ignorant.

Drop and give me twenty.

You hold no rank over me, and you hold no position to give me orders you are merely an "enlisted" like me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join