It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims segregated from French society in growing Islamist mini-states

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Why does anyone think this is exclusive to the UK.

Nobody does, but it makes substantially bigger ripples in Euro countries thanks to their small size.

These places are also popping up in Norway within Oslo. They're not funded by anyone though, and this issue has been an issue for quite some time. The problem is they do not want to integrate, and thanks to the government helping immigrant business owners with various benefits, they create their own stores for clothing, groceries, restaurants, whatever it may be meaning they don't have to learn the language and have anything to do with others outside their own culture.

I got to know a Somali who had lived in Norway for over ten years, he didn't speak a lick of Norwegian, his English was broken at best. Ten years! His wife didn't either, and she couldn't any English! Neither had jobs, they instead relied on government money.

Mass immigration is a failure, it was never a well thought out plan. The problem is that there are many who just don't want to integrate. You have those who DO, but the government does such a poor job of it as it is that they get little help to do so often falling through the cracks. It takes them years to do it on their own, which means they have to live on social welfare until they're apt enough in the language to actually be able to work.

Not everything is the immigrants fault, I place blame exactly down the middle. On one hand, we have a government that's hell bent on being so liberal that they flood the borders each year with thousands of immigrants without a proper background check, and on the other we have immigrants who want their host country to adhere to THEM.

There is no politically correct solution to the problem.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Auricom

Your answer to immigration is what?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I am not sure whether France's policies have been on purposeful segregation, but experience in the UK is that some immigrant groups go out of their way to be separate from their host nation, presumably because they want to retain their legacy identity. Examples include Muslims, many of whom are unable to integrate and ignore things like women's rights.

With a mind-set that refuses integration we end up with self imposed separation.

Some people may react to what I have stated, but do the research and you will see that Muslim women are held back in UK society by cultural constraints.

Regards

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: sayzaar
There are entire towns in the UK which are almost completely Muslim. From what i understand if you're white or suspected of being non muslim then you will be violently evicted from those towns.

Why does anyone think this is exclusive to the UK or anywhere else?

There are many places in the U.S. you don't go if you don't belong.

There are many areas in the US where people of same ethnicity or belief congregate.

But the U.S. apparently isn't publishing information about established "zones" like France is.

You seem nervous about something.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: sayzaar

Can you please tell me where these places are then?.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I think they are talking about areas like Bradford - Manchester.. I don't know if those areas are what some try to make them out to be though, since I have never been.

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

There are entire towns in the UK which are almost completely Muslim. From what i understand if you're white or suspected of being non muslim then you will be violently evicted from those towns.

There are many areas in the US where people of same ethnicity or belief congregate.

But the U.S. apparently isn't publishing information about established "zones" like France is.

My straight forward statements give off a nervous vibe?

I know, you know, any emotional interpretation comes from he who interprets.

link   
a reply to: Annee

I have none, except maybe reduce immigration to a trickle. This way you can take the time to integrate new arrivals instead of allowing them to amass amongst themselves instead of becoming part of their host countries society.

For as it stands today, Europe allows far too many people within it's borders without knowing WHO they are. Like in the case of Sadi Bugingo who came to Norway in 2001. Thanks to little to no background checks, he lived free for many years before the Rwandan government contacted Norway alerting them to this man complicit in helping to murder over 2000 individuals. (Link)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Tightly controlled immigration is a great thing. You get people committed to integrating into the country and follow all of the necessary protocol to become one of the population. I consider myself a rather good example of successful immigration policies by countries.

In Japan, it's tough to immigrate, and even tougher to naturalize. I know my own naturalization here is years away, and I am using that time to refine my Japanese, learn the history, absorb and acclimate to the culture, and become as much of a Japanese citizen as my neighbors. With loose immigration laws, you have people who move to a country and instead of integrating into the existing culture, they instead try to PUSH their own culture on those around them. If I went around to my friends and co-workers constantly telling them how things were in the U.S. and how the U.S. is so much better, well, I wouldn't have many friends. I don't push my culture on other people. I am dedicated to becoming a Japanese citizen, so I do my best to be one even before I'm legally one. There are others who immigrate here, realize how hard it is to naturalize, and give up and go home, or their visas run out and they are deported. Immigrating here was hard, but you know what? I appreciate what I have here so much more BECAUSE I had to work hard to get here and stay here. I don't take it for granted, and I think that mentality is important.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

That is key right there. For proper integration into society immigration must be very very slow.. trickle them in, make sure one group is fully integrated, trickle in a few more. Never too many all at once, and never the next group too soon before the previous group is fully settled in.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Your avoiding the topic about France is vibrant indeed.

Strange.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Iam from Manchester grew up in Moss side and now live just near Bradford in a densely populated Muslim area (my family are the only none Muslims in the street) and I have never had any trouble whatsoever.
I even chat to the local Imman when I see him and have attended his Mosque when I took a patient I used to look after.
I always here about no go zones around here from people not from here.....I have seen one.

edit on 8-1-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Strange.

No.

I'm just straight forward logical.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I used to have online friends who were from that area. They were very big on fighting extremism.

What I heard from them of the area, is much different than what you hear from some of these white people.. so I just figured I didn't know.. lol.. but the people from there who I know were pretty awesome in my book.
edit on 8-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

People just want the best for their kids and kin all around the world in my experience.
I talk to my neighbors often about the world and stuff over a curry and not one would agree to any type of fundamentalism.
Heck most are as British as me

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Your answer to immigration is what?

I think immigration should be limited and monitored very closely.

As the immigrants assimilate, learn the country's home language, and abide by the laws, then and only then should they be allowed to stay and apply for citizenship. There should be a reasonable length of time allowed for this to happen, and if not accomplished by then.....out.

Also....and I think this is key....immigration from certain areas should be halted completely till the ones already here, or at least a major percentage of them, have accomplished the above. This puts the peer pressure on them to assimilate, so others can come in.

It's okay to honor one's culture of origin, but not set up a little country within a country with it's own laws and enforcement. A melting pot can be a wonderful blend of flavors....or it can be one big kettle of contaminated mess. It's all in how you tend the concoction...when to add or not add something, when to stir, when to remove or dilute, etc.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

lol.. that is because most are second generation now.. first is aged, second is in their 30's and the third is being born now..

I didn't hear of many that weren't born in Britain from there in our age group anyway.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

But are these people of a certain ethnicity with their certain beliefs radicalized and hell bent on taking over the US ? Are these ethnic types with their certain beliefs comitting terrorist acts and atrocities ?
I think that is the point.
edit on 8-1-2015 by sayzaar because: spelling error. Getting tired

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Strange.

No.

I'm just straight forward logical.

You certainly are.

Now, do you know anything at all about this thing in France?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: Annee

Uh huh well the Christians quit murdering people years ago. When Muslim fanatics put an end to it I won't have a problem with them being allowed to rule their own little sections.

There's a difference between people who read a book and people who misconstrue it and murder others.

Extremists come in all forms and beliefs.

There are Christian extremists. Like those who murder abortion doctors.

According to WIKI
Since March 10, 1993 there have been 6 abortion doctor murders and since August 1982 6 attempted murders.

So that is less than what happened in Paris YESTERDAY.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join